UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Question:

Has anyone attempted to communicate with the UA via morse code in local chat? Perhaps using ... --- symbols with proper morse syntax?

The UA morse a vector graphic of our ships, perhaps it is their way of attempting to communicate with us? (Like, "Hi there human, I can see you, and I can describe you in a language you understand.")

Why/how else would they even be using morse code? A definitively human made method of communication if not to be trying to communicate with . . . humans?

It seems unlikely that they would be using a very old code system to broadcast their data to some nefarious omni-being on an open channel like that, and certainly if UA are alien in nature the odds of them developing and identical morse code system would be impossible, or at least highly improbable.

What about using morse in local chat to relay back the morse the UA is broadcasting? (eg the last ship in the system) As in reply, "Hello UA, message received, we understand your method of communication."

Maybe that would trigger a new message?

Or heck, any message at all like, "Take me to your leader..." :D

Maybe some combination of ship vector morse in some specific order? (eg a cobra enters the area near a UA and broadcasts its vector, then an asp comes in and broadcasts its vector, etc etc... The implication of possible combinations of this method are staggering but at the very least I'm trying to open the imaginations of the community to the idea.

I don't have the skills or the tools to do this myself, but maybe someone can/has ?

Question:

Has anyone attempted to communicate with the UA via morse code in local chat? Perhaps using ... --- symbols with proper morse syntax?

The UA morse a vector graphic of our ships, perhaps it is their way of attempting to communicate with us? (Like, "Hi there human, I can see you, and I can describe you in a language you understand.")

Why/how else would they even be using morse code? A definitively human made method of communication if not to be trying to communicate with . . . humans?

It seems unlikely that they would be using a very old code system to broadcast their data to some nefarious omni-being on an open channel like that, and certainly if UA are alien in nature the odds of them developing and identical morse code system would be impossible, or at least highly improbable.

What about using morse in local chat to relay back the morse the UA is broadcasting? (eg the last ship in the system) As in reply, "Hello UA, message received, we understand your method of communication."

Maybe some combination of ship vector morse in some specific order? (eg a cobra enters the area near a UA and broadcasts its vector, then an asp comes in and broadcasts its vector, etc etc... The implication of possible combinations of this method are staggering but at the very least I'm trying to open the imaginations of the community to the idea.

I don't have the skills or the tools to do this myself, but maybe someone can/has ?

I've transmitted the following Morse texts:
"all your fragments belong to us"
"CMDR Ra'Kaan is our supreme leader"
"we kill you for credits"

let me know if this worked!!

Question:

Already done, no reply from UA.

But then things may have changed, they could have implemented it with the latest patch. After all, people thought the UA pointed somewhere before the feature was implemented. The same thing could apply to that, or using the ADS to communicate with the UP. I would be pretty disappointed if that were the case but this mystery is everywhere with the UA, the UP, the Barnacles, the military protecting the Barnacles, the songs, and so on and so forth. There are clues everywhere, I'll give you that, but they don't seem to relate to each other. Yet.

Last edited:
Already done, no reply from UA.

But then things may have changed, they could have implemented it with the latest patch. After all, people thought the UA pointed somewhere before the feature was implemented. The same thing could apply to that, or using the ADS to communicate with the UP. I would be pretty disappointed if that were the case but this mystery is everywhere with the UA, the UP, the Barnacles, the military protecting the Barnacles, the songs, and so on and so forth. There are clues everywhere, I'll give you that, but they don't seem to relate to each other. Yet.
I beg to differ. All the clues tie in perfectly with one another if you interpret them properly.

My wild crazy theories that some disregard actually answer and fit with every clue we have been given. If something doesn't fit, then I disregard the theory as false. I spend a lot of time pondering and working things over in my head before I back a theory, and if I miss something the guys and gals here are usually quick to point it out. Then if I can't explain that I will disregard the theory as false or evolve my theory to fit the facts.

So far i am yet to proved wrong beyond a reasonable doubt, but I am also unable to prove I'm right beyond a reasonable doubt. So I keep trying, and one day I will prove one way or the other if I am wrong or right. Either way, when this is all over and done with I'm retiring on my nice little planet I picked out and starting my barnacle farm.

Also I was promised biscuits but these science fellers dont like giving them away for nothing :p

Last edited:
I beg to differ. All the clues tie in perfectly with one another if you interpret them properly.

My wild crazy theories that some disregard actually answer and fit with every clue we have been given. If something doesn't fit, then I disregard the theory as false. I spend a lot of time pondering and working things over in my head before I back a theory, and if I miss something the guys and gals here are usually quick to point it out. Then if I can't explain that I will disregard the theory as false or evolve my theory to fit the facts.

So far i am yet to proved wrong beyond a reasonable doubt, but I am also unable to prove I'm right beyond a reasonable doubt. So I keep trying, and one day I will prove one way or the other if I am wrong or right. Either way, when this is all over and done with I'm retiring on my nice little planet I picked out and starting my barnacle farm.

Also I was promised biscuits but these science fellers dont like giving them away for nothing :p

Of course, in my fudged up head clues also tie in perfectly with my theories. By saying "I'm also unable to prove I'm right", you prove my point. Nobody has been able to explain THE WHOLE story with backed up facts, where you go "hey, there is no flaw here, it's bound to be THE answer!"

I often remember Kerrash's post long ago when he was surprised nobody had found it out yet. A few threads later, we're still scratching our heads around it. Now we're even questioning the whole "have you listened to them?" post, thinking that MB was not referring to the morse but the whale part. What if we were "almost there" when we were theorizing about that in the first threads?

Of course, in my fudged up head clues also tie in perfectly with my theories. By saying "I'm also unable to prove I'm right", you prove my point. Nobody has been able to explain THE WHOLE story with backed up facts, where you go "hey, there is no flaw here, it's bound to be THE answer!"

I often remember Kerrash's post long ago when he was surprised nobody had found it out yet. A few threads later, we're still scratching our heads around it. Now we're even questioning the whole "have you listened to them?" post, thinking that MB was not referring to the morse but the whale part. What if we were "almost there" when we were theorizing about that in the first threads?

has anyone put together a UA/UP and meta alloy in the same space and listen to the collective noise that is made ?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

hahaha.. I think there is plenty under the surface of Merope 5 C, wait for someone to open the box!!

speaking of merope 5c, have we found any barnacle sites with imperial capital ships rather than federation ?

I agree. I wasn't meaning my theories are "correct" ( though of course I personally believe they are), I more so was meaning that the clues can fit and relate to each other. Thinking that they don't is self-defeating in my opinion. Better to keep an open mind and keep trying to make connections. Worst thing that could happen is I turn out to be wrong, but being able to cross something off the list is still helpful overall.

Oh and "listen to them" is definitely worth looking into again, and is what I have been doing for the last few days. Echolocation, whale song and the voyager golden record. These things have been looked into by others in the past, but now we have new information that points towards these things requiring further investigation.

I agree. I wasn't meaning my theories are "correct" ( though of course I personally believe they are), I more so was meaning that the clues can fit and relate to each other. Thinking that they don't is self-defeating in my opinion. Better to keep an open mind and keep trying to make connections. Worst thing that could happen is I turn out to be wrong, but being able to cross something off the list is still helpful overall.

Oh and "listen to them" is definitely worth looking into again, and is what I have been doing for the last few days. Echolocation, whale song and the voyager golden record. These things have been looked into by others in the past, but now we have new information that points towards these things requiring further investigation.

the more suppositions we link to together, the harder the theories become to test and prove.

And - burden of proof is always on the one claiming the existence of the celestial teapot ;)

the more suppositions we link to together, the harder the theories become to test and prove.

And - burden of proof is always on the one claiming the existence of the celestial teapot ;)

True enough, but obviously the popular theories are leading nowhere or the mystery would be solved by now. Sure there are thousands of theories floating around, but 99.9% of them are easily disproved and are usually based on one link rather than trying to fit every piece together. Every piece needs to fit for a theory to have any merit, and I have seen maybe one or two (besides my own :p ) that can do that.

Fully agree with your last statement. It is up to the individual to prove their theory, it is up to the community to disprove it. Until they cant. Then community should admit it is a valid theory that may be the answer we seek. That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I want your theories, our theories, to be proved right eventually (I mean one of them). What I'm trying to say is that every patch introduces a new road (it being the newly found importance of the Unknown ArteProbe's songs in that case), and I get it that FD need keep things moving forward but my simple mind cannot seem to tie the clues together...I'll just give the example of the Antares Incident. IMO, it's George Fallside's (Core Dynamics') fault, and even if this theory ends up being completely wrong (and it will), at least I can say all the clues made sense for me. I cannot say the same for the UA mystery. (Unless it also ends up tying in with the Antares Incident/SS1 disappearance, in which case it will make sense and blow my mind).

Has anyone managed to keep tabs on the barnacle site that is being "occupied" by the fed capital ship? Would it be worth staging a coordinated multi-wing raid - in the name of science, of course - to drive off them off for a while so the site may be re-examined?

A side benefit is that it may relieve the tedium.

True enough, but obviously the popular theories are leading nowhere or the mystery would be solved by now. Sure there are thousands of theories floating around, but 99.9% of them are easily disproved and are usually based on one link rather than trying to fit every piece together. Every piece needs to fit for a theory to have any merit, and I have seen maybe one or two (besides my own :p ) that can do that.

Fully agree with your last statement. It is up to the individual to prove their theory, it is up to the community to disprove it. Until they cant. Then community should admit it is a valid theory that may be the answer we seek. That's my opinion anyway.

No that's exactly contrary to what I was saying: until there is repeatable proof then it's just a theory. I don't know if you are aware of Russel's teapot, but it sums it up perfectly:

From Wikipedia
Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy, coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others. Russell specifically applied his analogy in the context of religion.[1] He wrote that if he were to assert, without offering proof, that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, he could not expect anyone to believe him solely because his assertion could not be proven wrong. Russell's teapot is still invoked in discussions concerning the existence of God, and in various other contexts.

Yes, okay Bertrand Russel was focussing on the existence of a deity, but the same holds true for scientific theories too.

Just because nobody disproves it doesn't automatically make it a good theory. A good theory is no better than any other good theory until observations support that theory; and then experiments conducted, and repeated, which prove the theory, enough for it to become fact.

Only facts can be disproven. There must be proof before it can be taken away.

Example - talking to the UA.

The only way to disprove the idea is to try it and fail.
Conversely the only way to prove it is to try it and succeed.

How many times, and for how many words, does it need to fail for it to be disproven? How many times does it need to work to be proven?

An army of experimenters working to disprove the idea could work forever to disprove it, because there might be only one word, or sentence, that will yield a response from the UA and therefore every time they don't get a response, the person who promulgates the theory can just say 'you just didn't say the right phrase'. Therefore, it can't be disproven.

If you're trying to prove it, however, then you'll do the same experiments and as soon as you get a response that's repeatable, then you've proven it. All the time you get a negative result, nobody need tell you you haven't succeeded, because the lack of a positive result speaks for itself. And all the time you haven't got a possible result, it's just another theory.

You also face the same problem, though: at what point do you give up? That's entirely up to you. Ergo: the burden of proof is on you as the person who proposes or supports it. Those that don't support the theory don't have to do anything for it to remain a theory.

And we return to the case in point: commjnication has been attempted with UAs in various ways, and no positive result was obtained. Enough possibilities were covered for me, certainly, to say 'it's a dead end'.

Last edited:
By the power of Greysku... er Photoshop!

Now i can see it its a beautiful shot.

well done SB

Yes, it is, but I see absolutely no resemblance to the Barney mark

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

You are awesome Commander! Your hardwork continues to help my research into barnacle reproduction. You set out just to document the state changes as I understand? In the process you are gathering the evidence i require to prove my theory. Thankyou once again :)

You are getting mode-locked in your belief in your theory. You should be thinking up ways to prove your theory if it's correct, AND disprove it if it's wrong. That's the proper scientific method ( see link in my signature)
:)

@LordZoltan
"Just because nobody disproves it doesn't automatically make it a good theory. A good theory is no better than any other good theory until observations support that theory; and then experiments conducted, and repeated, which prove the theory, enough for it to become fact.

Only facts can be disproven. There must be proof before it can be taken away."

Absolutely spot on LZ! All the wild speculation we have been seeing in the last 70-odd pages is burying the few facts we have making it very difficult to progress.

Last edited:
No that's exactly contrary to what I was saying: until there is repeatable proof then it's just a theory. I don't know if you are aware of Russel's teapot, but it sums it up perfectly:

Yes, okay Bertrand Russel was focussing on the existence of a deity, but the same holds true for scientific theories too.

Just because nobody disproves it doesn't automatically make it a good theory. A good theory is no better than any other good theory until observations support that theory; and then experiments conducted, and repeated, which prove the theory, enough for it to become fact.

Only facts can be disproven. There must be proof before it can be taken away.

Example - talking to the UA.

The only way to disprove the idea is to try it and fail.
Conversely the only way to prove it is to try it and succeed.

How many times, and for how many words, does it need to fail for it to be disproven? How many times does it need to work to be proven?

An army of experimenters working to disprove the idea could work forever to disprove it, because there might be only one word, or sentence, that will yield a response from the UA and therefore every time they don't get a response, the person who promulgates the theory can just say 'you just didn't say the right phrase'. Therefore, it can't be disproven.

If you're trying to prove it, however, then you'll do the same experiments and as soon as you get a response that's repeatable, then you've proven it. All the time you get a negative result, nobody need tell you you haven't succeeded, because the lack of a positive result speaks for itself. And all the time you haven't got a possible result, it's just another theory.

You also face the same problem, though: at what point do you give up? That's entirely up to you. Ergo: the burden of proof is on you as the person who proposes or supports it. Those that don't support the theory don't have to do anything for it to remain a theory.

And we return to the case in point: commjnication has been attempted with UAs in various ways, and no positive result was obtained. Enough possibilities were covered for me, certainly, to say 'it's a dead end'.

This. So much this.

People, please don't be aggressive with Davanix, it seems to me that he is in good faith: anyway BRSO 14 is not that far away, so everyone can check, me included.
If I was a troll, I'd chose another system to troll you: one very far away from the bubble.
And I doubt that he will have another Convoy spawn so easily, then, we can take it with a grain of salt, but let's try to believe ;)

I checked yesterday evening. Didn't find a convoy threat 4 SS but two lvl1. I am flying around the centre system and there is one with some Barney compatible planets. Also got 3 degraded emissions SS threat 0 with some very big debris field.

Don't get me wrong, I want your theories, our theories, to be proved right eventually (I mean one of them). What I'm trying to say is that every patch introduces a new road (it being the newly found importance of the Unknown ArteProbe's songs in that case).
I understand what you are getting at, but I just don't see it that way. The next part of the road is there for us to follow, it is just that there are millions of roads to pick from. The stuff they put in with patches etc. are more like hints to nudge us back on the correct road.

Ive spent 4 or 5 hours driving around 5c and nothing of note except quite a bit of yttrium :D i checked out the crator at 21 -41 and there seemed to be alot more nav beacons, srv sites and yttrium than when searching the open planes.

Ive been trying to consider how fdev and the game works. Since planets are procedurally generated it stands to reason (potentially) that when finding a location on a planet to place something fdev have to do a similar search to the ones we do. Fdev are big fans of scientific accuracy (within the confines of game mechanics) so they would likely place something somewhere relativetly interesting.

They generally place barnys in canyons which makes sense as they would be better mining locations. The probes point to 5c in space and the artifacts point to merope.

The only thing i can conclude from this is that whatever we are looking for is recieving information from the probes which are relaying information from the artifacts 5c is tidally locked part is always pointing at merope. Im thinking elevated landmasses pointing at merope as a area to target perhaps central on the star facing side of the planet. If you had a whole plant set as a recieving station you would pick the area closest to the thing your are recieving from. The big flaw in my theory is that it assumes the probes are relaying from merope which nothing so far supports. That said probe suggests entering something for exploratory purposes so the probes may be in merope and just starting to come out where they are being farmed by the convoys. Some tin foil needed but at least i feel i can define myself a search area.

Last edited:
Yes. You guys are right. I see now that I have been too focused on proving my theory to be right on these forums. I do however focus just as much on proving myself wrong (or at least I try to) in my own mind. I also will do test after test after test until I either perfect my theory and figure out the mystery with indisputable proof or someone else proves theirs with indisputable proof. It isn't up to anyone else to prove or disprove what I believe to be true, it is my responsibility.

Edit: I just don't like seeing so much time and effort by such an intelligent group of people being, in my opinion, wasted. But that's just it, its my opinion and you all have yours. Like my old man used to say, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one but no one wants to hear anyone else's :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom