Guide / Tutorial Beginners Ultimate Farming Guide - Elite:Dangerous - How to make MILLIONS - Guide for Beginners

REMEMBER YOU NEED ALL 3 TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW TO MAKE MILLIONS!

Beginners Ultimate Farming Guide - Elite: Dangerous - How to make MILLIONS - Guide for Beginners - P1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbgTG78HRw&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bbYN8-u0peq&index=1

[video=youtube;vmbgTG78HRw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbgTG78HRw&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bb YN8-u0peq&index=1[/video]

Beginners Ultimate Farming Guide - Elite: Dangerous - Outfitting Your Ship - Guide for Beginners - P2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vg6kE5F7qk&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bbYN8-u0peq&index=2

[video=youtube;6Vg6kE5F7qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vg6kE5F7qk&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bb YN8-u0peq&index=2[/video]

Ultimate Farming Guide - Elite Dangerous - Trading Guide for Beginners - How to Buy Anaconda - Part3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uFOevmUzc&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bbYN8-u0peq&index=3

[video=youtube;z_uFOevmUzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uFOevmUzc&list=PLeusrXH_hwpjVmk48IxsQ1bb YN8-u0peq&index=3[/video]

Thanks for the guide. Quite fun to go for the "wanted" as in video #1. Problem is I seldom get the bounty.
i have tagged the ship and even tried to get the last shot, but very rarely I get the bonus.

I watched all 3 videos, as I was at a complete loss for finding ways to make credits just starting out this week. With only a 4 cargo limit and starter equipment, I was mainly limited to trading between stations while doing missions available to me. Issue with that is I might earn a max of 5-10k credits per mission (typically 2kish) and then a couple hundred creds from whatever I was able to trade between stations with my limited cargo capacity.

So I got myself an Adder and refitted my ship for combat, dropping all my mining equipment since mining turned out to be tediously slow, and the profits were garbage with the limited cargo capacity and refinery bins. The Collector drones helped but as they have a low lifespan and take cargo space, that was a bust too. Since it was the best all-around ship past the Sidewinder/Hauler/Eagle I could afford. I fitted it with 2 Pulse Lasers, and a Medium Gattling Gun. Got Point-Defense and Shield Boosts, along with upgrading my Shields, Power plant, drives, boosters, and anything else I could improve on, to make my ship as strong as I could, given my limited budget. Since you get back what you spend on modules, I figured it would be a good idea to do so while I grinded combat in these RES zones until I could save up the 2-3mil to begin trading more efficiently.

So after fitting my ship, I tried to use the method listed in the video, I even went to the same system/planet, found a High Intensity RES area, went in Solo mode, it was empty, for about 5-10 minutes. I thought I was doing something wrong but finally some ships started spawning in. After another 5 minutes some WANTED ships finally started showing up. I began tagging whatever I could.. most of the time it was just 1 ship, the most I've got tagged at once was 3 ships.

The issue I am having is sometimes I will have multiple ships tagged red, and even if the police blow them up, I am lucky to get credit for it. It seems like most of the time, unless I do 25%+ dmg to the ship, I won't get credit. Just tagging and waiting usually means I waste 10min while the police takes forever to kill them... but since I don't want to just sit there, and there is rarely more then a few ships, I will just fight whatever I can, and usually I'll get credit for whatever I am actively going after.

The thing that has me feeling like I am doing something wrong, is in the video, every few seconds you are getting credit for like 12k, 20k, and even a few 50-100k+ kills.. where I am getting no where near that. I'll shoot a sidewinder a few times, see an Adder thinking he'll be worth more. The police will kill the sidewinder and I will get 8k credits, while I'll go nuts on the Adder, and only get 800 credits for killing him.. I feel like I am spending more credits in Chaingun ammo then I get for killing these bounties. In fact, the reason I posted this is cause just a few minutes ago I found a Wanted Type-9 Heavy, killed it, and only got 400 credits... yes, four-hundred. What am I doing wrong here?

After about 2 hours of grinding I have only got about 100k worth of bounties. Yet while mission grinding I was able to get roughly about the same in that time-span, and even mining got me about 100k~ in just over an hour, despite how annoyingly tedious it was.

Am I doing something wrong? Or has things changed and there is a better alternative, or is there not one, and the devs wanted to slow things down?

Thanks for any help,
-Newb-in-Training, CMDR Stormshift

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything you were doing wrong, I have had your exact same experience as well. Same timeline and everything. My guess is that an update changed things a bit, which makes these videos still relevant but less effective for sure. I sometimes go 30-45 minutes or more without a single bounty claim, or even a "Wanted" encounter. Either we're both doing it wrong, or there was an adjustment made in a patch recently.

I don't think you are doing something wrong, but sometimes it's just the bad luck. If you find yourself in a RES and there are no wanted ships there, it is better to change location and try somewhere else. It is a waste of time to wait for the wanted ships to be spawned. Today i've made about 200k in about an hour. I'll do some more bounty hunting tomorrow and i'll let you know if I notice a decrease in wanted ships .

The best I have done in a RES recently was 400k/hr. But I can get around 700k/hr in a low intensity CZ on average easily. The key to the CZ is to avoid the bigger ships and "clean up" all the smaller ships as fast as possible. Then you gang the python/'conda. If you can get a wingman in there with you, you should be able to increase that money by 50%. And use pulse lasers. It's not as fast as kinetic weapons, but you will save so much time traveling for rearm and you don't have to pay for ammo.

Since 1.3 patch, RES site is no longer profitable as the guide above mention. However, you can still go to high intensity RES site, and once you're there start to look for wanted ship. If the ship you found are sidewinder, eagles, viper and cobra, log out of the game and log back in. Do that until you found federal dropship, python or clipper. Those ship will grant you at least 70,000 Cr/kill, then you should be able to farm for 1mil/hr or maybe if you get lucky like me one time 4mil/hr. I like to farm bounty at Barnard's Star

I have been trying out (video 1) in the same place and although I've not had as much luck (or pay-out), I'm still doing ok.

I think 1 big difference is that you have to get the last (killing) shot on the target. I've tried just tagging and getting a couple of hits then leaving it, but this has always resulting in me getting NO bounty.

I find a target that has a 'wanted' tag, make sure there are some police around to help out (if they haven't already joined in), then use my Lasers to bring the targets shield down. Once the 'Shields are Off-line' I then switch to my Gimballed Multi-Cannon to destroy the hull and make sure I get the final hit. That way you get the bounty. I know cannons cost ammo but I find that I can get between 100-250K in bounties before needing to head back to base for re-arming. A good point to cash in without risking losing to much.

I've been farming a lot at RES sights and cz. You don't need the killing blow (any more) but you do need to of hit them max 15seconds or so before they die. By this I mean that your last shot on them before they die wont count if they live longer then 15 seconds after you've shot them. Does that make sense?

So you can't hit them once fly off and they get blown up a few mins later. I assume this has been done to stop you shooting everything in a cz and just sitting back watching the bank roll in.

Last edited:
I watched all 3 videos, as I was at a complete loss for finding ways to make credits just starting out this week. With only a 4 cargo limit and starter equipment, I was mainly limited to trading between stations while doing missions available to me. Issue with that is I might earn a max of 5-10k credits per mission (typically 2kish) and then a couple hundred creds from whatever I was able to trade between stations with my limited cargo capacity.

So I got myself an Adder and refitted my ship for combat, dropping all my mining equipment since mining turned out to be tediously slow, and the profits were garbage with the limited cargo capacity and refinery bins. The Collector drones helped but as they have a low lifespan and take cargo space, that was a bust too. Since it was the best all-around ship past the Sidewinder/Hauler/Eagle I could afford. I fitted it with 2 Pulse Lasers, and a Medium Gattling Gun. Got Point-Defense and Shield Boosts, along with upgrading my Shields, Power plant, drives, boosters, and anything else I could improve on, to make my ship as strong as I could, given my limited budget. Since you get back what you spend on modules, I figured it would be a good idea to do so while I grinded combat in these RES zones until I could save up the 2-3mil to begin trading more efficiently.

So after fitting my ship, I tried to use the method listed in the video, I even went to the same system/planet, found a High Intensity RES area, went in Solo mode, it was empty, for about 5-10 minutes. I thought I was doing something wrong but finally some ships started spawning in. After another 5 minutes some WANTED ships finally started showing up. I began tagging whatever I could.. most of the time it was just 1 ship, the most I've got tagged at once was 3 ships.

The issue I am having is sometimes I will have multiple ships tagged red, and even if the police blow them up, I am lucky to get credit for it. It seems like most of the time, unless I do 25%+ dmg to the ship, I won't get credit. Just tagging and waiting usually means I waste 10min while the police takes forever to kill them... but since I don't want to just sit there, and there is rarely more then a few ships, I will just fight whatever I can, and usually I'll get credit for whatever I am actively going after.

The thing that has me feeling like I am doing something wrong, is in the video, every few seconds you are getting credit for like 12k, 20k, and even a few 50-100k+ kills.. where I am getting no where near that. I'll shoot a sidewinder a few times, see an Adder thinking he'll be worth more. The police will kill the sidewinder and I will get 8k credits, while I'll go nuts on the Adder, and only get 800 credits for killing him.. I feel like I am spending more credits in Chaingun ammo then I get for killing these bounties. In fact, the reason I posted this is cause just a few minutes ago I found a Wanted Type-9 Heavy, killed it, and only got 400 credits... yes, four-hundred. What am I doing wrong here?

After about 2 hours of grinding I have only got about 100k worth of bounties. Yet while mission grinding I was able to get roughly about the same in that time-span, and even mining got me about 100k~ in just over an hour, despite how annoyingly tedious it was.

Am I doing something wrong? Or has things changed and there is a better alternative, or is there not one, and the devs wanted to slow things down?

Thanks for any help,
-Newb-in-Training, CMDR Stormshift

Hi,

I'mm a couple days late to this thread but I'll help you out. In my experience (and I've never experienced anything to make me think otherwise) if you shoot a wanted ship, you will only get the bounty if it dies before its shields regenerate. If you tag a ship and its shields regenerate before the security forces kill it, you won't get the bounty.

Think of it like this: when a ship's shields regenerate it "resets" any previous bounty rights. Next time you're in a RES, or a CZ, try making sure you shoot the wanted ship in between any shield regeneration and their death.

I assume this mechanic exists because a ship's shields will regenerate between combat scenarios (say for instance a ship is in combat and you tag it, but it flees and runs away. Shields regenerate and 30 minutes later the ship enters combat again. you're not there, even though you've technically dealt damage to the ship). It's just to stop you getting the bounty from a ship that's killed by someone else 30 minutes after fleeing you. I guess.

Hope I helped.

Harry

I havent played in few months because of work and school...let me get back to you, ill check out if it works...but people on youtube comments still say it works

Since 1.3 patch, RES site is no longer profitable as the guide above mention. However, you can still go to high intensity RES site, and once you're there start to look for wanted ship. If the ship you found are sidewinder, eagles, viper and cobra, log out of the game and log back in. Do that until you found federal dropship, python or clipper. Those ship will grant you at least 70,000 Cr/kill, then you should be able to farm for 1mil/hr or maybe if you get lucky like me one time 4mil/hr. I like to farm bounty at Barnard's Star

Why Barnard's Star? Is there a benefit to some RES sites over others in the universe?

The system you go to in the first video....Why do you not describe HOW TO GET THERE? I have NO CLU how to get there, rendering the whole video pointless to watch.

I'm at my wits end here. I'm out $70, I've watched video after video and I still don't understand why this game dumps you off and doesn't lead you anywhere just..well, see ya!

I'm pretty close to tapping out and walking away. I can pilot ok, leave docks, get to other systems ( sort of, still don't understand half of what the galxy map is telling me or why it won't let me plot a route half the time), but to what end?? My first bounty at a nav beacon he shred my shields in seconds. everything is too far away, I'm not elligible for like...any missions.

Am I just freeking ??

yeah, the game has a fairly steep learning curve. don't give up though, it rewards you by eating up insane amounts of free time. if you want to search for a system, go to your galaxy map (in the menu on the left side of your ship), click the second tab at the top of info panel (the one that looks like three circles linked together by lines), and there should be an empty text box. type in the name of the system and hit enter and it should bring you to said system, and you can plot a route. keep in mind that in the stock ship, you'll have to either scoop fuel or stop at stations on the way because if you run out of fuel you're pretty much boned.

The system you go to in the first video....Why do you not describe HOW TO GET THERE? I have NO CLU how to get there, rendering the whole video pointless to watch.

I'm at my wits end here. I'm out $70, I've watched video after video and I still don't understand why this game dumps you off and doesn't lead you anywhere just..well, see ya!

I'm pretty close to tapping out and walking away. I can pilot ok, leave docks, get to other systems ( sort of, still don't understand half of what the galxy map is telling me or why it won't let me plot a route half the time), but to what end?? My first bounty at a nav beacon he shred my shields in seconds. everything is too far away, I'm not elligible for like...any missions.

Am I just freeking ??

Hope I'm not late with this reply.

Alright friend, this game is all about patience, I understand that there are a lot of things throwing you off. First things first. Empty your cup.

Second thing, dock in a station and open the galaxy map using the hotkey or the panel on the left. You'll need to find locations that are RES. Link HERE [\URL]

Find these location in the map using the panel on the left, click on plot route and off you go.

Hope it helped.

To anyone having trouble with getting bounties:

1- You need the target to turn red. As soon as thats done, if you meet the reste of the prereqs, you're good to go.
2- You need to stay within 2-3 km of the wanted ship up until they explode. What I mean is, if you retreat to like 5km and the ship explodes then, you wont get the bounty. If you need to retreat, get back at <2-3km and shoot it again.
3- SCAN BEFORE SHOOTING. You have to SEE the red "wanted" in the ship's description and then shoot it. If you shoot it before, YOU will get wanted/a fine.
4- Use a Kill warrant scanner. It will let you get the bounties that this ship got in other systems and allow you to cash in even more at the station.
5- I have no experience with public games but I heard that the bounties are awarded to the last human (CMDR) to shoot the bounty in the 10 seconds prior to destruction.
6- If you are in a wing, I believe the bounties are spread 50/50

Correct if need be, but that's what I have experienced so far.

Top Bottom