UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We're spending so much time on these probes when FD has confirmed that crashed alien ships are in the game as of 2.1 and that tipoffs are the way to find them. We need to find one and take a UP to it because I bet that the UP is the 'key' to unlocking the alien ship's data core.

We're spending so much time on these probes when FD has confirmed that crashed alien ships are in the game as of 2.1 and that tipoffs are the way to find them. We need to find one and take a UP to it because I bet that the UP is the 'key' to unlocking the alien ship's data core.

good idea but after like 200 quests i persoaly only got 3 tip offs soo thats gonna take long

and do you think i am still on Merope 5c searching an invisible alien ship ?? MWHUAAHAHA fool !

it's days now that i am searching a tip off that leads to a real alien wreck !!

mr-burns-evil-laugh.png

Last edited:
ah so the directional line is to the bubble ( and the outlying ring that looks like a planet is actually the UA bubble so all systems 135-150LY outside of merope is our new search area.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh no our search is the UA bubble itself.

Well, that's a problem. If there is one system per 100 cubic Ly then the shell contains nearly 40,000 systems.

Perhapse the probes are informing us where they are from, not what they are studying. The ship scan confirms that they are checking we are NOT what they are looking for and perhapse not a threat.... yet.

To say the UPs are from Merope5C because they always point to it makes sense ( the "distress signal" hypothesis), possibly also UAs, so there is something on 5C that is producing them. It cant be the barneys because UAs/UP have not been found elsewhere (e.g. 2 other nebulae, & UP point to 5C not any of the other Pleiades barney planets).

So why are we suddenly rushing away from 5C to explore the UA shell? There is something in/on/under 5C!

Can anyone with a bit of photoshop skill take the middle of the messeage and put it on merope on the galacy map so the 2 out going lines go towards the california nebula and barnard's loop and that the circle is on an abaut 145 ly range
thank you in advance

Last edited:
I was reading again the military transport chatter have someone followed the transport to it's destination?

I'm currently around ROSS 47 and I've packed a wake scanner.... we should try to follow them....

I know Kerrash has hinted at such a thing but where did FD confirm that crashed alien ships are in the game? I haven't seen that.

*WARNING* Crazy theory incoming.

So. We know that the UP responds to the signal from our discovery scanners, that much is certain.
But...
What if it's only responding to a portion of it? Our discovery scanners send out a pulse in all directions, only a small amount of which would be received by the UP, which it then processes and returns with interest. Has anyone ever used a discovery scanner whilst NOT facing the UP directly? For instance, with the UP at 45/90 degrees to their ship?
If the UP was then able to decrypt the signal left and right of the 'front facing' part in relation to our ship, we may be given different parts of the whole image?

Probably nonsense and disproved within seconds, but still.

You have more influence than you realize and as far as this thread goes you are the voice of Canonn whether that's the official position or not.

The irony is that the one person who legitimately can claim to be the leader of the Canonn (though he would insist he is only a figurehead) dropped into this thread today for the first time is quite a while.

Dude we can't even find the alien ship.

This is why I've never joined Canonn, didn't want people setting false expectations, especially when things like UA bombing jacques is on the agenda ;)

PS @ LZ, can't rep your posts at the moment, so have a truckie scone

@ Riz, Good man :) At least the low-hanging fruit is being picked. And yes, totally agree the sphere could be the UA shell.

Well I consider you to be an honorary member anyway :p

To say the UPs are from Merope5C because they always point to it makes sense ( the "distress signal" hypothesis), possibly also UAs, so there is something on 5C that is producing them. It cant be the barneys because UAs/UP have not been found elsewhere (e.g. 2 other nebulae, & UP point to 5C not any of the other Pleiades barney planets).

So why are we suddenly rushing away from 5C to explore the UA shell? There is something in/on/under 5C!
No I'm sorry I agree with moving away from 5C, I think the image might be showing us like a legend on a map. Merope 5C is the starting point. Somehow the symbols will show us which way to go from there. I cant work out what the symbols mean, too many possibilities for one person. All I can tell is the sphere looks like a surface map with the grids, and the bottom right corner of the sphere on the image could be the axis (I think it is called) also what it shows when you look at surface map, the line that goes straight through the planet image.

So I narrow it down, that could be just step 1 haha. Like I said just a my opinion that I was thinking about, and when I saw the image rizal posted I agreed with almost everything it depicted :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom