Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update

Thanks FD. The passion you have for this game is great, once again its reflected in the patch notes as well as the wonderful and improved galaxy you've created for us.

[up]

Been downloading this all afternoon (on 50mb+ download connection which is working fine) - most of time the downloads speed rest at around 0.33MB/s - it has peeked at just over 1mb. Do I leave it for another 3hrs as stated, or start again? If I start again, will it reconnect to server and still be a slow download?

Any Advice please

Thanks

Missions

- Mission generation optimisations
- Mission screen loading optimisations

Galaxy Map

- Reduced loading time for galaxy map
- Fixed some stalls loading the system map

- Preload mission contact avatars ahead of the mission board to reduce delays
- Reorganised avatar resources to reduce portrait generation times by up to 50%

Yay, the 20 seconds it takes to open the mission board is now reduced to.. 16.

Yay, the galaxy map loading time is reduced by half a second.

Yay, the system map loading time is.. the same. (~5 seconds)

*sigh*

Still have to sit here for an exorbitant amount of time every time we access the mission board, and a lower but also ridiculous amount of time after we accept a single mission.

Edit: Actually, the mission board waiting time seems to be halved now after I viewed it once. We can also appear to turn in missions very quickly (half second) instead of waiting 5+ seconds. So, it just had to compile things first and save it I guess. Still, the initial mission board waiting time is still a problem I wish the game didn't have. If it came up within a second, the game would be a lot less annoying to play.

Bugs:

The text now seems a lot blurrier, jagged and darker; it only gets fixed if I increase supersampling above native. 2x makes it oversharpened.

The module header text in the outfitting screen extends off the page if you scroll down then back up.

The galaxy map not centering on the system you're opening to (ex. from a mission window) still isn't fixed. It only goes to it if you don't touch your mouse, which forces you to use keyboard/HOTAS navigation until you select what you wanted to do (ie; view system map).

Why do we still not have the distance the stations are from the star listed in the mission details? This would solve the above issue and an extreme amount of tedium/annoyance to find out if the station the mission wants us to go to is 100,000+ls out.

Equally, where is this feature? https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4lnjqp/this_would_save_me_a_lot_of_time_frontier/
vcBqx21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm far from the first or the last person to express this, but I still want to say thank-you and congrats to FDev; this is a monumental update!

I am not 100% sure this was mentioned, but did they nerf the missles/torpedoes that can take down a fully charged shield generator?

Dunno what you guys did on the download front - it took less than 10 minutes! Usually it takes me at least 4 hours here in Australia. Great job, thank you!

wow, down to 0.23MB/S! - Using PC version and alternate download selected. Is anyone else having this problem?

There appears to be server errors that may well be causing your slow download
The game itself is loosing connectivity at present so patience is a virtue

There appears to be server errors that may well be causing your slow download
The game itself is loosing connectivity at present so patience is a virtue

Yup, I am pretty happy that there are no issues on my end, as I've just updated a few other things without issue. Prob going to leave it now and play something else and try again tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Aren't we supposed to be able to pay fines remotely, now? How do I find that feature?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Thanks for the update info.

For those of us beta testers who were lucky enough to have access to the beta and already downloaded the patch 7, will the download be required from scratch or will it intelligently recognize the beta data and copy paste it to the main game folder and update as necessary?

I had patch 7 and my download was instant, I think it just flipped a switch to make the software "live".

Last edited:
Can't wait to see all the changes in action! This work day is dragging! Thanks devs and testers for making this already awesome game even more awesome!!!

down to 0.09MB/s!!! States 30min left, longest 30 mins of my life :) Wow, just hit 0.07, 0.06mbs and now 1hr to download. Im guessing that being 100 miles from FD base is a disadvantage.....might move to Australia :)

Seriously, with such a popular game why is the PC download speed so slow?

I've been trying to download the data for hours now and my ETA varies from 3 days (!) to 8 hours (also !).
Whilst this looks like a very impressive update it's not so impressive that a lot of people are struggling with dial up speeds to get hold of it. I'm on 206 Mbps potentially and this is painful. All my other games download updates fast. I had one do 3.5 gigabytes in 10 minutes last week.

Nice!! I have only played about 8 hours and I love this game! Cant really comment on the updates for I know very little so far, being new I have a noob question. This update is just a patch or something we need to buy, which I will asap if it is :)

However I purchased my copy through steam, any issues there?

Top Bottom