Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: BURNOUT! (13th-15th Sept.)

This is an important moment in racing history, so the race organizer is not going to DQ entries for failing to submit exact fuel evidence, and instead apply judge's penalty of an effectively full tank. Besides Alec, you got it backwards. ;) Pilots are supposed to burn as much fuel as possible, not as little. CMDR <-lightspeed-> did the same.

XVJlOU6.png

As noted, the race is being extended through the 19th. :)

This is an important moment in racing history, so the race organizer is not going to DQ entries for failing to submit exact fuel evidence, and instead apply judge's penalty of an effectively full tank. Besides Alec, you got it backwards. ;) Pilots are supposed to burn as much fuel as possible, not as little. CMDR <-lightspeed-> did the same.

Thanks! o7

Actually I knew I was supposed to burn lots of fuel which is why, at the start of the video (even in my drunken state I might add) I attempted to select a system just inside my max jump range. Which brings me to a question. Why wouldn't it let me jump there? If I've got a 31ly jump range for example, can I not jump somewhere that's 30ly away? (even tho the route plotter might suggest taking 2 jumps to get there?).

P.S. you're dead right tho', I completely forgot about all the fuel evidence screenshots (all I sent you were 2 shots of the fast ring clock, 9m45s apart ... pretty shoddy really, I apologise) :D

Last edited:
Thanks! o7

Actually I knew I was supposed to burn lots of fuel which is why, at the start of the video (even in my drunken state I might add) I attempted to select a system just inside my max jump range. Which brings me to a question. Why wouldn't it let me jump there? If I've got a 31ly jump range for example, can I not jump somewhere that's 30ly away? (even tho the route plotter might suggest taking 2 jumps to get there?).

P.S. you're dead right tho', I completely forgot about all the fuel evidence screenshots (all I sent you were 2 shots of the fast ring clock, 9m45s apart ... pretty shoddy really, I apologise) :D
I think you forgot to account for the weight of recently added shields.
7xhm64j.png

That...was...beautiful. Great for a long long laugh during lunch today. :D

Aah bum, would have liked to have a go at this, any idea when the next event is?
Hops, Skip, and a Jump, a smuggling and SRV race, 23rd Sept- 7th Oct. Topic will be posted in this same Community Events forum. But this was extended and you still have a few days! :D

Buckypub crawl! :D
Yes please!

http://i.imgur.com/XVJlOU6.png

As noted, the race is being extended through the 19th. :)

CURSES!!! Alec ruined my plan of getting last in every class. :( Also my Top Fuel run seems to be missing.

Will be out for a couple days. The little one decided to show up a couple weeks early.
Many congratulations!
Good news on the extension to the race, as well, since I'm finally back in the bubble.
Bad news is that it often takes my desktop PC about three minutes just to open the Galaxy Map. Maybe I should risk my laptop... there should be time to get a run in before the GPU gets too hot...

Many congratulations!
Good news on the extension to the race, as well, since I'm finally back in the bubble.
Bad news is that it often takes my desktop PC about three minutes just to open the Galaxy Map. Maybe I should risk my laptop... there should be time to get a run in before the GPU gets too hot...
If you use s small enough fuel tank you don't need to navigate very far away, and could easily do it with the sidebar nav menu. In the Viper I only went about 11 LY each way I think. That way you can avoid the galmap entirely.

Had a few serious attempts this afternoon but seeing as none of them are earth shattering I've decided to leave my "(Super) Pro" time untouched
(especially as I'm actually quite proud of that one :D).

Last edited:
If you use s small enough fuel tank you don't need to navigate very far away, and could easily do it with the sidebar nav menu. In the Viper I only went about 11 LY each way I think. That way you can avoid the galmap entirely.
In that case:
intent to race
CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
ship name: Skimming Stone
ship type: Sidewinder
race class: Funny Car Challenge

If they have them in stock I might try it with an Eagle as well...

Top Bottom