UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Great work all. I've been following this mega thread for a couple of weeks now, and it's great community team work that's enabled answers. I'm still interested if any generation ships fit into this somehow, the fact they were sent into the void of space some over 1000 years ago is really interesting and if isolated from the rest of the human evolution what will they have become? Will they have encounted any of these Alien species? Also does the rift, the children of Raxla fit into this story or is it separate? I really hope there's more before mid October as I fear the enthusiasm may of died a little if all that remains is the grind. Stories, conspiricy and community work towards a common goal is the best parts of this game for me.

Thargoids don't exist and are just used to frighten nooby pilots who can be made to wig out telling them that there are ghosts in hyperspace. It's all nonsense. I don't know what the UA or UPs are but probably some trash from some corp somewhere hoping noone would notice illegal dumping of dangerous tech.

Now what I do want to know is where we think the talking cats and frogs are? Defo around in the GalCop days, so where are they now? Now that's something to get scientific about rather than some spooky children's ghost stories...

YOU FOOLS.

Kohl = "Smuggler", Dillon = "Gambler", Granger = "Smuggler"...WHO IS THE BOUNTY HUNTER?

Logan Kohl is known as the "Red Trader" from the clues. Later in the CG its stated he is a "Smuggler". Pretty fishy if you ask me... even with the discovery.
Mahina Dillon is stated in the CG as "Gambler". Also, female.
Otto Granger is stated in the CG as "Smuggler".

It's not clear from the clues who the "Explorer" is since no one arrived in Pic Tok.
Also the biggest thing, no one was ever labeled as the Bounty Hunter we were told about.

Something is still wrong here.

Last edited:
The official statement (sorry, no links for this from me) is that at the time, they simply didn't have the chance to show a truly alien, insectoid species so foreign to human technology and design. Now that they have, they overhauled the Thargoid design quite a bit, while paying homage to the original octagonal saucers, which was a compromise which left a lot to imagination.

The short answer is, they wanted to make Thargoids as far from humanoid as possible this time because they can but they have to be loyal to the number eight in their design in some way.

THIS.

Thanks. +REP

Thargoids don't exist and are just used to frighten nooby pilots who can be made to wig out telling them that there are ghosts in hyperspace. It's all nonsense. I don't know what the UA or UPs are but probably some trash from some corp somewhere hoping noone would notice illegal dumping of dangerous tech.

Now what I do want to know is where we think the talking cats and frogs are? Defo around in the GalCop days, so where are they now? Now that's something to get scientific about rather than some spooky children's ghost stories...

Is this sarcasm, or do you seriously don't know anything about the past iterations of Elite and its lore?

I would find it interesting if someone could photoshop that alien ship back into 1 piece and also compare its size, looks like a smaller fighter.

I would find it interesting if someone could photoshop that alien ship back into 1 piece and also compare its size, looks like a smaller fighter.

Its very big, doesn't look like it can fit in the docking slot when in one piece
maybe its 'wings' fold, hope we get to fly one someday :D
pic next to my conda
unknown.png

Last edited:
Yep and the Imp. Clipper doesn't look like the Imp. Clipper from FE2.

Well, that's because there wasn't a ship called the Imperial Clipper in FE2 ;-)

Courier & Trader

FFE added the Explorer

(Both had the Eagle MkIII, which we now call the Imperial Eagle)

So, we found a ship. Is it Thargoid? That is the question.

What do we know about Thargoid ships, if we don't look to the old games?

We know that they are octagonal. An old admiral in one of the new books described fleets of octagonal ships.

So, we have a ship that do not quite align with known Thargoid designs. Similar to the Soontill relics description.

What do Galnet say about this?

Jean Molyneaux, a historian from France, Earth, suggests we look back at our own past to determine the home of these relics. “Imagine an alien travelling back two thousand years into mankind’s past. The varied culture, arts and building materials of the Aztecs, Greeks, the Shang dynasty, what have you, the alien could think they were all different species, if that was his way of thinking…”

We also have Drew confirming two separate species or races of Thargoids.

Plenty of options here. Keep an open mind.

P.S. I'm still not conviced that the wings belongs to the Octagonalish part.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom