Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Something I haven't seen discussed are the markings on the base of the antenna/beacon.

The antenna has 3 sides, and each side has 3 panels. Those panels have triangular patterns on them.

Arrrgh! There's no way this should have been found by someone using the trailer. That absolutely sucks :(

Aye. It's pretty poor to be honest, like someone writing a murder mystery then sticking the name of the guy who done it on the back cover.

I really wish Frontier would take more care. This is not the only thing that's been given away for 2.2. :(

But it is what it is. All we can ask is Frontier please take some due diligence to try to conceal the mystery in future.

They must know by now that people are curious, pour over every detail and poke at stuff. It is a real shame they ignore this fact and do not take steps to conceal things, and in fact place things in plain sight. :(

But I guess we are where we are, might as well go with it.

Last edited:
Aye. It's pretty poor to be honest, like someone writing a murder mystery then sticking the name of the guy who done it on the back cover.

I really wish Frontier would take more care. This is not the only thing that's been given away for 2.2. :(

But it is what it is. All we can ask is Frontier please take some due diligence to try to conceal the mystery in future.

They must know by know that people are curious, pour over ever detail and poke at stuff. It is a real shame they ignore this fact and do not take to conceal things, and in fact place things in plain sight. :(

But I guess we are where we are, might as well go with it.

On the one hand, yes you're right, more care should have been taken, BUT! Seriously could anyone have envisaged the solution to this coming from simply looking at a patch of sky in two still frames of the trailer? In a galaxy of 400 billion star systems, and over a trillion planets. How are FD to know that there are people in their community with the skill to triangulate based on all of 5 visible stars?

It's certainly a mistake they won't make again!

Observations on the ancient pillars and obilisks. probably mentioned before but hadn't seen any direct mentions.

when approaching the obilisk in the SRV, you see it begin to glow and the animation begin. (known)

Does this animation corrolate at all to the ancient pillars that pop out of the ground?

I noticed that when these come out of the ground, they have a triangular symbol at the base, and is surrounded by smaller triangles? Not all sides are the same symbols,all are triangles, but have different amounts of smaller triangles surrounding them. Some look like some of the animations that appear on the large obilisks before you scan them for the Alpha/gamma/ etc patterns.

Do the smaller triangles, that srround the large triangle have any resemblance to what is on the ground at the site?

Are all the animations the same? I don't have recording software (yet) so can't do a side by side comparison. Perhaps they are different and are related to the locations of the various obilisks around the site.

Last edited:
Paranoia is setting in but I see a missile... and targeting reticules... I'm seriously standing on my jump to conclusion mat courtesy of lab 69 but this looks weapons... In fact the whole site looks like a missile base of some sort.

(also it reminds me of one of the early concepts of how an imperial planetary base was supposed to look like all rounded with spokes etc... maybe and abandoned INRA missile base..?)

Or a guardian star port :p , this is non human gota be and according to the names of the objects its "ancient".

Ladies and Gentlemen, something momentous has happened!

No, not finding the ruins - more momentous than that
permission has been given to sticky the thread !!!!!!!!

Thats great Ian!

I don't think it has been of the front page for many hours, over the last 18 months. It deserves a sticky. :)

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Thats great Ian!

I don't think it has been of the front page for many hours, over the last 18 months. It deserves a sticky. :)
And now it will be the first thread anyone sees...for the forseeable future! Cool beans, although I am afraid it's not going to make it easier to follow 😱

I'm off until Tuesday. Please don't solve everything by then!

To me it looks like an Ancient human Pictogram something like the maya or inca's used. Maybe a star chart or something.
I am pretty sure its the MISSING (ancient human Generation ships that that aprox 70000 of them launched from earth like 1k years ago) traveling sub light speeds , someone do the math to see how far outside the bubble they would reach in this time... Allso kinda suspicious they are heading toward Permit Locked Regor sector..... (where i suspect thargoids like cause its Ca 1k ly from Polaris star) .... Just speculation thou...

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I'm just admittedly a little salty that I know I'll never get to discover such things myself ._.
Actually, the discovery itself could have been a number of Commanders, just like the Alien wreck. It's a matter of right place at the right time...and auto-update of this thread every 30 seconds :)

I do appreciate that xdeath found it though, as he was the one who nailed the system as well.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom