The Border Coalition

Welcome to the HQ of the Border Coalition

The Border Coalition is a union of player minor factions on the edge of civilized space joined by necessity to protect each other from encroachment of aggressive major powers and factions. Originally founded by an odd alliance between the Mercs of Mikunn and Communism Interstellar, recent events have caused the rapid growth of the alliance. In its current form, the Coalition is simply a defensive pact, and aggressive measures will only be taken in the event of an attack or territorial loss. Our factions are not interested in powerplay, but rather seek to enhance the minor faction experience provided by elite. Frontier has since announced the Rise to Power Competition and the Border Coalition has qualified, attempting to create a power for the outer colonies. In the event of a loss, the Coalition will resume normal activities taking care of the outer colonies while it waits for the freedom fighters update.

We seek to be peaceful with all the current powers. If a power is grabbing independent territory of the Border Coalition they will be informed at the latest by the expansion phase as it is sometimes hard to determine beforehand. We are willing to provide help to the powers, against fifth column activity and unwanted expansions for example, for those powers that are willing to respect our area and avoid exploiting our systems. We will also be developing a 3D map of the protected area (which is actually very small compared to power areas).

If you want to help the cause of the outer colonies, please contact Walt Kerman or stay in touch with news bulletins on this thread. The ultimate purpose of the Coalition is to provide emergent content. Any altercations in game will be in the spirit of the game and we expect all fellow outer colonists to hold themselves to that standard.

If you belong an existing Power or to an independent minor faction especially on the core side of colonized space, please contact us on our forums and we will establish a private area of communication for you.

Current Members:

• The Mercs of Mikunn
  • Communism Interstellar
  • Kuun-Lan

News Bulletin:

9/8/16
Long time belligerent to the Border Coalition's surrounding region, the Dark Armada has resurfaced. Marking the first time the Dark Armada has engaged the coalition since it was first formed, several months ago the Armada began taking two systems from Communism Interstellar breaching the peace treaty they signed with the two allies, Communism Interstellar and Mercs of Mikunn - a precursor to the Border Coalition in its current form. Recently the Dark Armada attempted to take a third system from Communism Interstellar; however, this time the two allies have intervened. In the aftermath the Dark Armada declared war on not only the two original allies, but the Border Coalition as well, even though the system isn't under the jurisdiction of the Border Coalition.

In other news, Tiberius of Mikunn has announced his resignation as interim leader marking an end to the emergency powers granted to him during the attempted rise to power. "The Coalition will be returning to rule by the member council." Tiberius stated, adding "Currently no serious threats exist that warrant my stay as interim leader."

8/21/16
After the rescue of Jaques, Tiberius calls on all outer colonists to support Jaques station and colonization of the local area.

[video=youtube;Pdr0uMIWA70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdr0uMIWA70[/video]

8/10/16
The Coalition announces Kuun-Lan as its newest member. On August tenth the members of the Coalition voted and the leaders of Kuun-Lan signed the Coalition Treaty, making the residents of Binney Horizons the latest to fall under the mutual protection coalition led by charismatic Interim-Leader Tiberius.

7/6/16
The Coalition decides to support SEPP, like-minded explorers, in their rise to power. In addition to attacks on Coalition systems up through June leading to the Danger Games, Tiberius explains why the Coalition is supporting other factions over Galcop.

[video=youtube;nyvSfQaKNuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvSfQaKNuQ[/video]​

6/28/16
As part of his campaign, Tiberius makes a plea to the Federation and Empire to support the outer colonies.

[video=youtube;S32YTe8n9G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32YTe8n9G8[/video]
[video=youtube;BHWgdxCnpQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWgdxCnpQc[/video]

6/19/16

​Tiberius makes a speech to the Canonn.

[video=youtube;MHYL_RGIAfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHYL_RGIAfI[/video]

6/9/16

The Dukes of Mikunn recently won an election in Maiphu. A recording of the speech made by Caius at Weatherbee Vision has been released to the public.

[video=youtube;tYfZMAnF0qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1543302051&feature=iv&src_vid=MHYL_RGIAfI&v=tYfZMAnF0qY[/video]

6/5/16

Tiberius delivers a speech on the basic tenants of The Coalition and what drives them.

[video=youtube;ytdWm6yc_ps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytdWm6yc_ps[/video]​

5/19/16
Tiberius makes a speech to try to persuade independent truckers to support the outer colonies.

[video=youtube;5wHg1XiYfUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHg1XiYfUs[/video]​

4/21/16
The Rise to Power Competition was announced, and the Border Coalition has qualified. Interim leader Tiberius of Mikunn announces that the Coalition will attempt to make a power for the outer colonies.

[video=youtube;A8uTElPAQm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8uTElPAQm4[/video]​

-CMDR Lucifer Wolfgang

4/14/16

After slugging it out for another two weeks. The Border Coalition and Archon Delaine have come to a peace treaty. In exchange for Wadir, Archon Delaine we leave all surrounding systems and what factions control them to be at the discretion of the Border Coalition as well as all other BGS activity. Archon Delaine will also not be expanding any further into the Border Coalitions space and recognize the territory extending up to 60 LY from the Coalitions three capitols.

-CMDR Lucifer Wolfgang

4/1/16

Following a sudden silence from Imperial opposition, the pirate lord Archon Delaine has made a grab at several of the core-ward border worlds. The Wadir system has fallen after a week of siege, despite a surprisingly ferocious resistance from the local organizations.

The capture of Wadir has put several systems of a fledgling alliance known as The Border Coalition under direct control of the pirate lord. This has prompted an emergency meeting which is likely to see the addition of The Winged Hussars to the Border Coalition boosting its affiliated forces to 700 commanders from the pilots federation.

Currently the Border Coalition is an odd medley of mercenary forces supplied by the feudal Dukes of Mikunn and communist freedom fighters from Manite. Time will tell if they are able to mount a sufficient resistance.

-CMDR Lucifer Wolfgang

Last edited:
Do please feel free to communicate with the communities of the various Powers' subreddits. "Encroachment" is often unintentional, and often preventable in the prep stage. If the encroaching Power is an enemy, often we/they would likely be happy to direct assets at a particular opposition given sufficient notice.

The moderators of each sub are often well connected enough to get a great deal done, myself included.

Edit: for the non-Reddit inclined, various moderators are also active forumites and would respond to PMs. Again, myself included.

Last edited:
We will work on a way of displaying the small area of space we work in. We do talk to many of the powers. Some are so far away that it almost doesn't matter.

Why is The Border Coalition so anti-Delaine compared to the 0 opposition you have put into the Aisling expansion next the the home system of The Winged Hussars?

Why is The Border Coalition so anti-Delaine compared to the 0 opposition you have put into the Aisling expansion next the the home system of The Winged Hussars?

probably because Aisling is not a , pillaging and murdering pirate. Seriously nobody wants Archon Delaine near them.

probably because Aisling is not a , pillaging and murdering pirate. Seriously nobody wants Archon Delaine near them.

So your treaty with the Alliance to stop the Federation and Imperial Powers from expanding to "your" systems is just a sham for attacking Delaine?

Since I'm not with the Border Coalition or one of their member groups, I don't give a damn where Delaine is expanding to. :)

I just named the most obvious reason, why Delaines expansions are strongly opposed.

Last edited:
Since I'm not with the Border Coalition or one of their member groups, I don't give a damn where Delaine is expanding to. :)

I just named the most obvious reason, why Delaines expansions are strongly opposed.

Strongly opposed doesn't really describe the difference.

They put in over 200000 merits into ours compared to a whopping 210 so far into Aislings expansion.

Maybe someone told them Aisling does the and pillaging?

Effects of Aisling Duval taking over an independent system:
Imperial Slaves banned
Greater Production and Consumption of High Value Goods

Effects of Archon Delaine taking over an independent system:
Security level halved
Black Markets pay 10% more for illegal goods

One of these is good for merchants and one is bad. It's not hard to see why people would be in less of a hurry to oppose Aisling.

Last edited:
One of these is good for merchants and one is bad. It's not hard to see why people would be in less of a hurry to oppose Aisling.

Well you are correct, one bonus is good for traders, the one that sells Imperial slaves for a 10% bonus price, and one bonus bans the most profitable commodity in the game.

In truth I don't know what king of margins slave trading scum make on their routes, but I wonder if the increase in interdictions from a reduced security rating makes it worthwhile.

In truth I don't know what king of margins slave trading scum make on their routes, but I wonder if the increase in interdictions from a reduced security rating makes it worthwhile.

If you want to do many jumps nearly 6000 cr/T is doable, but for a few jumps 4300-4500 cr/T is the normal rate on our borders.

Reduced security seems to make less police spawn to interdict you, havent noticed more pirate npcs spawn.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

The Border Coalition actions against Kumo Crew were to support Mercs of Mikunn. The Winged Hussars have their own plans regarding Aisling which I am not going to share here. They may or may not involve actions from other member of The Border Coalition ;)

Being scum pays very nicely, thank you!
As for interdictions... who's going to interdict me? The virtually non-existent system security, or the pirates who I'm allied with?
;)

If TWH will be in danger I will rise against Smurfette ;) At this moment we don't see any reason for that (all love prismatic shields, right?).

Last edited:
Being scum pays very nicely, thank you!
As for interdictions... who's going to interdict me? The virtually non-existent system security, or the pirates who I'm allied with?
;)

Maybe I'll search and interdict you. :D

Watch your Six for that Vette xD

So your treaty with the Alliance to stop the Federation and Imperial Powers from expanding to "your" systems is just a sham for attacking Delaine?

Because Aisling have prismatic shield, noting more . I personaly don't like Smerfetka [polish nickname for Aisling] . He Represents everything that does not agree with the idea of empire. I used to be imperialit and I still have a fondness for empire. On the other hand I do not like pirates. I think Aisling does not have a serious opponent in the nearest area.

Fly safe pirate and all your victim have a full cargo.

Last edited:
The winged hussars never informed us, so I'm guessing they don't care.

if I were to hazard a guess I would say that the game doesn't encourage that power to remove their chosen factions......

Top Bottom