Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

Is this a joke? All this discussion and that is everything, 60 slots instead of 30? How about more like, 1000? Is there any technical reason why that isn't feasible?

As already mentioned, Sandro discussed this on the Q&A and yes, there's a technical reason. It's a tad lame but basically I think it comes down to the fact that, because the UI currently presents stored modules in a long flat list, scrolling down a list of a 1000 modules would be impractical. Basically (and this applies to bookmarks and friends lists and group management and any potentially long lists of data), you need, at the very least, to implement some sort of folder structure (or better still a named/categorised/keyworded faceted search facility) if you're going to do this "properly". Since FD are too busy to do this "properly" at the moment (and hey, I understand what that's like) the quick solution is a flat list and a limit on the number of entries.

[...]
- Damage penalty for Thermal shock reduced to 20% (from 25%)
[...]
- Slight reduction to the effectiveness of Incendiary rounds for Multicannons:
- Remove the hidden 20% kinetic damage that was left over
- Reduce the fire rate penalty from -10% to -5%
[...]
Will already existing weapons get modified?

As already mentioned, Sandro discussed this on the Q&A and yes, there's a technical reason. It's a tad lame but basically I think it comes down to the fact that, because the UI currently presents stored modules in a long flat list, scrolling down a list of a 1000 modules would be impractical. Basically (and this applies to bookmarks and friends lists and group management and any potentially long lists of data), you need, at the very least, to implement some sort of folder structure (or better still a named/categorised/keyworded faceted search facility) if you're going to do this "properly". Since FD are too busy to do this "properly" at the moment (and hey, I understand what that's like) the quick solution is a flat list and a limit on the number of entries.

With Sandro saying they'd like to address this in future (no ETAs no promises ©). So there's really no need for anyone to keep on arguing about it. Now is the time to come up with suggestions for a proper UI (I know, no one will bother with that ;))

Am I the only one crashing when loading to Open/Solo or Group? I can load tutorials and they work fine, but once I try to go to open/solo or group the game crashes on loading

Hey guys,
- UI was being unlocked before hardpoint animation was complete. This should now be fixed

Of all bugs that needed to be squashed, this one didn't. The animation should be skippable, its a PITA to watch if for the 666 thousand time unable to proceed forward. Makes changing role of the ship a chore. QoL anyone?

Hey Sandro or Zac, could you please consider giving us more incentives to wing up? let's have mission rewards being SHARED between wings, along with bounties and more.

Currently the game gives you zero incentive to wing up with others.

Just a suggestion for the next big release (2.3) as I'm sure it's not possible for 2.2:
Further VR performance optimization. Playing Elite: Dangerous on a Vive is painful right now. Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion for the next big release (2.3) as I'm sure it's not possible for 2.2:
Further VR performance optimization. Playing Elite: Dangerous on a Vive is painful right now. Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've been assuming that optimisation will be the last task (as it should be) and they haven't got around to it yet. If it goes Live as-is though... VR for Elite will be useless to me :(

Hey Sandro or Zac, could you please consider giving us more incentives to wing up? let's have mission rewards being SHARED between wings, along with bounties and more.

Currently the game gives you zero incentive to wing up with others.

I agree.
My friend is 'poor' in this game. We do not wing in Res sites because I don't need the money.
The only way I can inject his cash flow is by very tedious 'Slave Drops' that he collects with limpets.

He said yesterday that he was doing missions for empire to get naval rank. Yet he has a Python (yaaaay!) that he rarely uses, due to costs.

I told him that if we traded LARGE amounts at Imp slave trade routes, he can rank, we can make $$$ and dividends apply.

He likes to do missions though. He only plays 3 or 4 hours a week... if that.

If there was some new way to share time in the game, yet fly together while leveraging all profits and ranks to him... that would truly be an addition to the level of
'quality of life'.

\\///
Oo
--
Spike553

It wouldn't even let me download even after deleting it and downloading the beta fresh, hmmm...should I just wait like an idiot or demand my money back?

- Fixed supercruise motion indicators not being displayed

That's not those vertical bars either side of the screen is it? Losing them was a great step forwards!

I have to agree. The game looks far better without them, especially as the stars suggest motion anyway. At least give us the opportunity to turn them off like the orbit lines.

I can't even upload any pics in this forum and I cannot even download the beta......I WANT MY MONEY back for the beta NOW!!!!!! This is at least for me...utterly pointless. The      isn't working!!! Give me my money back NOW!!!! When I can't even upload a pick to describe it in the supposed forum no matter what the format of the screenshot, I draw the line, MONEY BACK NOW!!!!! I Can't even download it!

...and I thought I was upset about the missing new engineer blueprints! [noob]

wow!

On behalf of all the players who care... I sorry.

Last edited:
I can't even upload any pics in this forum and I cannot even download the beta......I WANT MY MONEY back for the beta NOW!!!!!! This is at least for me...utterly pointless. The      isn't working!!! Give me my money back NOW!!!! When I can't even upload a pick to describe it in the supposed forum no matter what the format of the screenshot, I draw the line, MONEY BACK NOW!!!!! I Can't even download it!

The picture upload part of the forum is disabled.
You need to link to the picture from a site like imgur:
http://imgur.com/
You could also try the Alternative Download Method. On the client launcher click on Options and then tick "Alternative Download Method"
You have bought the beta access, haven't you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom