UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Question is there different signal source spawns for open play and solo play if anybody knows i keep getting darn emission sources

Believe me when I say that the UP Convoy is VERY rare...

patau, without needing to nail all the details, and I understand if you prefer not to do it, it seems that you and your friends are being gifted/granted the most convoyes for now, would you mind sharing your pilot ranks? I have to assume you guys really have something that increases the chances of finding one, e.g. two elite pilots.. yet again, riz@l found one on his own, riz@l, are you elite as well?

Yes, I am Elite. But I don't think that the rank is important. That would make the mystery accessible only to some CMDRs. But perhaps it just raises the chances a bit, who knows...

Believe me when I say that the UP Convoy is VERY rare...

Yes, I am Elite. But I don't think that the rank is important. That would make the mystery accessible only to some CMDRs. But perhaps it just raises the chances a bit, who knows...

Yeah and Degraded emissions are annoying xD

A short summary on my theory regarding echolocation being used by UA/UP/Barny to communicate.

1. Artifact is transmitter - sends echolocation signal into "glow" star of nebula (the star that gives a reflective nebula its luminosity eg Merope) This boosts the signal across the whole nebula.

2. Probe is reciever - Take it to a planet suitable for growing barnacles and it receives the transmission from the Artifact. Perhaps in space it points to the best suitable planet in a system?

3. A baby barnacle is born and my dreams come true

Some facts about echolocation that also fit with UA/UP/Barny;

animal echolocation has only one transmitter (UA) and two receivers (UP).

Whales in the same area will sing the same song, but it is slowly changing and evolving to adapt to the environment.

It has been suggested that humpback songs communicate male fitness to female whales. (barnacle mating call)

Echolocation allows the odontocete to easily discern the difference between objects that are different in material composition, even if visually identical, by their different densities. (searching for planetary grow site)

What you take from these facts is up to the individual. Personally I think the Artifact, the probe and the barnacle are 3 parts of the same entity, and echolocation is the how they communicate. This further strengthens my theory that these things are sentient beings, not just bio genetically engineered tech.

As for how these entities learned this form of communication, I have a theory it is to do with the "Voyager golden record". For now I just want to get these facts up. Hoping that this format of post is easier for people to read and understand what I'm saying. :)

Thank you yes, if you think you could extra info to help diagnose the problem, I put a bug report in here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270238-Recalled-ships-collide

Any info about why you think they came from underground would probably go down well too, we had both just descended a steep hill & ended up in that valley.
Yep, I added my video to that bug report - check it out - it's much clearer to see the ship coming from inside the planet because it's closer. Then watch your video again and you'll see it's the same thing. Perhaps Gypsy was running shieldless or with very weak shields?

If you guys did not believe the planet responding to the whine of the UP... [video=youtube;h98WngXqwIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h98WngXqwIc[/video] ITS VERY VERY prominent in that video. From high ALT you can hear the UP itself which is quiet. Then you can hear the planet responding to it ;)

Hey guys!

First time posting here, I stumbled upon this post earlier this morning and I must admit I got fascinated by the whole thing!

Anyways, i've made my way to Merope 5, and Merope 5C.

I took a few screenshots, one of the barnacle in the dark, one with my ship lights, and another one with the blue Merope 5 (Well I hope that's what you're all talking about, correct me if i'm wrong.)

The Barnacle
CrbMSe9.jpg

Merope 5
g6Zdqwp.jpg

Barnacle again
ZGfOOkh.jpg

I know I don't bring any very usefull data, but I just wanted to share with you guys.

Hope that helped!

I thought one criteria was the proximity to a nebula? MB hinted something that it made sense of you think about it out something like that

/me not judging..

someone asked for planets matching the candidate criteria within the bubble, there is no nebulae within the bubble tho.

Quick question: If I have two UA's or two UP's would the corrosion effects stack or not? I have a UA on me but I was just thinking about what happens with two whilst I scout around 5C.

Unfortunately the effects do stack. Pat was having trouble with 2 UPs in his hold.

Netslayer is currently getting an hour of clean audio for a UP planetside of merope 5c. I haven't seen it mentioned here but earlier in the day I believe someone tested the UP planetside on merope 5c and didn't think it pointed anywhere in particular.

When we have that audio I'm sure Net will post it here :)

We have tested a UP by an active barnacle and a dormant barnacle. We also tested a UP and a UA together next to a barnacle. Iso was streaming this but thats the only official video (Jarvis has some short clips of it however). I do have some nice pictures :D.

UA_UP_barnacle.jpg

Glowing_UP_head_with_UA.jpg

We seem to have more UP's now, so can someone please drop one in Pleione to confirm it still points to Merope and not Pleione 11A?

I'm having to rest one of my hands for a few days so I can't go find one of my own to test with and I have to live vicariously through you lot :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom