EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Excellent thread - +REP!

Thanks! Although highly doubtful I'll get an alpha out today. It's much more complicated than I thought (as always). Hopefully, we will be good to go by the end of the week.

Also, this might prove very hard to test without a working game/GPU :)

Here is the proposed layout and intended functionality.

Have a look, see if there's anything else you'd propose.

I'll get the code working behind all that (right now it's just a layout) over the week :)

MvbQadr.png

What about the cursor setting? In non-3D I want it to be OS but with a hmd and hotas then moving the mouse with your head is better. Also make that donation button send to me :) (get it to send to SpecialEffect)

Also, 2 favourite buttons would be useful. 1 click and it launches elite with that profile, simples. 1 for monitor and 1 for hmd essentially.

Last edited:
Don't forget a donation button - can guarantee that at least one guy will use this button...
Thanks man :) Certainly an encouragement
What about the cursor setting? In non-3D I want it to be OS but with a hmd and hotas then moving the mouse with your head is better. Also make that donation button send to me :) (get it to send to SpecialEffect)

Also, 2 favourite buttons would be useful. 1 click and it launches elite with that profile, simples. 1 for monitor and 1 for hmd essentially.
Good ideas, I'll put them on the backburner.

---

Can someone get me a set of screenshots of all the graphics options in game? Ta!

Hi have a very functional working Alpha, does anyone want to do some dedicated testing?

It's quite hard testing it without being able to run the game :D

Pm me if you're interested.

In case you want to see where I'm up to, the non-greyed out bits are functional (but need testing), the rest is WIP:
XG2NN2r.png

Hi have a very functional working Alpha, does anyone want to do some dedicated testing?

It's quite hard testing it without being able to run the game :D

Pm me if you're interested.

In case you want to see where I'm up to, the non-greyed out bits are functional (but need testing), the rest is WIP:

It looks very interesting. Out of interest what is the difference between super sampling and HMD pixel density? And is Pixel density for Oculus only or can the Vive also do it? (I saw it was in some steam vr patch notes but never appeared).

BETA TESTERS PLEASE APPLY (send me a pm)

Good effort mate.

but just for yours and everyone else's info, the old EDDS tool does still work 100%, you just need to apply this quick one time manual fix

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ing-Windows-OOM-message-and-Rift-image-freeze

still, I am grateful for your efforts and happy to help test as needed (GTX 1080, DK2)

Good to know! I've sent you a pm.

It looks very interesting. Out of interest what is the difference between super sampling and HMD pixel density? And is Pixel density for Oculus only or can the Vive also do it? (I saw it was in some steam vr patch notes but never appeared).

Not 100% sure, I can't run the game at the moment. I think that's the HMD quality slider. Need testers to check everything

Thanks to extensive testing by SUBSY, the open beta is now ready. It seems 100% working and bug free to me, but would take a bit more fiddling and stress testing to know for sure. See the OP for more details!
It's currently set to check for updates each time you run. Once out of the beta it will be once every 7 days.
If you don't wanna take part in the open beta, then check back mid-week. It will be fully released by then

Download here: http://bit.ly/EDProfiler (please don't share the non-shortened link as I am using it to track how many downloads :) )

Ignore the warnings, they just don't like .exes

Bump, thanks to Dr Kaii for putting the hours into making this neat and very useful tool - much more comprehensive than the old EDDS tool - a worthy heir :cool:

Thanks! Also, anyone who has already downloaded and installed the beta, please close the program, delete the My Documents\EDProfiler\Defaults folder and reinstall the program :)

Last time you will have to do that, I promise.

(the VR Default and 2D Default profiles were set to some whacky values, I have made them normal. You can change those - when selected, hit the Save button and it saves the selected Default profile)

Top Bottom