UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It only points there, for now. Two heads, two pointing behaviours. Feel free to slap me when it's proven I'm wrong.

Take a pencil, point the graphite end at your monitor. The eraser end will point away from your monitor. Get up and walk around the room, while keeping the graphite end fix on your monitor at all times. You will notice the eraser end will point in an infinite number of directions while the graphite end remains fixed on your monitor. This is called pointing. The end that does not maintain a fixed vector is irrelevant. You can choose to watch the graphite end, or the eraser. The graphite end gives you 1 answer. The eraser end gives you nearly infinite answers. Which one do you think we should focus on?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

And as for slapping you in the face once it's proven, you're several months behind. We have proven the UA points to Merope. You can slap me in the face when it's proven that the ua doesn't point to merope.

It was meant in the jokeful tone of my smiley. Hope you took it as that.
I do like your theory, even though most of it pretty much goes "whoosh" on me. The part about the cloaked ships, firmware upgrades, in combination with 90-95% confidence was a bit much though.
Friendly ribbing...nothing more.

And yes, if you are right that the three lines match the way you describe, then again, it is a very interesting theory. To be honest, it seems incredibly advanced for an in-game puzzle though, but maybe I just think that because it goes "whoosh." See, there it did it again ;)

Yep, its all good. No worries, mate. ;)

I think it makes a good progression from UA puzzles. This one is more advanced, as a puzzle the same as the last one would not be so interesting, so we have to think of new and interesting things.

Cheers
Rixaeton [wacko] (provisional)

A lesson in spacial awareness when dealing with a 2d or 3d plane

When dropped in System 1 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System A
When dropped in System 2 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System B
When dropped in System 3 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System C
When dropped in System 4 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System D
When dropped in System 5 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System E
When dropped in System 6 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System F
When dropped in System 7 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System G

The common system is Merope. Logically, that is the information that the "pointing" mechanic gives us.
Continue this for all 400 billion systems in the galaxy and you will have the UA head pointing to 1 common system... Merope. The UA points to Merope.
Drop the UA ten times, and out of those 10 times, tell me how many times the head points to Merope.

e4P5pGF.png

Last edited:
When dropped in System 1 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System A
When dropped in System 2 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System B
When dropped in System 3 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System C
When dropped in System 4 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System D
When dropped in System 5 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System E
When dropped in System 6 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System F
When dropped in System 7 the head of the UA points to Merope while the tail of the UA points to System G

The common system is Merope. Logically, that is the information that the "pointing" mechanic gives us.
Continue this for all 400 billion systems in the galaxy and you will have the UA head pointing to 1 common system... Merope. The UA points to Merope.
Drop the UA ten times, and out of those 10 times, tell me how many times the head points to Merope.

http://i.imgur.com/e4P5pGF.png

this is a testable theory for people not sure about the pointing:
drop the UA on every system in the galaxy, if in one of these systems it doesn't point to Merope you come here and you will have eternal glory for your idea.

better be hurry though..

Last edited:
Considering the amount of people scouring the crap out of 5c, either what we're looking for isn't there or it's not in the game yet.

Unless Barnacles are just the endgame, and if that's the case, then congrats everyone, we won many months ago. :D

in EDucating Ed they honked at earth's orbit.

not only that... they did a gang honk, they honked simultaneally (if i remember well).

NOTHING HAPPENED.

..and, after that, ED killed an UP for science. (sick part that one, i was trying to forget it).

I wouldn't say that NOTHING happened...

MB commented "you took a probe to Sol?!"

So they just point to the centre of the planet ,was hoping they would point towards a crater or valley or something ,like iron filings with a magnet do. .......oh well:rolleyes:

Arguendo, I usually agree with what you say, but bear with me this time:
Let's assume for a moment that the UP is NOT giving us the message INTENTIONALLY, let's imagine a scenario where in fact it is not a "message" at all.

What I suspect is that our scanner hacked somehow the UP, that in fact replies violently, pushing away our ship, and transmitting "something" not intentionally.

What I think is that the message is not for us (I know, I know, other have already said it): I suspect the drawing is depicting instructions for the UP itself.
Its flight plan.
So, in this scenario, it could be plausible that the drawing contains navigation info for the UP like, for example, WHERE TO GO. That means the drawing could tell us where to find the free floating UPs.
This is just a way to see things differently, remembering what MB said about the wrong assumptions many of us are making.

Could I just be the scan overloads it and reboots?

Let's assume for a moment that the UP is NOT giving us the message INTENTIONALLY, let's imagine a scenario where in fact it is not a "message" at all.

What I suspect is that our scanner hacked somehow the UP, that in fact replies violently, pushing away our ship, and transmitting "something" not intentionally.

What I think is that the message is not for us (I know, I know, other have already said it): I suspect the drawing is depicting instructions for the UP itself.
Its flight plan.
So, in this scenario, it could be plausible that the drawing contains navigation info for the UP like, for example, WHERE TO GO. That means the drawing could tell us where to find the free floating UPs.
This is just a way to see things differently, remembering what MB said about the wrong assumptions many of us are making.

I like this: It is plausibly a flight plan which has a vector, and would have the magnitude or destination.... unless it is a translation of the system astronomical body codes? Now where was that list...?

There is no chance that the UA/UP artefacts are of one race, and the barnacles are of another, right? Could it be that the artefacts point to Merope 5c because another race is hunting down the barnacles?

Last edited:

Its flight plan.

Im with you. I think the "message" isn't something we are supposed to receive so much as it is something from within the probes navigational system that gets relayed to us when honked due to it getting "scrambled."

it very well could be a map to where the probes are supposed to be positioned in the galaxy. Once i sign back in I will be checking the 253 LY radius as I outlined earlier.

Im just making a wild guess here... but maybe you guys should see how far from merope the UP and the UA still points to merope. or maybe they will point somewhere else.. ;)

Also, I would like report after flying through a few hundred gravity wells from Merope to H&S Nebulae that I have found *no* anomaly USS. I was scanned by two UAs in the 135-150ly shell, though. Will keep searching through to the Rift; I understand that these two mysteries are unrelated.

Last edited:
Can anyone do me a favor and try to get a UA anomoly to spawn when in vicinity of a planet?

I spent three hours last night trying to get an anomoly to spawn in the ua shell when the nearest entity was a planet. All i got was encoded sources, convoys and degraded sources. Any time an anomoly with a ua spawned was in deep space or, historically, ivo a star.

Running with an idea that if ups only light up ivo planets, they will spawn ivo them too... though the lack of ua spawns is intriguing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom