Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Art of Pandemonium! (15-23 January)

Hmm for some reason I thought the race ran through Sunday.

I'll make one last crack at the Sidewinder challenge and then see if there's time for the other categories.

Happy racing everyone.

(I'm now at 6 ships lost over the entire event, for those keeping count)
be proud! ive lost 4 asps and 2 cobras.. mainly down to boosting from a pad too close to the slot.. pad 1 im looking at you.. it seems great.. right next to the slot.. but its a trick.. I would pay fdev for a pad 12 or 36 reserve pass so I always got them . 22 is nice for med, im using Drakhyrs pad guide he posted up in the BB flight academy thread, there were some older ones but they weren't accurate. I can recommend it if you've got a memory like a sieve.

so with out selling my soul to the facists I cant get the sort of performance the courier gets ( FYI im not just against the imp medieval facists.. I am also against the modern facist feds.. and I wouldn't use any of there ships in a BBR either. or the trade facists.. the alliance.. I wont use any of there ships either. ) so cobra it is... better get back out there Aken. ;)

Last edited:
And to think that I was going to make a run in an Adder. :D

Please don't mind me, I think I'm done with the Cobra, of all subsequent attempts I made (and there were several), not even one ended without some interdiction, obscured target or other unpredictable game bugs...we'll see what I con come up with in the next hour (probably my last one for good). ;)

A word of caution: the cobra is a fast beast, but seeing Cookiehole's footage, I'm not completely sure it can brake as good as it boost!

Hmm for some reason I thought the race ran through Sunday.
I wanted to avoid Sunday Server Sadness making the last day somewhat anti-climactic. Unfortunately, by the sound of it the problems have more been general client-bug sadness!

so with out selling my soul to the facists I cant get the sort of performance the courier gets ( FYI im not just against the imp medieval facists.. I am also against the modern facist feds.. and I wouldn't use any of there ships in a BBR either. or the trade facists.. the alliance.. I wont use any of there ships either. ) so cobra it is... better get back out there Aken. ;)
What about the Faulcon de Lacy fascists, huh? What about them?! :D

Please don't mind me, I think I'm done with the Cobra, of all subsequent attempts I made (and there were several), not even one ended without some interdiction, obscured target or other unpredictable game bugs...we'll see what I con come up with in the next hour (probably my last one for good). ;)

A word of caution: the cobra is a fast beast, but seeing Cookiehole's footage, I'm not completely sure it can brake as good as it boost!
Yeah, that last part is the issue I ran into during BBR7... It's speedy, but you gotta give it a good while to slow down... :D

so with out selling my soul to the facists I cant get the sort of performance the courier gets
I just went to the system where you can *bribe* the facist officials to give you whatever rank you like, paid a few 100K credits and job done, now I have all the paperwork to prove that I'm a facist rank of master, and there is *nothing* that anyone can do to prove otherwise. :cool:

Unfortunately, even with an iCourier I am completely incapable of posting a competitive time it appears! Finishing a full run without destroying the courier by boosting into something would probably help :D

By the way: my last attempt at the Short Circuit last night ended because the station graphics didn't load! I was 3km from the station, but it wasn't actually there and didn't appear in the contacts list. Does anyone know how to fix that quickly? I exited to the main menu and restarted in open and the problem was still there. So I gave up that run.

I've never had that happen before.

A last minute new entry in the short circuit, it should have been just for the fun of it, but...hey, the ship CAN race!

Cmdr Aken B.
Ship name: Happy-Go-Bucky
Ship type: Adder
Class: Short Circuit

Time submission incoming!

I want to apologize to the cmdr to whom I think I almost scraped a bit of paint entering Friedrich Peters, forgive me I was in a bit of a hurry :D
The only hollow square I saw near when I launched again was Kastar so, in case it was you...sorry!

Last edited:
@furrycat. There's dumb, and then there's pixel dumb. The inverse landing should be counted - you can probably exit the craft easier with the canopy on the ground than going all the way to the hatch. Any landing you walk away from... ;).

Tangent: That timer is very cool.

Last edited:
yep, looks like I'm gonna be a DNF this time :(

Have a thing I need to be at after work so no last second run for me.

I guess I shouldn't have done a 1% hull run on a multi stop circuit.

Have fun wrapping it up guys!

I cannot get around the Token Ring - even with shields!

hoping to put the High Flyer in dry dock for a few hours and get a Courier or DBX out for another shot at the Short Circuit (Drakhyr has knocked me out of third!) edit. it was Kligg

fly toasty
<-lightspeed->

Last edited:
I just shuttled my new (slightly used, only 1 owner, never boarded, strictly legal cargo except that one time at band camp) Hauler "Cool Beans" back to Pandemonium for a try at Token Ring. "Rough Trade" met her demise coming into Slough from a pirate's business end.

Then I checked the in-game time: I have 4 hours to complete and submit a time for Token. We on the West Coast of NA forget that there are other time zones and spaaaace is not on Left Coast Time.

I will complete my local trade run (groceries) and then do my best to not die in Token. One Ring to... ooooo I get it, now. I'm not just slow on the track (self-burn high five).

hoping to put the High Flyer in dry dock for a few hours and get a Courier or DBX out for another shot at the Short Circuit (Drakhyr has knocked me out of third!)

Errr, not me...

I haven't yet managed to get round the Short Circuit without some form of error or incident (interdictions, docking errors, launch errors, overshoots, etc). Earlier today I decided I was giving up, my head obviously just wasn't in it. But... maybe just one more attempt. Or two...

I'm hopefully making one or two more runs at each race before the end, I don't think that I'll manage to get a Sidewinder challenge run in though.

@Drakhyr Apols, I thought you'd clocked a 25:xx this afternoon. Anywho I'm out in my shiny new courier to see if i can put some scratches on it!

edit.
it was Kligg i chatted to this afty. humblest apologies all round.

Last edited:
I haven't yet managed to get round the Short Circuit without some form of error or incident (interdictions, docking errors, launch errors, overshoots, etc). Earlier today I decided I was giving up, my head obviously just wasn't in it. But... maybe just one more attempt. Or two...

After managing to crash on the way in and out of the same station, I've concluded I was right earlier, and my head obviously just isn't in the right place for a fast run. So this time I really am giving up - see you all in Turbo in a few days...

Right, that's it ... I can no longer deny the fact that I'm not going to get another run in before midnight.

It's been fun (as always), good luck to those who are still forging ahead, and I look forward to seeing you all at the breakfast bar for final results and a farewell glass of prosecco.

Except it's not really farewell 'cos Turbo Hour is already upon us ... take you glasses with you and I'll see you over at Kanwar Horizons!

@Drakhyr Apols, I thought you'd clocked a 25:xx this afternoon. Anywho I'm out in my shiny new courier to see if i can put some scratches on it!
lol that was me you wasak and in a stranger turn of events.. after your post saying drakhyr has gone 3rd ive been trying to beat my own time! ease off on the matrona jelly guy... am I still me?

pande_comp_stuckslot.jpg

Heres a few shots from the race.. I didn't do my usual hanging about sorry if I missed you at the start. also on this pic.. is the grey mullet wedged into the slot..the station didn't like it. neither did my insurance.

Last edited:
having lots of whoop whoop fun in my new Courier but those pesky station walls keep moving! it really feels like 'racing' after hauling my Asp around.

still time for a decent run, maybe one more beer will get me in 'the zone'......

Last edited:
Token Ring: check.
Survived the scouting run which is the real run: check.
Hit a bunch of racks: check.
Heat damage: check.
Near misses: check check.

Good race!

Time, screenshots, video still to be submitted. By my calculations I am looking at a lot of ship afts.

It was harder than I thought. W*ng had no mass to brake on (snicker), I saw Rose and Busch Ring a couple times each (giggle), and Shatner Ring an extra time (is that a judging look?). Had my scouting run been only that I might have posted a slightly better time. Maybe :).

Shame it started so well, too.
Take 1: A knock at the door (actual door, not ship door). Run aborted. Reset.
Take 2: Dropped coffee. Reset.
Take 3: Ta da.

Apologies to whomever I shot by going in or out of Friedrich Peters. My Open etiquette is rough. Correct as required and I will appreciate it.

So much fun overall! Thanks CMDR Alot for putting it all together. Looking forward to a day's break, and then I will see you all at the Turbo Hour! :D

EDIT: Time and screens submitted. Video processing (if you want a how not to approach a station vid - this is the one ;)).

Last edited:
Well, the ol' clock has rolled over, and no new runs can be started. (As per the race rules, anyone currently doing one is allowed to complete it :p)
I'll put provisional results up sometime tomorrow afternoon, so consider midday tomorrow your deadline for submitting info to me. :)

Thanks very much to everyone for taking part! It's been excellent fun. :D

Oh, and in case anyone's missed it... This starts pretty soon!

Top Bottom