EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Hi,

A display switcher (many other functions). It's does a lot more, see below.

We are now in build 4!

Download here: http://www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/

Updated to include all the important Odyssey settings, and functionality. Things should work just like they do in the game and there shouldn't be any bugs. Also fixed a few pending bugs. Give it a go!

Updated to work with Odyssey!

I hope to support this program indefinitely!

-Switch between Odyssey and Horizons mode. In Odyssey mode (for example), if you hit Apply, it will update Odyssey settings. If you save a profile, that profile will be tailored specifically for Odyssey
TIP: If you regularly play in Odyssey, and your first (top of the list) profile is a Horizons profile, then every time you open the program it will open in Horizons mode. So if you wish to avoid this, make sure the top one is set to Odyssey!
-In the HUD editor, if you are in Odyssey mode, it will display a different background image, taken from Odyssey screenshots. This is so that the preview will be as accurate as possible.
-Added 2 extra, Odyssey-only, settings.
-The program now saves (and lets you adjust) all 4 Odyssey bindings (General, Ship, SRV, On-Foot), which save to profiles too. This will not conflict with Horizons bindings.
TIP: Every time you boot the game into Horizons, the game itself will wipe your extra Odyssey bindings. Best to avoid doing this, but if that happens, chances are it is not EDP's fault!
-Extended the range of the Gamma values to match engine changes

Njiymtj.png

wrwdnwc.png

AQize5M.png

BgAKLQ.gif

MORE:

If you like it, feel free to donate, as there is more work to do on it

Hit the update button, or run setup.exe again, or go via the website and download/reinstall

Here are is an overview video of the app:

[video=youtube;-MAbt76ct7s]
]Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MAbt76ct7s[/video]

As you can see, it lets you create any number of graphics settings profiles. It also has a (live) Detect Current Settings button, and manages your start up control bindings and GUI Colours BRAND NEW GUI EDITOR!.

Download here
(please don't share the non-shortened bit.ly link of the download as I am using it to track how many downloads - for curiousity :) )

If anything goes wrong, hit the reset button :)

Thanks!

Dr. Kaii

Previous updates:

UPDATE! Tone Maps broken by Frontier (not on purpose). Sorry! Hopefully will come back. Can bring it to their attention if you want perhaps, by politely emailing community@frontier.co.uk and letting them know we miss it :)

Also I've updated the Chat Logs browser to include the new chat types and have added filtering for said chat types. Plus I've fixed some bugs that made that and CMDR Logs stop working <3

Previous update:

CMDR Logs is a new tool that captures what you write in local chat as a sort of in-game note taking device. It lets you make logs from WITHIN THE GAME, and then formats them beautifully, with lots of wonderful ways to tweak it. Even captures screenshots, and can therefore be used as a bookmarking tool for recording interesting sights!

hCGT1SM.png
<font size="4"><font size="3"><strong>[video=youtube;lmJF-Ua9coE]
]Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJF-Ua9coE[/video]

Tool always kept up to date. Most recent update:

3.2.0.6 is a quick update that does a couple of things:

Extra Settings
A new setting has been added, submitted by forum user Overspark: GalaxyBackground QualitySetting under <Environment>!

CMDR Logs
1. Added a new context menu option: you can now copy the name of the system to clipboard

2. The merging was broken because rightclicking would deselect your other logs, fixed

3. Pop out and open .txt file will now open all selected if you have more than one selected

4. When "screenshot" is ticked, and you click on the link of a screenshot, it will actually also copy that screenshot to clipboard, so you can paste it online/in a messenger etc.

5. Added the first (and still ONLY) ever submitted Tone Map! Jay Le Chardon v1

---

Big recent changes in the previous update 2.4, to be worked on further:

2.4 introduces a brand new feature - ED Chat Logs Browser! It's a separate program I made a while back that didn't get much attention. I use it quite often to recall a chat or check if I missed anything so I thought I'd just include it in EDP for anyone else who would like that functionality. It's currently in beta and no guarantee I will fix the minor bugs, but please let me know about any major ones.

If I feel there is a lot of positive interest in the tool, I will really tidy it up, but for now it's very functional.

I've also finally got round to including the Volumetric Clouds Quality setting.

Due to space concerns I've decided to go wide, rather than any longer (people on laptops were already struggling to fit it on screen) and thus have changed the layout.

I've also fixed a couple of small issues, including the fact that messing with custom files didn't activate the Save button.

I've included some more GUI profiles, namely 4 that were designed by forum user edgepixel that maintain the security colours (enemies red etc.). I've also changed it so that the ""included"" GUI profiles don't automatically return every time there is an update, so if you delete some, they are gone for good! If you ever want the ""included"" ones, there is now a button to import them.

Lastly, I've added copy and paste functionality for the GUI colours, so you can copy out the values with <MatrixRed></MatrixRed> etc. tags included, or paste into EDProfiler the values that you've copied with the tags (such as if you copy from a forum thread or from the .cfg files)

As for the HUD editor, forum user edgepixel has brought to my attention that for some matrix values, the station menu colours don't match what our third party HUD editors are displaying, so I will be looking to solve that problem and perhaps further optimise the HUD editor, so stay tuned for that.

Fly dangerous CMDRS!

Dr. Kaii

Main fixes are the blue channel not saving to GUI profiles bug and jet cones quality not detecting properly

NEW FEATUREs ALERT!
Horizone's discovered settings that you can fiddle with to make the darkness of the sky darker without strongly affecting the overall brightness are now settable and adjustable by EDProfiler!

Examples of what it can do: Source: https://imgur.com/bndF1Z0

06q7sKE.png

LF6hVrw.gif

<font size="4"><font size="3">[video=youtube;drcrcklUD6U]
]Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcrcklUD6U[/video]

We have a brand new feature in EDProfiler: BRAND NEW BUILT IN GUI HUD COLOURS EDITOR!

The GUI/HUD Color Editor has been heavily worked on!!!

FIRSTLY, the code has been optimised, so the whole thing runs a lot faster, less lag etc.

SECONDLY, the color picker now has 3 modes:

1. Blend: mixes the color you click softly in to your selection
2. Replace (main): changes the overall color scheme to the one you select - a heavy replacement of the main ""orange""
3. Replace (highlights): replaces only the blue highlights (shields, some writing etc) - Note, it needs further work to get it more exact in all situations.

Have a fiddle to see exactly what each does. Hopefully, you'll be able to produce some awesome HUDs with this :)

THIRD, it is now fully region-friendly. Use your commas and ambersands and question marks for decimal separators to your hearts content! Weirdo.

FOURTH, the image is much more refined, neater, and includes more menu items for reference.

LASTLY, file size is reduced down to a healthy 2mb again

COMING SOON: (if I can figure it out): Avatars are here! 100% accurate as far as I can tell (please test)!

Enjoy!

-Dr. Kaii

Extra:
It lets you see what your chosen GUI values look like for almost every layout in the game. It lets you change them on the fly, it lets you click on a colour to blend that colour in to what you've selected, it lets you scroll through your profiles. It is very very cool.

Has the ability to switch to larger values and negative values.

2.2.1.7:
1. Fixed the issue when creating a new profile, you get two entries in the profiles list
2. Fixed the message showing "profile saved" when you bring up the overwrite profile dialogue but close without making any change
3. Added a validation in case you pick the wrong ED install location (for the defaults) or the wrong program for the launcher
4. Added a rough auto-detect for the ED Launcher
5. A few cosmetic updates

2.2.1.3:
3 changes:

Video and Image of changes:

1. You can now create a list of programs to run when you hit Apply for each profile! So if you switch your audio source with something like nircmd, for example, when you change from 2D to VR, you can now add the .bat files to the relevant profiles and have them run as you hit Apply (checkbox has to be checked)

2. You can now unlock the Model Draw Distance to go above the default range. Setting the slider to max with the "unlock" box ticked sets it to 2.0, which almost completely eliminates pop up. Powerful computers only!

3. I wrote some code to give you a dialog box if your GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml is corrupt (not sure why but this happens to a few people here and there) with some options on how to deal with it (either delete and recreate, or lets you fix it yourself)

• Now, in "Detect Current" mode, the Save button changes to Save to existing profile..., and clicking it opens a tiny dialogue that lets you save the currently detected settings to any of your profiles, or one of the two default profiles (finally). Warning, overwrites the profile completely!
    Screenshot:
    16qL5eZ.png
  • Added all the latest NO2O avatar friendly profiles
  • Renamed all the old NO2O GUI profiles to include special titles, and given the author name where available
  • Increased the width of the GUI Profiles List combobox dropdown list so you can read the names that don't fit
  • Improved the algorithm for working out which named profile is currently applied when in "detect" mode
  • Cleaned up a lot of the GUI profiles as a result*
  • Changed the way the profiler displays the names of custom bindings (it was removing the "Custom -" part), and created clean up code to deal with that

• Added controls for HUD brightness, jet cones, camera shake, camera blackout, vehicle camera stick to horizon and two additional VR default profiles
  • Updated options for graphics settings that have new options, such as super sampling and HMD quality
  • Added code to include all these changes and additions to existing profiles
  • Changed gamma, terrain work and model draw distance to sliders
  • Changed values for above to match game values exactly
  • Added "check for updates" button
  • Improved code for control bindings, now using PresetName in the .binds file rather than the file name itself, in case the user changed it. Added code to support very old bindings files that don't use the PresetName attribute
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Adjusted the layout
  • Clicking the VR default profiles now automatically sets the 3D control to HMD
  • Added more NO2O GUI profiles (GUI profiles that are compatible with avatars)

it is now bug free as far as I can tell, and I have completed my todo list. Run the setup.exe or re-download and install to get the latest version!

It has been a glorious day of updates! Including fixing ALL region-related issues and the SS issue (see notes below), I've now finally gotten round to fixing the Bindings part of the app! You can now select from a list of your custom bindings, as well as the default options in a drop down list, and it will apply that binding before starting the game (so long as you have the "Enabled" box ticked). You can save both to a profile of course. Enjoy!

1.0.4.1 - fixed minor issue with Bindings list not updating when you switch profiles/detect
1.0.4.2 - changed the title to 1.0.4 as it still said 1.0.3

Fixed all regional issues (once and for all I hope, please test!). SS is also now fixed in case you missed the last update. Please update by running the setup.exe again or going to the site.

1.0.2.4 - 7
btw I am aware of the problem of the detect not detecting the DOF or Terrain Sampler settings, I have fixed it for the next release, I just want to sort out the controls bindings thing to be working so I can release together.

• Fixed the quoted problem, as well as finalised the multi-regional support. If you use commas for decimal points, heck if you use % signs for decimal points (we don't judge you), then it will work fine for you
  • Also added some NO2O GUI colour profiles, which are all avatar-friendly. Taken from here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...le-HUD-Colour-Color-Configs-(please-add-yours!)
    (give rep to the inventor of the one you use)
  • I also disabled the control bindings checkbox as that's not currently working correctly. Will be available when I fix it sometime by next week hopefully

If your files got corrupted due to it NOT working before thanks to the regional issues, please either manually set a complete list of settings and hit "Apply" in EDP, or failing that, delete them (game files and EDProfiler files) and recreate them (by launching the game and applying in the graphics menu for the former, by running EDP for the latter) and all will be smooth sailing.

Fixed SS issues by 1.0.2.7, added home button and various other minor issues

• Fixed issue of having to set the install path each time you press one of the Default Settings buttons
  • Fixed the issue some were getting where they got various exceptions from starting due to missing elements (some people seem to not have DOF or Sampler settings in their configuration files
  • Set it to blank out the DOF and Sampler settings if they don't exist to prevent confusion, with tooltips to explain
  • Included missing GUI profiles (including the "default" one called Standard)
  • Set auto-updates to once every 7 days again

v.1.0.1.3
  • Custom binds no longer getting renamed (the files themselves were never renamed but it made problems populating the list correctly in EDProfiler)
  • Custom bind for loading is not set to nothing anymore if you apply with the check box unchecked
  • Those getting the "element missing" error on startup shouldn't get it anymore
  • Added tool tips when you hover your mouse over some settings that can be blank until you change them and hit apply the first time with instructions

Last edited:
When running in VR, the screen never goes fullscreen (on the monitor - not in the headset). This means that mouse movement can sometimes go outside the window. When you change the options ingame for fullscreen it will do that, BUT when you relaunch it has forgotten those values and goes back to about halfscreen on the monitor. I hope that explained it better.

Yeah it did. Unfortunately my gpu has been delayed so I'd appreciate if someone can send me some GraphicsSettings.xml variations with explanations of the settings so I can get going

Not sure what you're talking about, but why not? :D
On the Vive when you run E: D with Steam VR active, the monitor throws up a window for E: D (I believe 1280 x 768 res).

On my system through E: D graphics settings, I'll set up full screen and 1920 x 1080 res on my monitor (to run shadowplay properly), but the next time I boot E: D it reverts back to the window again. Rather annoying.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Yeah it did. Unfortunately my gpu has been delayed so I'd appreciate if someone can send me some GraphicsSettings.xml variations with explanations of the settings so I can get going
WIll try to send you my xml tonight.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

WIll try to send you my xml tonight.

Thanks, and if you have time please try to send one with VR on and one with VR settings off. And any other combinations you think I might find useful :)

This is awesome news! I just received my rift and I know Dr Kaii is a big dk2 user (now my spare lol) so he will know exactly whats needed. I miss being able to click a button and then play without all the faffing about with settings. Get it done m8, we need it yesterday :)

I think the biggest thing for me would be to be able to switch effortlessly between two profiles, i.e. a VR one and a standard one. So the VR one would have HMD active with windowed and low rez on the desktop view, then with a click of the button I could switch to standard monitor settings, including borderless and 1920x1080 rez

Hi,

I'm going to be making a new display switcher as the old one stopped being supported and doesn't work since 2.0, codename Elite Dangerous Files Tool (as it will manipulate files - hopefully will get fairly complicated) but that name might change.

I also want to try to add as much functionality as possible, so please give me a wishlist of things it can do (try to keep it along the same theme of creating and switching between graphics profiles etc).

Here's a screenie of the old display switcher, so I'm going to make it do all of that. Is there anything else you guys can think of?

Thanks!

Dr. Kaii

p.s. this is going to be a project to help me learn a new coding language so the more ideas the better :)

Will aim to have the preliminary version ready by the end of next week.

Sounds great - does this work with ED on the fly? Or you run it before starting ED?

Is it for the Rift/DK2/CV1, and Vive?

Can it have a "Start ED" button with path picker etc? (even if it just launches the Launcher, it'll save button presses)

I think the biggest thing for me would be to be able to switch effortlessly between two profiles, i.e. a VR one and a standard one. So the VR one would have HMD active with windowed and low rez on the desktop view, then with a click of the button I could switch to standard monitor settings, including borderless and 1920x1080 rez

This is a great idea -
VR with blank Monitor
VR showoff
Display only (2D)

Save and name as appropriate.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm going to be making a new display switcher as the old one stopped being supported and doesn't work since 2.0, codename Elite Dangerous Files Tool (as it will manipulate files - hopefully will get fairly complicated) but that name might change.

Out of curiosity which parts don't work for you? For me it's just the UI colours. Everything else works albeit with an error.

How about planet texture resolution and milky way brightness etc. All the intricate things that would be nice to tailor :) Looks good so far. Thanks

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Interesting. Any chance of explanation of what it actually does? (I mean a bit more in depth one than the obvious "It switches screens duh!" ;) )

Interesting. Any chance of explanation of what it actually does? (I mean a bit more in depth one than the obvious "It switches screens duh!" ;) )

It lets you swith graphics configurations between VR and non VR eg, changing ui colours, screen res of the stream screen and hopefully other, more granular graphics options - My VR settings are much lower than when I'm using a screen for example.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
It lets you swith graphics configurations between VR and non VR eg, changing ui colours, screen res of the stream screen and hopefully other, more granular graphics options - My VR settings are much lower than when I'm using a screen for example.

Nice one thanks!

Not for me then (no VR), but I'll post in my The Winged Hussars forums, I'm sure a few people will find it handy.

Sorry guys, I derped. It's GraphicsConfiguration.xml !

Right now, I intend it to be able to make profiles of graphics settings you can then apply before you launch the game, and save with names etc for later. It will grow, I hope, to do many related things. See the screenshot of the legacy program I am trying to reproduce as the starting point.

Top Bottom