UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
For your perusal
ESCI296CRUSTA002.jpg

:)

Wow, keeping up with the forum just went from difficult to impossible: my "view first unread" facility seems to have disappeared.

Great findings guys! True geniuses in here.

Should we search the rest of the moon? Perhaps they started moving in their 'srv'.

The glyphs.. Those are worth investigating, I can see some recurring.

Also, did we find the scorched cobra scene yet?

I believe that scene is a cinematic piece rather than in -game footage. Besides, I think that was confirmed to be 2.2 content anyway.

see, I see six big pieces (attached to the ship), and six smaller pieces (attached to the big pieces).

yxfNO3f.jpg

-- edit: actually, scratch that, I can't even count lmao. I need a couple of days sleep.. my eyeeeees!! lmao :D

Last edited:
I agree completely. I think it makes more sense for Thargoids to be updated around the THEME of Hexagons than it does for an all new race to adopt the hexagon theme.

Don't get carried away, this is also supposition without evidence. If you're getting hung up on hexagons there's one on the ship's hud.

Went out to the crash site this morning to check it out, good work finding it btw! Excited for things to come. Was recording along the way and decided to toss some footage together for fun (Been wanting to make some Elite related content for a while now. Automotive related video production is my day-to-day job, so I figure I should do something with my free time :D)

[video=youtube;js9pIPESgpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9pIPESgpM[/video]

Even though the site has been found, I'm actually pretty anxious to see what the last 2 clues are for some odd reason. Really, really excited to dive into 2.2!

Again, amazing work everyone!

CookieJarvis was shouting it!

Well, as I said earlier...

If this isn't Thargoid, than it isn't that just because someone wanted it be NOT Thargoid.

It's just extremely silly to have an eight fold symmetrical design with a very distinct octagon on top, which is an iconic, very established design from the previous games and call is something else. Whatever they call this thing, which clearly fits the description of Thargoids (octagonal ships, insectoid race), it'll sound extremely made up and stupid.

Let's try it: This craft isn't of Thargoid origin. It's a Plogron bot-ship.

Or should they call it Space-urchin, since it kinda looks like a sea urchin when you isolate the central bulb.

The rule of thumb is, if you have a previous design scheme to pay homage to, don't use the previous design detail in an unrelated element.

If StarCraft 3 was announced today and which would be coming with a new 4th playable race, no one would expect the insectoid, slithering unit concepts to be anything other than Zerg. If you then come up and say, 'these are not Zerg, they are something else entirely. They just look like they could have been zerg but they really aren't' people are gonna laugh at you pretty loudly.

Last edited:
see, I see six big pieces (attached to the ship), and six smaller pieces (attached to the big pieces).

http://i.imgur.com/yxfNO3f.jpg

-- edit: actually, scratch that, I can't even count lmao. I need a couple of days sleep.. my eyeeeees!! lmao :D

I see dead Thargoids ...
Seriously thats a Thargoid with some fancy arms that have broken off - You young un's don't know what it was like... being ripped into Witchspace and having those all around you... (course I had an onion on my belt at the time), then they'd release all those little tharglet fighters and start swarming you, missiles were useless - often would explode as they left the bay... I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my Quirium Cascade Mine (outlawed now, weren't too common back in the day either) - even with that sometimes the big buggers would survive and you better pray you had enough fuel to jump out. I've seen things in the dark reaches before and they are coming back.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Went out to the crash site this morning to check it out, good work finding it btw! Excited for things to come. Was recording along the way and decided to toss some footage together for fun (Been wanting to make some Elite related content for a while now. Automotive related video production is my day-to-day job, so I figure I should do something with my free time :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9pIPESgpM

Even though the site has been found, I'm actually pretty anxious to see what the last 2 clues are for some odd reason. Really, really excited to dive into 2.2!

Great video - one for the first page of thread I'd say

the body definately tips hats to thargoid ships. however you arrange the "appendages" though, there are not 8 "legs". I can't arrange them so you have 8 symmetrical things. and maybe thats the point.

i just keep seeing this:
DungenessCrab.jpg

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9pIPESgpM

That was great, have some rep :)

I see dead Thargoids ...
Seriously thats a Thargoid with some fancy arms that have broken off - You young un's don't know what it was like... being ripped into Witchspace and having those all around you... (course I had an onion on my belt at the time), then they'd release all those little tharglet fighters and start swarming you, missiles were useless - often would explode as they left the bay... I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my Quirium Cascade Mine (outlawed now, weren't too common back in the day either) - even with that sometimes the big buggers would survive and you better pray you had enough fuel to jump out. I've seen things in the dark reaches before and they are coming back.

Commander, get your drunk  bottom  back in shape. This Lavian Brandy you sip every day has clearly messed with your brain. Thargoids ? Everyone knows these are scary night time stories or drunken tales from old pilots who desire some wicked form of attention. This crashed ship is clearly a 1-1 sized dummy , some kind of sick joke, at least my Imperial superior says so. I believe him totally :)

Last edited:
Watch out for the CMDRS killing visitors who are going to see the crashed alien ship, what <oops>, sorry mod, but it had to be said, I was out of ship in the SRV and the idiot just wiped out my ship then my srv, I was in my other account CMDR straeker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commander, get your drunk  bottom  back in shape. This Lavian Brandy you sip every day has clearly messed with your brain. Thargoids ? Everyone knows these are scary night time stories or drunken tales from old pilots who desire some wicked form of attention. This crashed ship is clearly a 1-1 sized dummy , some kind of sick joke, at least my Imperial superior says so. I believe him totally :)

It will be interesting to see who gets a carrier in orbit first...

anyone doing sciency stuff (or exploration) should do it on Mobius imo. Only jump in Open if a) you have to or b) for pew-pew. The crash site was full in Mobius earlier and we had a fab time. The only wipe-outs were from bad driving (mostly mine) :D

--add: I applied to go into Canonn group, but they forgot about me hehe *nudge*

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom