Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: The Guardians 2.2 update

I had the latest g force driver update come install and gone without a drop in download speed for the game.

Congratulations to the Frontier team for a massive job well done!
As I said before, Frontier is a world-class team and Elite is one impressive product.

Now I'm off to get blown up [wacky]

Here (US East) it downloaded in roughly 2 hours, peaking at 3.5 mb/s but down to 1.5 mb/s most times. Only complaint so far is why couldn`t a button to sell all data pages at once be added? Instead of enjoying 2.2 I am here trying to sell what I estimate to be 60 pages worth of data.

Surrey...........connection to ISP fine.

just saw 0.03Mb/s.......

0.5Mb/s for me in UK... 10hrs ETA.. :S

I'm getting >100Mb/s in speedtests, so the problem doesn't seem to be my connection. Feels bad man.

That changelog is immense I can't wait to play, might need to stay up the whole 10hrs in anticipation :D

Dunno what you guys did on the download front - it took less than 10 minutes! Usually it takes me at least 4 hours here in Australia. Great job, thank you!

Hi,

are you by chance a beta-tester? I am and the upgrade was also done in around 10 minutes. Could be, that only the changed files since the latest beta had to be downloaded.

Greets

Karsten

Im guessing it can't get much slower. 0.02mb now, 1hr to go. Being 100miles from FD Im guessing is no advantage as the download servers could be on the moon.

So far, over 9hrs to get this far..........about he same amount of time to get the original version (1984) of the game to load on my clapped out old computer. Hang on, I think it has just finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a ton. Great work. Just switched to Horizons after some time away from E:D, and now the next update. Great!! Some little features I had been waiting for are finally there!!!

One question though. I just went to the shipyard to have a look around and either the manoeuverability values on the stats page are off, or you changed the manoeuverability of many of the ships:
The Cobra Mk. III used to have 6 now has 5
Viper Mk.III was 6 now is 4
Viper Mk.IV was 4 now is 3
Eagle was 8 now is 7
Sidewinder was 8 now is 5
Asp Explorer was 6 now is 4
Asp Scout was 8 now is 5
etc.

Is that just a glitch? I haven't had the time to buy, equip and fly one, and my last time in a Cobra was quite a few months ago. My T-6 feels the same as before, though

It's official guys....

(Movie trailer guy voice)
In a world, where bugs had no place
In a time when new content ruled
FD Films presents.... "2.2 Changelog - The Movie".
Adapted from the original texts by Frontier Developments. In theatres near you from Sunday !

well its been on now since release fastest speed ive had is 0.22mbs whats going on I have alternative download ticked and still very slow speeds
The "alternative download" tick box appears but does not tick, on my launcher Options menu. Is it not available to everyone? Can the download be paused, and the option then ticked, and then the download restarted?

3 hours down, about 60% done. Maybe another 2-3h to go. 0.49 Mb/s, it says.

Last edited:
Have been downloading the patch now for FIVE hours on my 200 mps fibre connection and you cut me off. I have tried to start the download again to be greeted with a message from your server to say "Failed to read from response stream. Network connection closed.". You're the ones or the server closed the connection not me, Sort it out please.

usually i download at speeds as 12-20mb/sec now its between 0.15 and 0.22mb/sec. estimating 2DAYS!
this is ridiculous! give us alternate patch downloads, OR publish them public at torrent OR invest into your infrastructure for deploying patches to the customers.

but 2 days for ONE patch with a leased 200mbit line is a )&%"&%/&") joke!

I went from 20 mins left at 0.3 MB to now over 1 Hr at 0.03. WTH

How are peeps in the US getting So high rates, I'm 20 mins drive away from FDHQ

Last edited:
Got my download started again using the alternative download method in options, it's still going to take my 200 mb/sec connection 10 hours to complete. No cargo runs tonight......

I've been trying to download the data for hours now and my ETA varies from 3 days (!) to 8 hours (also !).
Whilst this looks like a very impressive update it's not so impressive that a lot of people are struggling with dial up speeds to get hold of it. I'm on 206 Mbps potentially and this is painful. All my other games download updates fast. I had one do 3.5 gigabytes in 10 minutes last week.

Some kind of hybrid download method would be ideal. The first (several) users download the game directly from Frontier and start seeding it via torrent. Then as more and more players come online, more and more of them are both downloading and re-seeding. It always seem to crawl about this time of day (0.12MB/s now on a 150Mbps line)

My goodness frame shift of the internet has kicked in, 15 minutes left to go. I'd be better off travelling to Hutton Orbital at least it would of been quicker. Time for download so far almost 6 hours.

After downloading for 4.5 hours someone seems to have opened up the upload bandwith on the patch server because i'm now getting closer to normal speeds, still slow, but not saying 8 hours only 1 hour.
Guess thats my Tuesday Elite night wasted, next time I'll get to see the patch changes with be the weekend :(

Still got some time in playing Battlefield 1 instead while the patch crawled its way to my PC.

Top Bottom