Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

As already mentioned, Sandro discussed this on the Q&A and yes, there's a technical reason. It's a tad lame but basically I think it comes down to the fact that, because the UI currently presents stored modules in a long flat list, scrolling down a list of a 1000 modules would be impractical. Basically (and this applies to bookmarks and friends lists and group management and any potentially long lists of data), you need, at the very least, to implement some sort of folder structure (or better still a named/categorised/keyworded faceted search facility) if you're going to do this "properly". Since FD are too busy to do this "properly" at the moment (and hey, I understand what that's like) the quick solution is a flat list and a limit on the number of entries.

While I understand the reason for this, it still is kind of a moot point when you consider that before 2.1, outfitting an optional internal slot gave you a long, long list of every single possible class and rating of every optional internal, all in one big list.

I can only imagine what fitting a class 8 internal at Jameson Memorial must have been like. :p

Still, since the module storage limit is account-wide and not per-station, I'd much prefer a far higher number, or the ability to pay credits to increase the cap as much as I like.

If long lists are an issue, simply add "pages" like exploration data has, and problem solved.

Please make all cold Y Brown Dwarf stars that do not emit visible light (so many) not emit light in the game.

Dark Systems would be cool. Stars emitting purple light when they're colder than room temp both doesn't make any sense and needlessly eliminates an aspect of canon.

Also, stop them from overheating ships.

To be honest, I've been expecting a few polls about whether mysterious things are too mysterious/aren't mysterious enough, whether people think they're overpowered or perhaps of course an open letter or two with advice to FD about what mysterious things need to be to prevent Elite's doom.

Apparently, whether they are mysterious or secret, they aren't very interesting :)

It wouldn't even let me download even after deleting it and downloading the beta fresh, hmmm...should I just wait like an idiot or demand my money back?

Talk to the support people, they are usually very helpful.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I can't even upload any pics in this forum and I cannot even download the beta......I WANT MY MONEY back for the beta NOW!!!!!! This is at least for me...utterly pointless. The      isn't working!!! Give me my money back NOW!!!! When I can't even upload a pick to describe it in the supposed forum no matter what the format of the screenshot, I draw the line, MONEY BACK NOW!!!!! I Can't even download it!

Did you try putting in a support request prior to going on a hate filled tirade? I've had issues with every single beta download so far, but rather than screaming, ranting & raving like a lunatic, I put in a support request, & seek help from all the awesome people here on this forum. That has always worked for me.

New GUI popup in middle of screen "Calculating..." - eh? It was in fact already known 'cos we selected it in the errrr Galaxy Map lads. What's is the point of designing a daft animation like this if only to change by popular demand but not to one we like or that still does not make any sense of using the actual HUD Panels? Come on...still the System Name appearing in 3 (THREE) different places on the HUD all at the same time. What a dog's dinner!!!

Just a thought, but any way you can implement the use of KWS by hired pilots when piloting the mother ship? Perhaps either by selecting the "Attack Target" command, or add another command for "Scan Target" to the mother ship only when the hired pilot is in control of the mother ship?

I like to swap to control the fighter myself, but it seems to be at a cost since the hired pilot doesn't seem to use the KWS to scan any ships in the area.

Last edited:
I can't even upload any pics in this forum and I cannot even download the beta......I WANT MY MONEY back for the beta NOW!!!!!! This is at least for me...utterly pointless. The isn't working!!! Give me my money back NOW!!!! When I can't even upload a pick to describe it in the supposed forum no matter what the format of the screenshot, I draw the line, MONEY BACK NOW!!!!! I Can't even download it!

An unfortunate side effect of the game and forum being successful together with everyone being addicted to taking screen shots of everything the less than infinite storage capabilities of the servers was being rapidly overwhelmed by pictures.

The solution which gets mentioned a lot is to place your images on one of the free image hosting sites that abound and add links in your post.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I think it is just the "clunk" sound in the Type 7 when it touches down

Oh! That meaning of volume.

So... T7? I didn't quite understand the change to it but boy, could that ship use a bit of love ;)

Uh, it's had quite a bit of love as of Beta 5. It has 3x class 6 module bays, 3 x class 5 now, versus the original. Shield base has been increased 30-40% as has the hull. It's great now. Very very good value for the price. ~256 tons easily to destination no problem. :)

For a moment I thought frontier had finally gotten around to shaving ~1m off the top so it would fit on a medium pad, but I presume it's something else, the landing volume, presumably.

Uh, it's had quite a bit of love as of Beta 5. It has 3x class 6 module bays, 3 x class 5 now, versus the original. Shield base has been increased 30-40% as has the hull. It's great now. Very very good value for the price. ~256 tons easily to destination no problem. :)

For a moment I thought frontier had finally gotten around to shaving ~1m off the top so it would fit on a medium pad, but I presume it's something else, the landing volume, presumably.

Thanks. Good to know!

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Just tried the I Fighter out in Beta 6, like the new gimballing weapon barrels, don't like that side holoscreens still completely obstruct side windows. They should be moved so the upper edge of holo is at the lower sill of the window.

These holo screens make no sense where they are right now in beta. They obscure the view on targets, I can't even target a ship on my right side in VR because I will open up the engineers window, making me lose control.

It needs either a toggle for the way the panels react when looked at, or at least a better positioning.

It is especially disruptive in the eagle, the SLF and the SRV.

Top Bottom