Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Art of Pandemonium! (15-23 January)

Distant Worlds can wait. I can always catch them up at Sagittarius A* and make that my 'Challenge' entry. (not that RL will allow me 12 straight hrs of game time)
Woo! Looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with :D

As much as it saddens me, I'm going to have to drop out of this one. Real life work commitments have conspired against me, and I won't be able to get my run in on-time.
Aww... I know that feeling, and it is most saddening. Nice to have you around nonetheless! :)

YOU WILL RELEASE THESE SHACKLES LEAVE THE ROOM ... AND DROP YOUR BLASTER ON THE WAY OUT!

P.S. am drunk so apologies if this makes no sense tomorrow
I can confirm that it makes no sense now... I'll get back to you tomorrow to let you know.

College things and work things have gotten in the way, but hopefully I'll at least be able to get 1 run in .-.
Best of luck... Hopefully hear from you soon enough :D

This time instead I had a completely smooth and uneventful run for the Black Sheep...the Gods of Life, Universe and Everything have been merciful for once...I still managed to screw another pair of short circuit and sidewinder runs though, but only my ever lacking clarity of mind is to blame for this. :)

Well, I could also mention that interdiction in the sidey with a factor 17 masslock from a very angry chap that left me with 8% hull and almost two minutes too much on the counter...but at that time, I already managed to spoil my run with a couple of well placed overshootings, not much to loose anyway :rolleyes:...

You're looking at 22h minimum, 30 hours more likely.
Yes, This Is a challenge >:)

You do realize that's exactly what I'm pondering, right? Last I checked on the 65k club, the record was 40 hours. That said, my piloting arm just got whacked from slipping on some ice, and I'm hoping it feels better in time for the weekend...

I'm pretty sure I can improve my time here and there, so be careful Raiko - I'm coming for that top spot!

I wasn't anticipating how long the Token Ring would take, so I think I'll leave that until later.
Welcome to the BRC Kastar, go for it - all of my times are perfectly beatable, I'm getting better but my docking leaves a lot to be desired. :D

And yes the Token Ring is quite a long haul, curious to see if anyone accepts the challenge of running that one in a regulation sidie, I'm not sure that I'll even get time to run the Short Circuit in a sidie yet!1ee1ee

You do realize that's exactly what I'm pondering, right? Last I checked on the 65k club, the record was 40 hours. That said, my piloting arm just got whacked from slipping on some ice, and I'm hoping it feels better in time for the weekend...

I'm certainly not planning to spend twelve weeks travelling there, but I don't think I could manage more than the A* run in 1-2 sittings. I could possibly do it over a full weekend, starting with a Sadge run on a Friday night.

I'm thinking of trying a test run to the Southern meridian first, using the new FSD-Boosted routes to travel directly across from the Perseus arm. Then I'll understand the far-rim Nav problems without having to travel 50K first. :) Macros' route is doable in an Asp with just a few boosts.

Well that rapidly went from "I'll just do a quick run" to "Oh no I've done 3".

First and third runs went well (Thanks for the luck Samwell Drakhyr!), the second one had a premature end when I ran out of subspace fuel /just/ before I hit FSD - leaving me stranded outside the Orbital Happy Home. Admittedly not the worst place to be stuck :D

I'm definitely done with the Black Sheep though, got to get some time on the Token Ring.

Enjoying the flying though! Glad I'm flying something expendable - I've lost three haulers already!

Last edited:
Oh yes Kastar, definitely go for that top spot...watch your steps though, it could be crowded up there....mwahahahah! :p

(Tomorrow we'll discover that you are first and I'm behind Raiko by some minutes, and I'll need to find a place where to hide)

A little thing I forgot before...sorry <-lightspeed->, hope you didn't mind that overtake at Futhorc ;)

Forty seconds stuck in witchspace. Twenty-two seconds behind cookiehole in the final reckoning.

Grumble.
I'm glad to hint that this jump wasn't the only thing blocking you from overtaking with this attempt. I've just had enough time and good luck with another, probably last, run in the Courier. :D

Well that rapidly went from "I'll just do a quick run" to "Oh no I've done 3".

Enjoying the flying though! Glad I'm flying something expendable - I've lost three haulers already!

Glad to see another potential regular incoming! That sounds like you won't get away from racing that easily. :D

Oh yes Kastar, definitely go for that top spot...watch your steps though, it could be crowded up there....mwahahahah! :p

(Tomorrow we'll discover that you are first and I'm behind Raiko by some minutes, and I'll need to find a place where to hide)

Looks like I wasn't that far from truth, congratulations Kastar, you are a whole three seconds ahead of me! :D

I'm confident you can still shave plenty of time, the hauler may be a coffin, but it's a pretty fast one for this course ;)

Had a few close shaves on the Token Ring tonight :eek:

Vz4GzcK.png

Last edited:
I definitely need to work on my approach and landing, although being without shields leaves me a little wary of bellyflopping too hard. I'm sure I'll have to fight for that top place, and I'm looking forward to it!

Fly safe and fast guys o7

All change, please, all change!

E10rtmO.png

ksI3CtR.png

lVyj57Y.png

LoqvQCk.png

YYwFjOP.png

Two entries into the Short Circuit's unlimited class today: Terrorsidic is the latest in a long line of racers to slide in right in front of me. Oh yeah, I said two didn't I... Some other guy improved his time, I think... That's right, Cookiehole isn't content with being in the lead, he's all about the speed! He's found some more time from somewhere in the Crater Creator to extend the gap at the top.

Downsizing to the Sidewinder Challenge, furrycat continues to move closer and closer to the lead despite being the latest pilot to experience technical difficulties. I swear, if Cookie doesn't get those bots under control soon... Meanwhile, Tayo has managed an improved time, pushing Ach Crivens past KliggJr into third. Terrorsidic has been watching all this action from further back in the field, taking a slightly more relaxed approach in the Sidewinder.

That, however, is where normal service ends. In the Black Sheep, two of our newest entries have ended up in rather different places. Eow Pigeon persevered through failed runs, multiple interdictions, and an internet connection outage to post a modest time that, in his own words, "makes everyone else feel better." Meanwhile, it looked like Aken B. had secured the lead with a blistering run pushing past Raiko; however it is indeed getting crowded at the top, as newcomer Kastar has edged the Volvo Pls past Aken by a scant three seconds to take the top spot.

Perhaps sensing that something was afoot, Raiko took it upon himself to improve The Nomad's time in the Token Ring; and he did just that, handily taking the lead back from Alec Turner after the most ginger of landings at Friedrich Peters Ring on 5% hull. Terrorsidic rounded out the day's efforts with a slightly more stately run in the Asp, finishing somewhat slower, but with a rather lower repair bill!

Well, less than 48 hours to go, and there's plenty of heat being applied across the boards. Who can shave the seconds before Saturday night? I'm looking forward to finding out! :D

Last edited:
I'm certainly not planning to spend twelve weeks travelling there, but I don't think I could manage more than the A* run in 1-2 sittings. I could possibly do it over a full weekend, starting with a Sadge run on a Friday night. I'm thinking of trying a test run to the Southern meridian first, using the new FSD-Boosted routes to travel directly across from the Perseus arm. Then I'll understand the far-rim Nav problems without having to travel 50K first. :) Macros' route is doable in an Asp with just a few boosts.
Here's the thing about crazy: I'm in the right place for it. Not going to FSD-boost; going to take the Beagle Crossing route, as I'll have the SRV with me, which pretty much rules out the Svenno route without boosting. I realize the problems inexperience will bring. Also, I don't know how sitting in the cockpit that long will work; I went 17.5 hours with Shadow Lurk, so I'm not inexperienced with long sessions, but I recognize that sleep may be a good idea at some point. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't; maybe I'll get too tired to go on, maybe I won't; but the way I see it, there's only one way to find out. And if anyone wants to out-crazy me, they're welcome to try.

Beyond that, tested the arm. Can't lift my shoulder up without a lot of pain, though I should be okay to fly; thank goodness for beautiful old desks that have slide-out writing surfaces. (Also, thank goodness for college chemistry departments that set beautiful old desks on fire, then sell them at cheap!)

UPDATE: Decided to let it wait a bit - two weeks, most likely. Multiple reasons; just that, if I'm going to do this, I need to set up the work environment just right. And starting last night after a meeting (meetings serve their uses, but after awhile, no matter what the meeting's for, it all feels like Vogon poetry), or with the pain my shoulder's still feeling today, just isn't going to work.

Last edited:
I <3 the Sidewinder :D. That was the last run I will get to make in the Sidewinder Challenge, though. Work and nav duties will prevent further experiments with how fast I can go by a planetoid and still call it "braking", how many loops before I actually forget which side of the station I will come out at, and my favourite tests involving station bulkhead integrity.

I will try for a run at each of the other two in the Hauler "Rough Trade" that I used in the last race. I like the soothing space kazoo sound it makes.

Last run - Test #42: [video=youtube_share;9_C6j11p9Pc]https://youtu.be/9_C6j11p9Pc[/video]

(I had planned to run the other two races in the Sidewinder, or an Eagle - another fun dart, but time will prevent that this race. Next time ;).)

Last edited:
Well, less than 48 hours to go, and there's plenty of heat being applied across the boards. Who can shave the seconds before Saturday night? I'm looking forward to finding out! :D
I'm not on my way back from the Omega Nebula...
And even if I was, I couldn't possibly find time to run another loop...
Oh wait, what's this?
I am and I can.

edit...intent to race:

Cmdr Jak
The Obvious Enigma (Asp Explorer)
The Token Ring
Favorite system name is still: PIE

Last edited:
Top Bottom