UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I believe this represents instructions to complete a Fourier transformation to unlock more data. Fourier transformation is the simplest way to transform a signal by excluding wave forms

The [ .. repreents the start of the locked transmission, the ..] represents the end

The time key shows the time to cover 1/4 of the circle is 1 second meaning the circule represents a 4 hz cycle.

the two lines at the bottom left of the circle represent the band range that need to remain after the filter is applied

What do people think?

A fourier transform has already been done to obtain the image: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...8-The-Canonn?p=4273397&viewfull=1#post4273397

This has used up the higher resolution data within the audio signal from the probe and so there is no more "higher frequency" structure to uncover.

Last edited:
If the UP is meant to be used by players as a search tool why would the positive and negative result sounds be so similar? It would be as if we designed traffic lights so green meant go, and a slightly different shade of green meant stop. If this was made for players to use, wouldn't it be designed to be as idiot-proof as possible?

I would suppose it could be argued that the sound without systems going wonky would be positive while the system shutdown blast meant negative, but again it seems odd that such methods would be used instead of a simple light or sound as an indicator on what would essentially be a glorified metal detector. The trend in this game is simple user interface, and I'd be surprised if the Devs implemented a player tool that was so different from the "basic is better" approach used everywhere else.

Then again, if I was an alien and had to figure out what those weird hairless apes on the 3rd rock from Sol had scrawled onto their Voyager probe and interstellar radio signals, humanity would be in for a very long wait.

How are we supposed to understand aliens when we can barely even understand each other?

I wonder, have we Cargo or Kill Warrant scanned the UP or UA's? Discovery Scanners give a response, wouldn't another scanner do something similar? I haven't seen Cargo Scanners or Kill Warrant Scanner's mentioned in the posts.

If the UP is meant to be used by players as a search tool why would the positive and negative result sounds be so similar? It would be as if we designed traffic lights so green meant go, and a slightly different shade of green meant stop. If this was made for players to use, wouldn't it be designed to be as idiot-proof as possible?

I would suppose it could be argued that the sound without systems going wonky would be positive while the system shutdown blast meant negative, but again it seems odd that such methods would be used instead of a simple light or sound as an indicator on what would essentially be a glorified metal detector. The trend in this game is simple user interface, and I'd be surprised if the Devs implemented a player tool that was so different from the "basic is better" approach used everywhere else.

Then again, if I was an alien and had to figure out what those weird hairless apes on the 3rd rock from Sol had scrawled onto their Voyager probe and interstellar radio signals, humanity would be in for a very long wait.

The probe's behaviour has changed once already, apparently it didn't react to honking at first. Maybe it's behaviour will change again in proximity to...whatever the figure is a reference to.

Or maybe not.

Greetings,

Over the past week, a small group of Children of Raxxla (CoR) and Canonn researchers have been working together at decoding the signal in the Unknown Probe (UP). Because the Unknown Artifact (UA) had conveyed its information primarily as a code, our group narrowed its focus to the way the sound was generated and trying to determine whether or not information had been coded in the static lines and tones heard in the sound. We have largely ignored the diagram for this reason.

We’re now rather convinced that when CMDR Rizal activated his discovery scanner next to the probe, the probe made a scan of its own, looking for something it’s been programmed to find. The method by which is conveys this information is embedded in the signal strength of a number of pulses in the beginning of the transmission, what some are calling the “barcode”.

We’ve been able to see that depending on where the probe is activated, the signal strength of these bars raises or lowers in intensity. The audio feedback is proportional to the signal it’s receiving, making these probes a sort of dousing rod, by which the nose will grow or diminish in intensity depending on proximity.

"Failure" signal
http://i.imgur.com/2Vn2r6w.png
Failure Sound Link

"Success" signal
http://i.imgur.com/FVW700j.png
Success Sound Link

(Sound files displayed with Sonic Visualizer, db^2 scale, linear bins to show decibel level.)

Unfortunately, while we’ve been able to confirm the effect, we have not been able to test enough to determine under what conditions the sound grows louder. During our testing, the probe abruptly and unexpected teleported away from the test craft, and then vanished. We are still trying to determine whether or not this was purposeful functional or not (a bug).

So we are now putting out a call to the community, and to whomever has a probe, to carry on with the search. We believe something, either in space or on a planet, is out there to be found by the probe, and when the probe is in proximity, it will point us to what remains hidden. At that point, the diagram encoded in the signal may become understood, but until then, we believe following the pattern of the signal strength is the best option.

We really don’t know what the probe is looking for, or what the superpowers might be doing with them, but it’s our opinion that we pilots should find it first.

Good luck, and good hunting.

Probe Signal Working Group

* CMDR Elfrida Goto, Canonn Research
* CMDR Ornas Diehl, CoR
* CMDR Salvor Koz, CoR
* CMDR Vent Aileron, CoR

I might not have understood your line of thought, in what circumstance did you get your successful response? This is important as what you are saying is that from the start we had the failure message.

Sigh, there is too much fun not enough Pauls

Due to frustration on missing out, I've purchased horizons and will join in the search... :)

On a non UP (not directly) matter, has anyone every found/ terminated the S7-6 mysterious diamondback? It feels like a sideways part of the mystery, that never got any attention.

How much time passed before Fdev hinted at the sound for the UA? I reckon we will not get hints until that long passes again.

The Diamondback S6:7 has only ever been reported once, and there is no concrete evidence of its existence, therefore some on this thread appear to be of the opinion that it does not exist.

I have discussed my theory in the Canonn discord for the last week or so regarding the chittering sound at the beginning of the EMP. This sound is different across recordings, but there seems to be a pattern to it. One possibility is that it is locational. The recordings from Merope 5c all have similar sounding chitters (there are minute variations), but the recordings from Obsidian Orbital, Lobachevsky Outpost, and HIP 92142 (with a UA present) are all different. Also, the recording from Maia B (the black hole) has no chitter at all. Most of these recordings are available on the first page of this thread, and others I have acquired from sources in the Canonn and our new Experiments Database Spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...F-lm91sUwaRQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1078588269

I created some test samples to compare the sounds. You can clearly hear that there is some kind of pattern, but as yet I can't determine what that pattern is. Here are my test samples:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40870714/BurstDiscrepancyTestSampleA_m5c_m5c_MaiaB.ogg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...yTestSampleB_OO_Lob_HIP92142UA_HIP92142UA.ogg

Obviously, my research is somewhat slow and limited due to the lack of available UA's and limited recordings, but I think if there is a pattern here, it may be important.

No sound near a black hole eh? Maybe the chittering is star dependant? Shouldn't take too long to make a recording for each of the star classes?

I think the purpose of the grid lines is just to indicate that the figure is of a spherical body. The whole figure is indicative IMHO. We should be able to figure out what it means without actually measuring anything.

I tend to agree with this view. The gridlines within the sonograms circular glyph are clearly a cartesian grid as overlaid onto part of a spherical object- many have noticed they don't converge at the poles as they would for a lat/long coordinate system.

On the continuing topic of "hearing voices" in the UP sounds, I present to you (Caution: Video contains naughty words), hopefully as a cautionary tale!
[video=youtube;DFDSFcyMpFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFDSFcyMpFg[/video]

With people pointing at me saying I was just hearing what I wanted to hear when I was trying to prove the UA morse, I'm probably the last person who should caution people doing that sort of thing... but the recent claims have been stretching the imagination somewhat.

Binary numbers in quadrants

TSEfkgM.png

That's nice binary, but if dots are zeros then it is an OFF-by-one error.
Should be:
. . . = 0
. . | = 1
. | . = 2
. | | = 3
| . . = 4
| . | = 5
| | . = 6
| | | = 7

Which would then give you quadrant numbers:
2 . . . 3

4 . . . 1

[edit] not my pic.
just pointing out the off by one error.
using count zero binary, as I have, gives you a 1 to 4 labeling of the quadrants.

My theory is that this is a sequence of things that have to be done or found:

quad 1 has a line to the center. Perhaps a sub surface structure.
quad 2 has an arc above the surface maybe a ring or the blue landable indicator.
quad 3 looks like it's getting scanned
quad 4 has two structures coming out from the surface.

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/TSEfkgM.png

That's nice binary, but if dots are zeros then it is an OFF-by-one error.
Should be:
. . . = 0
. . | = 1
. | . = 2
. | | = 3
| . . = 4
| . | = 5
| | . = 6
| | | = 7

Which would then give you quadrant numbers:
2 . . . 3

4. . . 1

What if the aliens dont read from left to right? And the numbers are reversed.
Like this (based on your post):
. . . = 0
| . . = 1
. | . = 2
. | | = 3
. . | = 4
etc.

Then the picture would be 1, 2, 3, 4 clockwise. Although the '3' wouldnt make that much sense then, I am afraid (as a number i mean).

all the theories i've read until now are fantastic, amazing ....

but every time i watch that picture i think ''where are the landmarks?''

May be there are plenty of them.
Those 4 symbols, for example, maybe are cardinal points ?
The angles, maybe are sextants value numbers ?
The other various symbols (the little man, the bows, the hieroglyphs.. maybe are something else that we didn't yet consider enough ?

all the theories i've read until now are fantastic, amazing ....

but every time i watch that picture i think ''where are the landmarks?''

May be there are plenty of them.
Those 4 symbols, for example, maybe are cardinal points ?
The angles, maybe are sextants value numbers ?
The other various symbols (the little man, the bows, the hieroglyphs.. maybe are something else that we didn't yet consider enough ?

Agreed. We should concentrate on the surrounding pictures/artifacts. Maybe we find a reasonable Interpretation of those that add up to the central Image.

Just a speculation from DNA-Decay's Image...the 'numbers' (if they are) read ..., ..-, .-., .--, -.., -.-, --., ---
That reads as SURWDKGO in morse code.

Dunno what to make of that.

By Alphabet Count: English
S = 19
U = 21
R = 18
W = 23
D = 4
K = 11
G = 7
O = 15

By Order of Occurrence in Alphabet:
DGKORSUW

Reduced by Gematrian & divided by octive:

A = 1 = 1 =a
B = 2 = 2 =b
C = 3 = 3 =c
D = 4 = 4 =d
E = 5 = 5 =e
F = 6 = 6 =f
G = 7 = 7 =g
H = 8 = 8 =a2

I = 9 = 9 =b2
J = 10 = 1 =c2
K = 11 =2 =d2
L = 12 = 3 =e2
M = 13 = 4 =f2
N = 14 = 5 =g2
O = 15 = 6 =a2
P = 16 = 7 =b2

Q = 17 = 8 =c3
R = 18 = 9 =d3
S = 19 = 1 =e3
T = 20 = 2 =f3
U = 21 = 3 =g3

V = 22 = 4 =a4
W = 23 = 5 =b4
X = 24 = 6 =c4
Y = 25 = 7 =d4
Z = 26 = 8 =e4

Octave Speculation: (Letter_)(Octave #)
S = 19 = e3
U = 21 = g3
R = 18 = d3
W = 23 = b4
D = 4 = D
K = 11= d2
G = 7 = g
O = 15 = a2

E3, G3, D3, B4, D, D2, G, A2

= btw... playing this is hysterical...
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/music/piano/

Play it backwards and it is even more clear... Frontier had a bit of a joke here. xD

Last edited:
I imagine this is probably just coincidence, and may already have been checked, but the Voyager Pulsar diagram seems to match the image overlaid.

voydisk.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom