CQC Good Game Thread

hello yesterday finally found people to play CQC.... i made a few kills but its different to combat in open play or solo.... its was hard because i dont used to the style (the ships mainly), but i loved the condor.... the sidey was more slow than i remenbered also the Eagle.... its just open my eyes so now i need to improve more my dogfighting skill.... and i just love it.....

hello yesterday finally found people to play CQC.... i made a few kills but its different to combat in open play or solo.... its was hard because i dont used to the style (the ships mainly), but i loved the condor.... the sidey was more slow than i remenbered also the Eagle.... its just open my eyes so now i need to improve more my dogfighting skill.... and i just love it.....

:) Look forward to seeing you there :)

Question: Is the handling (pitch, roll, yaw, strafing, acceleration, etc.) for the CQC fighters the same or close to the fighters in 2.2 Guardians?
The inability to practice with the CQC fighters before joining actual matches, was my number one reason for not playing it.

(In all flight games, space or atmo — I always spend a few hours in freeflight getting to know my air/space craft before doing PvP)

Question: Is the handling (pitch, roll, yaw, strafing, acceleration, etc.) for the CQC fighters the same or close to the fighters in 2.2 Guardians?
The inability to practice with the CQC fighters before joining actual matches, was my number one reason for not playing it.

(In all flight games, space or atmo — I always spend a few hours in freeflight getting to know my air/space craft before doing PvP)

I'm not in the beta, but from what I've seen / heard so far... it isn't terribly close.

I have tried both and they feel very similar but fighting in the Arena can be pretty intense. The scenery plays a big part.

Last edited:
I have tried both and they feel very similar but fighting in the Arena can be pretty intense. The scenery plays a big part.

Thanks for the responses - Scenery doesn't bother me. In other flight combat PvP games I'm one of those pilots who loves close flying extremely close close to the ground/asteroids/terrain.
Same with intensity, I'm used to the air combat in Planetside 2 of all games. :D

I like CQC but I can't compete, my one shining moment was blowing up Alikz once (after being blown up countless times!)
It's fun and unique! But criminally underplayed, its the only multiplayer game where I can pretty much guarantee that the people in this thread are the ones I'll be going up against.
I dunno if it will even last as there can't be much impetus for further development of a game that seems to only be played regularly by about 50 people... :(

FDev should make it free-to-play.

Last edited:
I like CQC but I can't compete, my one shining moment was blowing up Alikz once (after being blown up countless times!)
It's fun and unique! But criminally underplayed, its the only multiplayer game where I can pretty much guarantee that the people in this thread are the ones I'll be going up against.
I dunno if it will even last as there can't be much impetus for further development of a game that seems to only be played regularly by about 50 people... :(

FDev should make it free-to-play.

Wouldn't fix the problem. The problem isn't getting people to try it, it's getting them to stick around.

Finally got some more Team Deathmatch in after trying for days. Seems like the weekends are the best time to jump on, unless I'm just unlucky during the week. Saw a lot of seemingly brand new players at rank 1 as well, was there a sale recently? Either way, hooray for more players. [heart]

Finally got some more Team Deathmatch in after trying for days. Seems like the weekends are the best time to jump on, unless I'm just unlucky during the week. Saw a lot of seemingly brand new players at rank 1 as well, was there a sale recently? Either way, hooray for more players. [heart]

There do seem to be more players these days although we have a bit of a dip while beta is on.

Come and join us in the discord where we moan about dying but also co-ordinate matches. https://discordapp.com/invite/014DWLGks4z4Hdg5r

So many Yellows! GG everyone, I was busy running away and try to not die all the time which is when I have most fun in CQC!

And even Hashishin was there, its been ages since I have run across you nice to meet you (well, mostly your lasers) again :)

So many Yellows! GG everyone, I was busy running away and try to not die all the time which is when I have most fun in CQC!

And even Hashishin was there, its been ages since I have run across you nice to meet you (well, mostly your lasers) again :)

Have messaged you to try and persuade you to join the discord channel. You can run away from Hashishin in there too :)

P.S. Love the logo in your signature

Last edited:
Hi All,

just want to say I had 4 great Death matches last night around 23:00 BST.

Managed to get my Kill/Death ratio up from 2/3rds to 0.77 so happy with that. Did not win any but came second in all 4, as a level 6 player those damn level 30 players take all the glory and kills. It was fun trying though! Now I have learnt that the nubie is icannon fodder, you have to ride with the punches to get the upgrades. Determined to make 1/1 kill death ratio!

It is nice escapism just before bed.

Simon

Is there no system in place for AFK CMDRs to be removed? Unfortunately had to bail on a team game as there was one that hadn't moved at all for a couple of matches. [wacky]

I recognise a few more names in here now though, thanks for not killing me too much at least. [big grin]

Couldn´t see the youtube video so watched it on twitch instead. Great games everyone and I agree with Blian, still a lot to learn! I can see how VR might well be a help and something I might have to consider:)

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom