UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
and now it has been done

Yeah but has anybody honked a UA with a UP while with FA off, landing gear down while slowly spinning in synchronization with Blue Danube playing (if not Blue Danube maybe something else). Gotta try'em all.

[video=youtube;muPNlnm_i44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muPNlnm_i44[/video]

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint, but they are the same settings :)

(Not quite, this is using Linear reading, the other image requires a logarithmic reading.)

Does the linear setting clear up the low frequency? I agree that using these settings on the UP audio is worth doing. My Audacity skil!s suck, yours don't?

Time to add my tinfoil.

FD only launches features if there is the content to support it.
Fighter gameplay is CQC, but fighter gameplay out of CQC has no real reason to exist, other than just speeding up your bounty hunting and combat zoning. In other words, FD would not release the fighters in 2.2 if they didn't add the gameplay to make it actually purposeful. So here is what i thought of:

Barnacles are openings into the planet. In some sort of event in the future we will have the barnacles open their 'mouths'. Only a fighter is small enough to fit through it. You are now playing Elite: Descent, exploring an alien underground base.

Wouldn't it be ridiculous if the UAs had scanned our ships, awakening the mechanism to summon the barnacles which in turn called the UPs to act as the mapbearer/guide and doorbell/liftcall/key to unlock whatever exists at the given location.

If the Ux artefacts were from an advanced race plotting invasion of the Galaxy, wouldn't their messages be encrypted or of a frequency we wouldn't have access to?

I think "they" want us to bring the barnacle fruit to "there", wherever that may be. Maybe the map is indicating to take meta alloys to the Formidine Rift.

All speculation, at this point.

THargoids messing with our heads - if we find them i am going to post them a cover of Pink Floyds dark side of the moon.... and imply it is a system of coordinates to solve. (Insert Manaical Laughter Here) ..|

Time to add my tinfoil.

FD only launches features if there is the content to support it.
Fighter gameplay is CQC, but fighter gameplay out of CQC has no real reason to exist, other than just speeding up your bounty hunting and combat zoning. In other words, FD would not release the fighters in 2.2 if they didn't add the gameplay to make it actually purposeful. So here is what i thought of:

Barnacles are openings into the planet. In some sort of event in the future we will have the barnacles open their 'mouths'. Only a fighter is small enough to fit through it. You are now playing Elite: Descent, exploring an alien underground base.

works for me- I hope fighters get to do more than just explode while defending type 7s

Back to basics.
-
Remember the UA
-
CMCRKO DRKNMY KNLDMK
LDMAOD ODMKQN MKMYQN
MYQNXR QNXRXM
-
backtobasicsrlypo.jpg

-
The beeps were interpreted as morse Code and transformed into those letters. The value of the letters (A value 1, z value 26) than were interpretated as coordinates in a 2D Frame
that generates those strange ship Pictures. (as side note note that the Point-tripple CMCRKO is drawn as a closed triangle [C,M] - [C,R] - [K,Q] - [C,M] in the image)
cool tool here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99992395/ua_draw3.html found in OP
-
Now look at this:
-
satrycuscoordlfxpk.jpg

-
More specific at the Corner.
Those I . . and .I. ..I
could be seen as a hint for coordinate frame in a 3 Dimension and it might also be the hint how to Interpret or Group data found from another source the UA.
Why?
It is just a thought that occured to me. I original didn't know about that UA-morse Code Thing..I was away of ED for a half year or longer and missed that. But once I read it up I came to the conclusion that all our high Level Logical interpretations (grid, 3d vectors unversal math, etc) is most likely just a dream of a cool highly intelligent done extraterestrial msg System and we have to go down to a much simpler Level.. maybe as simple as that fore sample the drawn globe section is just a visualisation to indicate that we should draw/interprete the data we collected from the UA in 3D and not 2D.
-
So what I am saying is that the Probe Image is most likely just the instruction or key of how to read the UA data in another way (3d) and the UA is indeed the more interesting of those 2 artefacts. There are various hints dropped very lately from Michael (see the OP) that all indicates very strongly to this Theorie. It's worth to check them out in the OP with this in mind.
-
A very interesting one fro me is the
"a key"
in the ED letter.
-
Why did they choose a green Color when in the spectral Analysis we have everything else (red, blue, white) than a green Color?
Now if you go to the UA Analysis..I have only seen 1 or 2 but those were done in green Color..
-
I have to say that it is hard to think that the original Interpretation of the UA morse Code as 2D Image could be wrong or incomplete when you draw them after all it produces somewhat faulty/distorted but nice and valid ship Pictures and I really haven't found a way in my very quick attempt to get any usefull 3d drawing out of the data.
But yet I think this is something to try. The UP might have been placed to correct the incomplete UA data Interpretation.
-
Speculation: When the UA is placed on the right spots (no clue where) it could produce different data which then makes more sense and maybe even can be drawn in the UP Picture (it's still a ridden what the right side of that globe Image should Show but it seems to be a strong part of that Image)
-

So in the second cap ship sound that was posted I can see more of the word "ELITE" over the ship wire frame than in the first. I'm wondering why that is. Could be important if something is getting cut off of the top of the UP image in our audio.

@LZ
You can't play the game anymore, anything you do I will automatically think is the will of the Canonn. You must never ever do anything or state any opinions... Ever. Forever. Just give me all your ships while you are at it.

@Others
Honestly, let the man play the game. He is a person, not a god (though he may be a Lord...). It isn't his fault others put too much weight into what he does or doesn't say.... I mean, we already do that with MB and Kerresh, can't we let LZ have a break and just be one of the guys?

Rationally LZ doesn't get anything extra, he knows as much or as little as we do. He doesn't have an inside line to FD and he has officially resigned his role of councilor awhile ago. He makes no demands on us, in all seriousness it is unreasonable to make this demand of him. He wants to be a player, so let him be a player. No need to make him second guess everything.

My two cents, it won't matter as LZ is a nice guy and will cater to the request but its illogical at best. Maybe I think he deserves a break :D

Putting on my tinfoiled hat for a moment, has anyone considered the image from the probe to be that of the UA shell, with Merope being the central point? Perhaps the aliens are trying to warn us about the Barnacles. Maybe they are not as harmless as they seem to be or that the UP's creators don't want us messing with their property.

It it seems to me the UAs are a sensor net anchored around Merope, scanning all ships that come into range of them. The UPs seem act more like a deterrent than a invitation with that EMP. I think their purpose is that of a message beacon, a warning of some kind.

I'd almost bet that when free-floating UP are found they'll be somewhere between the UA shell and the main part of human space. Maybe in some of the outer colonies toward Merope.

Last edited:
@LZ
You can't play the game anymore, anything you do I will automatically think is the will of the Canonn. You must never ever do anything or state any opinions... Ever. Forever. Just give me all your ships while you are at it.

@Others
Honestly, let the man play the game. He is a person, not a god (though he may be a Lord...). It isn't his fault others put too much weight into what he does or doesn't say.... I mean, we already do that with MB and Kerresh, can't we let LZ have a break and just be one of the guys?

Rationally LZ doesn't get anything extra, he knows as much or as little as we do. He doesn't have an inside line to FD and he has officially resigned his role of councilor awhile ago. He makes no demands on us, in all seriousness it is unreasonable to make this demand of him. He wants to be a player, so let him be a player. No need to make him second guess everything.

My two cents, it won't matter as LZ is a nice guy and will cater to the request but its illogical at best. Maybe I think he deserves a break :D

Thanks B - must wing up again soon and kick some proverbial.... When I can get in the hotseat!

Michael Brookes, this I want to say about it,

1. the puzzles are great i enjoy them
2. but what is not great is that 80% of the player base not can solve the puzzles so it look a bit like glory for few,
3. And all the tools need to be available in game to be able to solve puzzle, so our ship should have a morse decoder and spectrum analyzer in game. instead of using immersion breaking tools from 2016 in the year of 3302.
4. maybe in the near future 3303, you will give the community scientific explorer ships to do all this kind of experiment so that a bigger player base can enjoy this instead of a happy few.

Last edited:
Why all people assume that you need to go to planet? This is spaceship game, and UA like Thargoid encounters exists in this game before landing where possible.
Look in the stars, take to specific location above planet orbit, maybe the sun even - as most of the systems have some sort of sun.
Sun is energy.
take a peak at the asteroid feilds...no one takes much notice of them

Last edited:
one of the audio was on the FULL RANGE and the other on the NIGHT TIME

so just catching up - some digital watermarks have been found in capship engine sounds?

That's pretty neat.

And presumably, yes, to prevent them being used elsewhere? Or just for a bit of fun of course.

Cheeky.

Michael Brookes, this I want to say about it,

2. but what is not great is that 80% of the player base not can solve the puzzles so it look a bit like glory for few,
3. And all the tools need to be available in game to be able to solve puzzle, so our ship should have a morse decoder and spectrum analyzer in game. instead of using immersion breaking tools from 2016 in the year of 3302.
4. maybe in the near future 3303, you will give the community scientific explorer ships to do all this kind of experiment so that a bigger player base can enjoy this instead of a happy few.

Rudolphus, this is what I say to you:
2. more than 20% of the player base is smart enough to solve puzzles, I hope you think as I do.
3. Use your imagination as the first tool, trust in others to get what you can't get.
4. we are already enjoying these puzzles now, thanks.

Does anyone have a ua and barnacle spectogram? Would just like to see if they perhaps overlay onto each other somehow

Last edited:
Rudolphus, this is what I say to you:
2. more than 20% of the player base is smart enough to solve puzzles, I hope you think as I do.

1. Puzzles are overly complicated and vague. It takes way too long to solve.
2. We still haven't solved this puzzle so I don't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom