UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nah, i won't partake in infecting some station and turning all of its inhabitants into Necromorphs ^^

P.S Could you show me where to shoot ? I'm at the back

dviHczo.png
[/IMG]

Im on xbox but the big leg in frony of the main bit sticking up out the ground there is a smooth bit on the other side shoot there it does it more

Just to confirm my previous finding, with no parasite, this thing is part of the planet as far as my sweep scanner is concerned...

AjZzJfm.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so if you watch a vid of a closeup of an unknown probe (the one showing the first emp should do), when he gets close there's a sort of shimmering effect on the probe (like a distorted overlay of the probe so to speak), well, that's what it did mate. Best thing I can find really :-/

So I kind of screwed up a test by taking a clip too late, but it may be worth looking into.

I released an Unknown Artifact and an Unknown Probe at the crash site. Nothing appeared to happen with the UA, but the UP was a little different. As soon as I released it, I started charging my ADS, when it was halfway charged, I started getting the distortion effects. Normally, that hasn't happened until a second or two after the honk. Unfortunately, I waited too long to take the clip (Xbox), and all you'll see is that I'm distorted pretty early.

You can still hear the tail-end of the honk in this clip:
http://xboxclips.com/Boltfan/a6dda0aa-30e9-4ea4-9e7f-fbc0002dca5a

Here is a normal-time clip for comparison:
http://xboxclips.com/Boltfan/e67d7867-09f1-4c60-9185-c5f5f5b687e5

Sorry, but that was my last probe, so it's the closest I can come to showing that the probe triggered before I scanned it. I don't know if it's an established phenomena for probes to trigger automatically when they hit planets, but that's another explanation I can think of. Also, if you hear a crick at the end of the first clip, it's just the UA that's also on the ground. I find it odd I lost HUD, but got no audio message, though I haven't done enough personal testing to know if that's just the effect of being too far away.

Should we encourage a minor faction outside of the major powers ( ant hill mob perhaps) to build an outpost at this crash site (perhaps a tourism site) to encourage research and development

Oh my.. Have you seen the chatter in these missions???

lets prove these tin-foil-hat-wearing cranks wrong. This is real science, not their mumbo jumbo.

MUAHAAAAAA, I want to coin the mumbo-jumbo thing as a science term for the canonn jargon!!

Eat your heart out Palin, this is real science

If these readings are correct we could be onto something here.

All signals are within expected parameters. Continue Analysis

Green Livery on the Search and Rescue Patrol ships, Python and Sidewinders

Green livery on Asp explorer ST-29MC

From the Video Green livery on the Diamondback Scout SC-3ABW

Alliance?

As RNG NPCs never have livery in less they belong to a specific thing
Pirates
Each System Authority
Rescue One-> Rescue Nice

This is a distinct new Sets - Search and Rescue Patrol in Green, Diamondback Scout SC-3ABW and Asp explorer ST-29MC

Asp Explorer ST-29MC

Diamondback Scout SC-3ABW

Military designations?

Remember the Mysterious Diamondbacks with the designation S6: 7?

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/56ab79989657ba031aaab151

Now would be the time for the Cannon to extract the ship to the lab to be tested before the Feds and Emps find out and try to take it for unsavoury reason.
This is why the ship manufacturers should be contacted for better explorer ships and better hauling ships. Cause I dont think a T9 is going to haul that crashed ship. I guess now would be a good time for a Panther Clipper if the crashed ship would fit in that.

Last edited:
Now would be the time for the Cannon to extract the ship to the lab to be tested before the Feds and Emps find out and try to take it for unsavoury reason.
This is why the ship manufacturers should be contacted for better explorer ships and better hauling ships. Cause I dont think a T9 is going to haul that crashed ship.

where was the cannon station again, and is the call for more unknown probes still live ?

ok, we need to investigate the new science team mission type. It mentions Palin as seen in the chatter

tbZNuin.jpg

ninjaed by vasious

Last edited:

It's the same Alien Ship for sure, but different Shipwrecks.
Maybe concept art, or some other Alien Shipwrecks somewhere else.

Assuming the Ship we found being there since the beginning of 2.1, it's reasonable to think that there are others inside the UA Shell, but we missed to find at least one.
That's why FD decided to "guide" us with the hunt.

If this wreckage is of Thargoid origin perhaps it's from the previous conflict with them. It may have crashed after succumbing to the Mycoid virus.

It would explain the lack of any bodies around the crash site, perhaps someone has already picked the site clean.

Last edited:
so.. the hunt is over now, forum is quiet at normal pace again.. Thanks!

Side note: what is a hunt without a prey? it should have been called 'the relocation'. We spent more time moving stuff than actual hunting, and to be honest, it doesn't worth 6M tons of narcos, it is dead. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom