Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Aye. It's pretty poor to be honest, like someone writing a murder mystery then sticking the name of the guy who done it on the back cover.

I really wish Frontier would take more care. This is not the only thing that's been given away for 2.2. :(

But it is what it is. All we can ask is Frontier please take some due diligence to try to conceal the mystery in future.

They must know by know that people are curious, pour over every detail and poke at stuff. It is a real shame they ignore this fact and do not take steps to conceal things, and in fact place things in plain sight. :(

But I guess we are where we are, might as well go with it.
Depends on what the alternative or original method of finding it was supposed to be.
As the one who found I tend to get defensive a bit when people criticize my method of finding it.
Honestly, I think the triangulation method was good. It required some figuring out. It wasn't some follow-the-breadcrumbs get-the-Co-ordinates style of mystery(not that that is bad). It be done almost entirely in game, without 3rd part tools, unlike the Unknown sound analysis.

If, for example, I triangulated it from other Ruins found more obviously in, say, the Sol system. That would be cool.

But the other two methods, Blind searching with no hints(barnacles) or tipoff via Galnet article(Co-ordinates for a crashed Anaconda located not too far from barnacles). Either of those would be unacceptable.
The first one is impossibly difficult, catering to luck only.
And the second method is too easy, and would be essentially hand holding.
Both are incredibly lazy methods of creating mystery.

View attachment 112703

Here is my organized counting that i didn't do yesterday, into a more diagram ish way. and simplified. I could not help to noticed that numbers might mean something here.

^ might mean 2 and the - might be a 1 not sure yet.
To me this looks sumerian or something...
2000px-Babylonian_numerals.svg.png

Hi,
I may be late on this, but... there seem to be something under those ruins.
Under the antenna "at 6" (in the large flat area), there is a rotating thingy:
0b627c69659b4fdf858fc7c0ef5f7754.png
The three outer triangles are fixed, the inner one rotate clockwise

edit: here or under any other tower:
0e30081e3fc140cf8464426aeb3b1685.png

Last edited:
First of all, a little PSA for those exploring the site who didn't notice it: around Canopus, at ~110LY from the site, there's a cluster of inhabited systems, Exphiay has a Coriolis and an Orbis starport with all services.

Second, I don't know if Frontier had a different plan for us to discover this site, I initially thought that it should've been an oversight, but frankly the clues were pretty evident looking back at it (and knowing that the trailer was in-game footage and not an artistic rendering). However I don't really see the fact of extrapolating the position from a trailer as immersion breaking. We had clues planted into videos of interviews, at the end...

Last edited:
Did someone recognise, that the Ancient stuff has no "ageing" after scooping and droping it again. It stays with 100 %. you can push it without problems in directions slowly. Maybe we have to place them on the right positions like in 5th element. the Relic itself sends then maybe something from the towers. So the 5 ancient Thinks need to put on the right place. I would give it a try.

Depends on what the alternative or original method of finding it was supposed to be.
As the one who found I tend to get defensive a bit when people criticize my method of finding it.
Honestly, I think the triangulation method was good. It required some figuring out. It wasn't some follow-the-breadcrumbs get-the-Co-ordinates style of mystery(not that that is bad). It be done almost entirely in game, without 3rd part tools, unlike the Unknown sound analysis.

If, for example, I triangulated it from other Ruins found more obviously in, say, the Sol system. That would be cool.

But the other two methods, Blind searching with no hints(barnacles) or tipoff via Galnet article(Co-ordinates for a crashed Anaconda located not too far from barnacles). Either of those would be unacceptable.
The first one is impossibly difficult, catering to luck only.
And the second method is too easy, and would be essentially hand holding.
Both are incredibly lazy methods of creating mystery.

What you did was great. No ifs not buts, just great.

It's not like it's the frist time 'out of game' data have been used to find stuff either.

I remember, 'Have you listened to them', 'They like nebulae. specially those with 7 sisters in them' and a few Gamescon videos. There are probably more.

The only thing different to what you did was that you were quick. :D

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
A quick and not overly great image of the thing inside the relic

UWkqk9Ch.jpg

But the shell casing is the same shape (though the "sides" are shorter so they're in proportion) as the outer wall of the ruins...

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I can't do it on my iPhone unfortunately, but maybe someone else can:
The overlay of the Spectogram. Can someone place it over the smaller circular area in the ruins? By rotating 90 degrees CW it seems to fit the line going through it, and the two "walls" sticking out into the compound.

Not really sure if it's relevant, as I don't see a natural correlation between this and the UA/UP. Still, worth a try.

Can't say I'm not disappointed to be honest... it looks hand crafted, I'm guessing this site is a one off. (Please FD say that there's more out there)

I had dreams of taking my geared up ExplorConda out into the black to try and find some alien ruins & do some RP archeology, but it looks like they've been found and it looks like they're all in the same place.

I'm at a bit of a loss now, so what is there out there for a keen explorer to find?

There could be more out there, so we need explorers to go and explore more areas of this planet and other planets in the area.

I can't do it on my iPhone unfortunately, but maybe someone else can:
The overlay of the Spectogram. Can someone place it over the smaller circular area in the ruins? By rotating 90 degrees CW it seems to fit the line going through it, and the two "walls" sticking out into the compound.

Not really sure if it's relevant, as I don't see a natural correlation between this and the UA/UP. Still, worth a try.

Ehm, did you mean like in the picture 3 or 4 posts up from yours?

Ah, the smaller circle, missed that part...

Last edited:
Good one! So it's a map, now we have to figure where the other system is (I dobut it would be just a pointer to sol form the "installation" it has to be somewhere half way?)

What you did was great. No ifs not buts, just great. Mk

It's not like it's the frist time 'out of game' data have been used to find stuff either.

I remember, 'Have you listened to them', 'They like nebulae. specially those with 7 sisters in them' and a few Gamescon videos. There are probably more.

The only thing different to what you did was that you were quick. :D

No ifs no but indeed, a first class job at no mistake.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom