Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons update 2.01.02

You gotta realise you are some people's perfect target - you're an explorer who's almost certainly not combat focused with no experience of the new 2.1 AI

As such you're incredibly easy to mislead and to recruit onto the "AI nightmare" bandwagon - if you look at who's involved it's pretty much the same faces every single thread +/- a few new ones most of whom try a few tricks and get sorted and carry on playing.

I wouldn't panic. You've had loads of warning so you'll know what to worry about on the way back in, and there's plenty of people who'll wing with you and help you get to where you wanna sell data to ease any nerves. Just.... take it all with a pinch of salt - you gotta admit many of these stories are pretty fantastical and when folk post videos of their super NPC attack it's rarely if ever turned out to be a super NPC just basics like pips that weren't needed before.

Once again you misunderstand, probably because I didn't explain fully :
I am not at all worried about re-entry to the bubble, I am not worried about my skills piloting during interdictions, I am not worried about exploring and coming back. Ignore the fact I am exploring.

I was purely talking about other people posting that big ships are easy targets for small NPC ships, and that small ships are better against NPCs right now. All of this to do with interdictions, combat, bounty hunting, missions etc.

Once again you misunderstand, probably because I didn't explain fully :
I am not at all worried about re-entry to the bubble, I am not worried about my skills piloting during interdictions, I am not worried about exploring and coming back. Ignore the fact I am exploring.

I was purely talking about other people posting that big ships are easy targets for small NPC ships, and that small ships are better against NPCs right now. All of this to do with interdictions, combat, bounty hunting, missions etc.

No, big ships are not fodder for small ships, you`d have to be a totally incompetent pilot to not be able to jump away if you wanted or destroy them in any reasonably fitted ship. As I have said I have killed elite FGS, FDL`s in my tradeconda with 5A prismatic shields and standard turreted weapons along with chaff and point defence. Forget about the scare stories and just use your own judgement.

Last edited:
It's easier to dodge stuff in a smaller ship. Those who aren't that good with their ship and who haven't gotten used to the different ways you have to fight in a large ship are recommended to fly smaller ships

That's all. There are a few bugged missions, every one I did worked out fine - be wary of the volume of negative feedback here, people come to whinge but if they're having fun mostly they just keep playing

It's easier to dodge stuff in a smaller ship. Those who aren't that good with their ship and who haven't gotten used to the different ways you have to fight in a large ship are recommended to fly smaller ships

That's all. There are a few bugged missions, every one I did worked out fine - be wary of the volume of negative feedback here, people come to whinge but if they're having fun mostly they just keep playing

Just another whinger, thats me. been in and out of High Rez sites. Lots of combat and occasionally having to hide behind a local cop's Anaconda.
The problem i have is that occasional "Super NPC" still loaded out with Engineered weapons,Shields and Thrusters who cuts my ship in half with 1 or 2 shots when they interdict me.
I will say this again, I have NOT bought Horizons upgrade, have no interest in running around on planets grinding resources.
Since i dont have that DLC i dont see why i should be seeing those weapons at all, except in open game play PVP.
In solo mode since i dont have it, they should never appear. Since they do & the NPC's have those upgraded weapons etc, i am at an unfair disadvantage.
I see that as a means for the Developers to force people to buy the upgrade to remain competitive in game.
I see that as EXTORTION

Weird. I'm downloading 2.1.03 at the moment. Which is one minor revision later this than version - is there a problem with 2.1.02?

So, noted 2.1.03 is out, and logged on for the first time in almost a month.

And now I can honestly say ... the is over! The is over! Yes! No more consistent Dangerous/Deadly/Elite (D/D/E) interdictions with FDLs and FGSes and the like. Trying to combat the ships is still unchanged, but that I don't mind. It was the constant gauntlet of ships that was interdicting me on any mining or trading run, if I survived 1-2, I never could the 2nd or 3rd before I could get to the station. And I can now escape too. Who hoo!

The Python is still nerf'd, dogfighting-wise. But at least I'm not getting ripped apart constantly in it. I also did a little combat in a Vulture. And now I'm back in an Asp, and now just run. Dang the 6 manueuver rating of an Asp v. Python is no contest at all, the Python deservers a 3 or 4, max, in comparison to the Asp with a 6. Of course I'm exploring again, instead of mining and trading. But still, I can actually escape again. And no more gauntlets of D/D/E.

Oh, looks like all my 40M+ in insurance claims was credited back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom