Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen if it correlates to the assumptions garnered from the signal audio analysis from a little while ago? The central layout seems kinda like a landing/launching pad with an amphitheater around it and the ridge running up from it looks a little like it could be a launch ramp like a maglev/rail accelerator? Having said that, it's a little short.

I'm going to echo what so many others have said. Your method was perfect. You did a great job finding them. Despite the opposition. ;)
The problem lies in how you did so. Yes we have the ARG. Yes we use outside tools. But without a completely 4th wall breaking trailer, there was no way to know these exist using in-game means. And that's the problem. The problem is also exactly the other things you mentioned. We need more clues presented in game. But we don't need a simple puzzle telling us where to go. They haven't seemed to find the balance to make the puzzle the right kind of interesting. But.. your method may not have been how they intended on us to find it this time. There still could be a perfectly awesome puzzle in game that we missed. Lol. Won't know unless we find it.
I wonder if there would have been anything ingame that would've led us to this, given it's been found so quickly, but your little summary at the end is my great fear, that it would've been nothing or some contrived galnet-fuelled approach. I was a big supporter of the potential new mechanics and the possibility they might lead us to a discovery like this. I suppose we'll never know if that was going to be the case or not with it found so early in the piece... the lack of any discussion of these kinds of mechanics here yet, and the location of these ruins whiff of that maybe not being the case. It's impossible for me to be critical in this case, but that's my gut instinct at the moment.
I'm going to go on record and say that I agree that the trailer was not an ideal way of starting this mystery. If it wasn't me the did it, someone else would've eventually. I would give it a day tops. I'm curious to know what Frontier had originally planned.
If it ended up as some new discovery by Professor of Author-insert-controlling-the-narrative Palin. Where he gives the co-ordinates and system out after a CG to collect Soontill relics. Then I think we would be overall more disappointed than we are now. I would prefer subverting Frontiers intentions by dissecting a trailer to that any day. The "NPC" assistance is the most worst method for solving mysteries, just boils things down to CGs and Galnet articles.
Frontier needs to create puzzles and mysteries that are solved by the players. Triangulating positions based on star maps, analyzing audio, subjecting things to certain tests(UP scanning). I should point out that they are a company and can actually hire someone to do that, create puzzles for players to solve.

Is it possible that it's actually an archeological site? It looks like it's half dug up.
There are no tools left over or, really any evidence that any one has been here. I might have been the first person here in thousands of years.
What you are seeing is the artifacts themselves digging their way out of the ground.

unknown.png

64t delivered :D
hope i haven't desecrated an ancient alien holy site

Oh no I was just thinking if inside say a dome, not atmophering the whole planet total recall style.

Just theorizing, aound the 300 kelvin.

It is 368.4LY from Sol, does that sound reasonable for a generation ship?

It's just the ruins seem a strange mix of stone-age and high-tech.

Totems, urns and clearly high tech obelisks.

The scenario of a crashed space faring ship seems a reasonable hypothesis, using repurposed ship technology along with basic survival necessities (such as Urns!)

The first generation ships left Earth ~1200 years ago : https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/57b6f0089657ba686d4f8629

At 370LY, that's an average of ~0.3c?

Seems feasible I suppose.

More than feasible, we could use nuclear pulse detonation drive to accelerate up 12% light speed. A pure antimatter drive could achieve 80% lightspeed.

Last edited:
What's the turquoise thing underneath?
Maybe some kind of fluid?

Also, why would the relic towers rise from beneath the ground? Why isn't it just a static tower?
Maybe this is just a way to show us that this place is interacting with visitors.

Perhaps that cracked ground in your image is a damaged relic tower that can't surface?
Or it's a place where this "fluid, or energy" leaked.

its great that people are trying and everything. but the problem with overlaying the spectrogram from the UP on to the site means nothing. remember. we already figured out what it meant. it leads to col 70. So this must be new. right?

Or it's a place where this "fluid, or energy" leaked.

I think you might be right.

Here's the turquoise pattern you get under an "artefact", it does look more like fluid than cracks.

uc

Here's some genuine cracks as seen under a risen relic tower :

uc

That patterm is, an artefact, with stones round it, and turquose ground. Seems a bit odd the stones are there too.

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
its great that people are trying and everything. but the problem with overlaying the spectrogram from the UP on to the site means nothing. remember. we already figured out what it meant. it leads to col 70. So this must be new. right?
Until someone goes to Col 70 Sector (after permit is lifted ofcourse) that "solution" is only a theory. Until that time, we would be awful scientists if we didn't try other theories in the meantime.
A "solution" without hard evidence will always be a theory. Please try to remember that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom