UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Could this be something! Pilot seat missing! "The Missing"? Cane Massy crates part of the puzzle? Or have I been using my tin foil hat as a whisky jug for to long?.. Maybe the DBX is not the first cloned ship, the conda was but it crashed spilling its goods out and now there looking for the cargo and the stuff growing because of it!..

I noticed the lack of seat when I was at the Pleiades site today too! There were some unusual markings on the rear and a distinctive look to the paintwork too. I've put them in an album here: http://imgur.com/gallery/CvFli

I noticed the lack of seat when I was at the Pleiades site today too! There were some unusual markings on the rear and a distinctive look to the paintwork too. I've put them in an album here: http://imgur.com/gallery/CvFli

Not sure about strange marks (I'm not all that familiar with 'Condas) but the bodywork looks to me like it's been sandblasted. Which is strange since it's an airless world so couldn't have been atmospheric-driven sand after the incident, & I can't imagine how it could end up buried at that angle after scrubbing along the surface to remove the paint. Any accident investigators in the thread?

A UA may have it's own unique flags when left in the right soil as it does when left at a black market. I will try dropping my next with 12 MAs, then call it good.

I went to the crashed Annie, nor barnacle in the wreck, just near-by. Perhaps it was photoshoped. The nearest barnacle is about 2km away, but it is fully spiked. Took these photos of the ship itself. The thing has no pilot's seat. https://imgur.com/a/SOJaj

The barnacle in the wreckage wasnt photoshopped but it was a random spawn. It also spawned fairly wonky if I recall right, it's been awhile since I saw it (working off memory here). Point is unless rng strikes twice that barnacle won't be seen from again.

Interestingly prior to it spawning a wingmate of mine dropped a meta alloy there. It spawned shortly after that ... I really think that was coincidence but a repeat experiment might not be a bad idea.

I should clarify what I mean by spawned. It was seen about an hour or so later in the day. I had left the planet and then came back when I saw a post about it on the forum. I've never seen it since then despite farming one of the barnacles by it quite a lot.

Not sure about strange marks (I'm not all that familiar with 'Condas) but the bodywork looks to me like it's been sandblasted. Which is strange since it's an airless world so couldn't have been atmospheric-driven sand after the incident, & I can't imagine how it could end up buried at that angle after scrubbing along the surface to remove the paint. Any accident investigators in the thread?

I think our ships may get sandblasted due to normal travel, hence the repair paintwork option in repairs (tho how the particulates get past sheilds i dont know) so maybe a long journey without repairs.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Where is the conda?

i've been away for a while and havent caught up with the thread.

For the non-reddit users here, any explanations for this?

it was posted half an hour ago here

is that normal, like the galactic background sound, or is it something...else?
it sounds creepy...

EDIT: Ok it seems like this is just the ambient sound there, someone on reddit just mentioned it

Last edited:
There are some people here who think that I'm trying to make a drama out of the story about those green things being discovered ( still hate them with all my life if you wanna know ) so I want to take this opportunity to first apologize if anyone here got offended by me . That is all I'm gonna say
and yes I still hate the barnacles with all my life if someone is wondering

There are some people here who think that I'm trying to make a drama out of the story about those green things being discovered ( still hate them with all my life if you wanna know ) so I want to take this opportunity to first apologize if anyone here got offended by me . That is all I'm gonna say
and yes I still hate the barnacles with all my life if someone is wondering
Why do you hate them? do you hate them as a role play way? or IRL?
They add depth to the storie and are unique , the most alien thing I have ever seen

Unfortunately I don't think the no seats thing is anything of significance.
straight from OA's video:
condanoseats.PNG

Last edited:

I'm sure when I went there the first week it was discovered, the seats were in place. I climbed over it in the SRV and glitched through with the debug cam to check inside.

I'm on mobile right now but if I remember correctly I took some pictures. I'll try to find and upload them here.

Last edited:
I'm sure when I went there the first week it was discovered, the seats were in place. I climbed over it in the SRV and glitched through with the debug cam to check inside.

I'm on mobile right now but if I remember correctly I took some pictures. I'll try to find and upload them here.

I bet there is a seat in each Conda. It's easy to overlook in a dark large cockpit.

I think our ships may get sandblasted due to normal travel, hence the repair paintwork option in repairs (tho how the particulates get past sheilds i dont know) so maybe a long journey without repairs.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Where is the conda?

i've been away for a while and havent caught up with the thread.

see Rizzal's summary on the first page of this thread

Edit: good call about the in-flight dust sandblasting effect, you can see the effect on the windscreen after only a few flights, but if that was the cause of this crashed 'conda's paint stripping then the pilot really didn't care much about his ship.

Last edited:
For the non-reddit users here, any explanations for this?

it was posted half an hour ago here

is that normal, like the galactic background sound, or is it something...else?
it sounds creepy...

EDIT: Ok it seems like this is just the ambient sound there, someone on reddit just mentioned it

Remember, my fellow Podlings, this is why you break out of the cargo hatch and go into the cockpit only when the pilot is asleep.
Adrenaline totally ruins what are otherwise perfectly good nutrients. ;)

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/56b49d799657ba3b18c00374
It has been several weeks since Professor Ishmael Palin, the scientist researching the Unknown Artefacts, appealed for help in establishing a new research outpost on Maia b1ba. The appeal was enthusiastically received by the galactic community, resulting in a huge influx of deliveries to Obsidian Orbital, Professor Palin's base of operations. But since then there has been no news about the new research base, prompting some to wonder if it would in fact materialise.

In a statement released today, Professor Palin explained the reasons for the hold-up, and reassured the public that the research base would go ahead:

"I know the galactic community is eager to unravel the mystery of the unknown artefacts. The fact is that my team and I were sidetracked by our recent breakthroughs with the unknown artefacts and meta-alloys. I can assure the public, however, that the new research outpost will go ahead – in fact, and my team and I will be departing for Maia b1ba imminently."

The professor's ship, containing a wealth of valuable research material, is expected to set off in the next 24 hours.
That last sentience seems to be a...... death sentience really, doesnt it....

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom