News David Braben Live Chat Thread (5th June)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello David :) I posted a question about SuperCruise. I have one more about chat ingame. Will the interdictions be more random and contain more events, and will we ourselves the commanders be able to interdict other ships in SC? And when will we be able to chat with other commanders ingame or hail them?

Brodie = Crafting

"Has any (more) thought been put into Crafting within Elite Dangerous?
I'd love to mine the required resources and then deposit it them into a rented factory along with a blueprint and make my own missiles etc"

There is already a sort of crafting loop in Premium Beta 1 - for example coltan is mined, then taken to be refined into tantalum, then turned into high-tech goods. Down the line mining machines (as featured in Frontier) and similar elements will be introduced, but that will most likely be after the first release.

From this I take it that the amount of tantalum being produced is related to the amount of coltan being sold to the station? Or is this just being mocked at the moment?

I take it that we are allowed to congratulate David Braben and the development team on their excellent work so far. Can we say that on this thread?
Sure, I'm just trying the keep the questions separate, so the only questions in the thread are the ones that have been answered.

Michael

Well then congratulations on your excellent work so far :D

(Hey! I remember the flood of messages on Kickstarter. This will be peanuts compared to that)

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
irrstern - "Does the solution architecture of the game as a whole take into account a later upgrade of parts (e.g. the engine itself) to make use of the upcoming new hardware/software possibilities?"

Yes - we are planning for things that many don't have yet - Oculus, 3D, 4k etc etc - but yes we will also build in flexibility for the future too.

hi David , and the team.

i discovered elite about a year ago. never played the 1984's one, but more the 2nd installment. i was astonished that such game could fit into such tiny size...

not just the galaxy but also the different aspects of the game.

well, best wishes for the game ! :p

From this I take it that the amount of tantalum being produced is related to the amount of coltan being sold to the station? Or is this just being mocked at the moment?

Well, the tantalum supply and market value seems to recover better than other commodities. Maybe this is why.

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
RobFisher - "Some of the proposals on the DDF are just awesome -- and very ambitious. But doesn't that mean there is soooooo much still to do? Or have you got a lot more in the bag that we haven't seen yet? Can it really be done?"

They are indeed - and the DDF has been great!

I suspect this game will never be completely finished, but that is a good thing. The world will continually move on as we add new content.

Thanks for the answer. I am personally trying to maintain the right balance of optimism and realistic expectations. So far so good, though! I am currently working my way through the fiction, always wondering if I will be able to do *that* in the game!

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Frank - "<puff puff> Am I too late? The game is going to be peppered with tributes. If you could pay homage to only one person, who would it be?"

Well, there is already a tribute that went into Alpha 4 (and is in PB1 too), to the excellent late Colin Pillinger and his Beagle 2 spacecraft - with the station "Beagle 2 Landing".

In Frontier there were plenty of tributes too - for example to the wonderful late Richard Feynman - the planet "Feynman" as the nearest exoplanet to Earth.

What was the most interesting discussion you've had with the design team when they wanted to change something from legacy Elites?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom