Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Extended MWM: The Swift-Walker Econ Sprint (19th - 25th April)

On that note, I was wrong about the iEagle - she follows the route suggested in the OP just fine (I just didn't fly the opposite direction, before). So it's just big ships that go both ways via the same systems, omitting the LTT 16524 entirely as "too much off course" (smart Orca, smart)
It's still three jumps to finish, though.

Also be advised, first jump from Swift Port, Tatil is now obscured and, considering the orbit speed, will remain so for next 6-10 hours.

Good luck, everyone.
I think it's less than 5 hours; isn't it? The 0.2 day orbit is rounded up from 0.15+, but even at a full 0.2 that is 24hr * 0.2 = 4.8hr.

According to my calculations it should be possible to build, in descending order of top speed, an Orca, a Diamondback Scout, a Viper or a Cobra which can run the posted route arriving on fumes. For instance the Cobra would arrive with 1.668 kilograms of fuel remaining.

Determining the winner could prove tricky.

right so now ive taken 10 minutes to do a run to support the BRC I can get on with smuggling or other less important things ;)

FYI swift doesn't have fuel tanks in outfitting but walker does, dunno how I can do it on fumes when the minimum tank is 2 tons.
Ill just have to hope I do a quick time.

According to my calculations it should be possible to build, in descending order of top speed, an Orca, a Diamondback Scout, a Viper or a Cobra which can run the posted route arriving on fumes. For instance the Cobra would arrive with 1.668 kilograms of fuel remaining.

Determining the winner could prove tricky.

You mean equipping the smallest fuel tank? Well, it's not a good idea, imho. Lighter ship means lower fuel consumption on jumps, which means that, although you burn whole fuel tank, you actually used less fuel than with a big tank.
That is if the consumed fuel will be calculated from fuel re-buy price, of course. If it is the percentage of current/full tank that matters (which sounds silly to me) then yea, small tank would be an advantage.

Last edited:
So the most fuelful build I could actually spec up is this Cutter which can do the course in 16.19T. The A7 FSD will actually shift up to 3150T at a cost of 19.1T of fuel but there's no achievable build I could find that attains that bulk. With a top speed of 201m/s boosting up to 321m/s, the Cutter won't put itself in a position to win a tiebreaker without sacrificing some of that mass.

For the racer on a budget how about this Anaconda which can burn through 12.09T at a sedate 183m/s with regular boosts to 244m/s?

Regardless of how the tiebreaker is decided, an Orca is theoretically likely to be in the best position to win it. This build can achieve 323m/s with a boost speed of 409m/s while guzzling 7.674T of fuel and this one can complete the course at 348m/s boosting to 441m/s with a mere 104g of fuel remaining.

Last edited:
So the most fuelful build I could actually spec up is this Cutter which can do the course in 16.19T. The A7 FSD will actually shift up to 3150T at a cost of 19.1T of fuel but there's no achievable build I could find that attains that bulk. With a top speed of 201m/s boosting up to 321m/s, the Cutter won't put itself in a position to win a tiebreaker without sacrificing some of that mass.

For the racer on a budget how about this Anaconda which can burn through 12.09T at a sedate 183m/s with regular boosts to 244m/s?

Regardless of how the tiebreaker is decided, an Orca is theoretically likely to be in the best position to win it. This build can achieve 323m/s with a boost speed of 409m/s while guzzling 7.674T of fuel and this one can complete the course at 348m/s boosting to 441m/s with a mere 104g of fuel remaining.

Interested why you don't consider boost speed more important than non boost speed? As the cobra would be fastest when boosting.

I hate to say it, but... why is everyone getting quite so hung up on the tie-breaker mechanics?

How about you spend that time investigating going faster, huh? Didn't think o' that, did ya! ;) :D

Thinking about you... a question... How can I change the precision of edts to measure the fuel in liters...? :cool:

This Orca waste uses 5.99t of 6t tank for the run.

PD: the "going faster" is a lost case in my case...

Last edited:

I think you are overthinking the fuel. That's all nice and shiny, but in the end, the lightest and fastest ship wins by several seconds and it won't matter who burned how much fuel.
If you add weight simply to resolve a hypothetical tiebreaker, you will lose. :)

I hate to say it, but... why is everyone getting quite so hung up on the tie-breaker mechanics?

We can model the tiebreaker.

Interested why you don't consider boost speed more important than non boost speed? As the cobra would be fastest when boosting.

Sure, the Cobra has a few m/s in boost speed. Looking purely at fuel consumption it is worse (or better, I suppose) than the Orca.

This Orca waste uses 5.99t of 6t tank for the run.

I make it 5.108T for Swift to Walker via the posted route.

In the end, the lightest and fastest ship wins by several seconds and it won't matter who burned how much fuel.

That would be good. No one likes tiebreakers.

How about you spend that time investigating going faster, huh? Didn't think o' that, did ya! ;) :D

We are thinking ahead. Once we reached the limits of our ships, shaving off but a single second can be incredibly difficult, but burning one more percent of the fuel can be much easier to achieve. ;)

EDIT:
Also (While we are at the seconds haggling and before Seneh starts to hate us for nitpicking :p) Will there be separate categories for Solo and Open?
You gave us both options, but I am running consistently about 3-5 seconds faster times in Solo, thanks to faster hyper jumps and SC drops.

Last edited:
Intent to race:

CMDR Cookiebot
Forum: Cookiehole
Cobra Mk. III "Chocolate Chip"
Open Play

This sounds like the ideal race for an insane battle about a few seconds. Which is highly likely to be enormously fun :D

It is. :)
And costly- Orca's shield braking has approximately the same result as smashing a bus against the wall while having a water baloon stretched over it. [squeeeee]

Emptiest is by percentages remaining. If it really comes to it, I've got backup tie breaker mechanics. I'll get our first times up in a. Purple hours after I'm home from daughter's sports.

This sounds like the ideal race for an insane battle about a few seconds. Which is highly likely to be enormously fun :D
going for your 7th.. is it? BRC victory cookie.. I'm gonna have to throw everything ive got at this to beat you then.. but flightsticks may win out over k&m , may have to dig out my old kempston. ;)

Ah, Ha! That changes everything. Furrycat's calculations may come in handy in that case. :)

I_love_towel.jpg

Top Bottom