UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend bug reporting that - Gypsy may be able to get his ship back (or at least credits compensation). I've also had my ship "arrive" inside the planet, lose its shields breaking through the surface and take significant hull damage. Luckily I had the heavier spec armor fitted. I have my experience on video too, so can add it to a bug report, if it will help.

Thank you yes, if you think you could extra info to help diagnose the problem, I put a bug report in here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270238-Recalled-ships-collide

Any info about why you think they came from underground would probably go down well too, we had both just descended a steep hill & ended up in that valley.

Ladies and Gents.

A most adventurous evening.

I shall start with facts. Here is what I have learnt today.

A: Merope 5c orbits the galactic plane. This is now a fact.
B: No other moons of 5 do that. All are verging on 0 degrees.
C: M5C is tidally locked to M5.

A pause to get you guys to investigate this. Start doing it.

On top of that. At certain positions, the colour of Merope 5 changes from purple to a bright blue. The surface linear storms disappear to be replaced with something similar to the UA.
I thought that this was a result of my trip from M5 to M5C. I was wrong. When I tried to isolate it, I ended up with a purple star. I don't know what happened. All I can say, is that when you are in the right position, Merope 5 looks EXACTLY like the head of the UA. This is an in game thing that can be chased up. go for it.

Quick question: If I have two UA's or two UP's would the corrosion effects stack or not? I have a UA on me but I was just thinking about what happens with two whilst I scout around 5C.

Ladies and Gents.

On top of that. At certain positions, the colour of Merope 5 changes from purple to a bright blue. The surface linear storms disappear to be replaced with something similar to the UA.
I thought that this was a result of my trip from M5 to M5C. I was wrong. When I tried to isolate it, I ended up with a purple star. I don't know what happened. All I can say, is that when you are in the right position, Merope 5 looks EXACTLY like the head of the UA. This is an in game thing that can be chased up. go for it.

Pleas get a video of this i really want to see it :)

Ladies and Gents.

I'm happy to confirm the colour change of Merope5, although I can't say I picked out any distinct pattern the bands do disappear. I tested this by pointing my ships nose straight up & using vertical & lateral thrusters to manoeuvre.

Around the same area we both found several POIs with no cargo or other interaction, possibly implying that they had been there for a long time. None were persistent though. I found a cute little CQC Fed ship (complete) with blast holes but no tears. It was 'singing' an eerie song but there was no way to interact. I escaped & reloaded to see if it was persistant (it wasn't).

This may not be news to many of you but I learned today that the wave scanner no longer shows those vague vertical lines to indicate a distant POI, instead there is audio only which fades in & out, making it difficult to follow the signal. So don't just look on the scanner, listen to it even (especially) when it's blank.

patau, without needing to nail all the details, and I understand if you prefer not to do it, it seems that you and your friends are being gifted/granted the most convoyes for now, would you mind sharing your pilot ranks? I have to assume you guys really have something that increases the chances of finding one, e.g. two elite pilots.. yet again, riz@l found one on his own, riz@l, are you elite as well?

patau, without needing to nail all the details, and I understand if you prefer not to do it, it seems that you and your friends are being gifted/granted the most convoyes for now, would you mind sharing your pilot ranks? I have to assume you guys really have something that increases the chances of finding one, e.g. two elite pilots.. yet again, riz@l found one on his own, riz@l, are you elite as well?

Well im pathfinder explorer rank (No proof of finding one but know in my hearth i did) but i am elite in combat now so..... reminds me must change signature xD

Ladies and Gents.

Something I've noticed in the sysmap for merope - sometimes one of the main ringed planets appears light blue when you start to zoom and quickly goes back to it's dark purple colour. It's just a quick flash. I'm away from the game to check but I think it might be merope 5.

I wish they would add the feature of planets when in system map to show the planet surface of where you had already been like a fog of war type planet map. Though i suppose that would be to easy :p

Well im pathfinder explorer rank (No proof of finding one but know in my hearth i did) but i am elite in combat now so..... reminds me must change signature xD

If anyone thinks the ranks play a part I'm triple Elite. I'd be happy to accompany a squad to track them down, although I struggle against the new AI. I think I'd like one to help with the search, hopefully we can find enough to share. Are the UPs corrosive?

Something I've noticed in the sysmap for merope - sometimes one of the main ringed planets appears light blue when you start to zoom and quickly goes back to it's dark purple colour. It's just a quick flash. I'm away from the game to check but I think it might be merope 5.

That might be a bug tbh i get that when looking at a similar system the next system i look at would show the color of a planet from the last very briefly if thats the kind of thing your experiencing

If anyone thinks the ranks play a part I'm triple Elite. I'd be happy to accompany a squad to track them down, although I struggle against the new AI. I think I'd like one to help with the search, hopefully we can find enough to share. Are the UPs corrosive?

well, there is plenty of people searching for UP, but somehow patau and company got a lot of spawns compared to others. definitely a wing helps spawning the hardest signal sources.

Well if anybody wants to help me im in open play now still in BRSO 14

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

But i know now after saying that a nice pirate will show up xD

On my way to you now. Would you prefer to meet in mobius?

Im not moving out of this system as im trying to respawn this convoy havnt had any spawns in 20 minutes though :-(

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Send a wing invite if you wish though so we get the same instance :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom