Will PS4 get the Cobra Mk IV?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Surprised it took you so long to ask :)

We are still working out the finer details of the PS4 Release and there'll be further announcements closer to the time.

i have 1 small tiny question, how close to release date will be getting any information? i only ask because we are so desperate for some small crumb of information, pretty please with a cherry on top, it's my birthday [noob]

Honestly, I am not sure why people want that ship so bad! It is not as good as the original.

For a second I thought, "Shut you mouth!" Then I reread the thread title, and you're right. It's the Cobra Mk III that everyone seems to love the most in ED [heart].

Ironically, the vehicle I drive is the same way. I have an older model, which is great. The reviews on the newer model that replaced it, not so much. Life imitates art!

Honestly, I am not sure why people want that ship so bad! It is not as good as the original.

The Mk 4 isn't as agile but the Mk 3 has 3 Size 4 and 3 size 2 slots (4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2) while the Mk 4 has 4 4's, 2 3's and 2 2's (4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2) and an additional small hardpoint. Or to put it simply... 28 more tonnes of cargo space than the Cobra 3 (trading build) and 49 more MJs worth of shielding (with a 4A shield generator [no boosters]). If you want a combat freighter then the Mk 4 is the way to go. And the extra seat can allow a friend to use a turret or two.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Surprised it took you so long to ask :)

We are still working out the finer details of the PS4 Release and there'll be further announcements closer to the time.

What bothers more about this statement than the Mk.IV info is the issue of where these 'finer' details are on the PS4 release. This post was months ago yet we still know about as much as we did back then regarding PS4. Ok we've have the smallest crumbs since then but soooo many unanswered questions.

Wake up FDev.

PS. Mk.IV?

I never had an Mk3, but the Mk4 truly delivers. sure, it is fully engineered, but it is versatile, can take most missions and punches above its weight. It isn't light footed, but it is also very sturdy - I survived a gank from an engineered Corvette and its wingmate without losing the shields (and that wasn't the only PvP interdiction).

So I love to use that in open, very understated ship... I guess PS4 CMDRs will also get it if they preorder or buy Elite in the launch phase.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
So I love to use that in open, very understated ship... I guess PS4 CMDRs will also get it if they preorder or buy Elite in the launch phase.

It just another question on the list of many which FDev don't want to or cannot answer. :)

Last edited:
And here is me, never even played the game and who would just like to experience a ship let alone to keep hearing about all these various types of craft [haha]

Any precedent here? Did XBox One owners get a Mk IV for pre-order?

There was a launch window where if the game was bought in that time (a month, can't really remember), then xbox owners could buy the mkiv from shipyards.

Personally, it's not a patch on the mk3 though. The slowness killed it for me.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'm with you all the way with you on that point, forget the free goodies and stuff, just give us the game already

Totally on the same page as you guys. VR, extra toys, etc etc. No worries, just give me the game! :)

Last edited:
There was a launch window where if the game was bought in that time (a month, can't really remember), then xbox owners could buy the mkiv from shipyards.

Personally, it's not a patch on the mk3 though. The slowness killed it for me.

Thanks. Yeah to me the appeal of the Cobra is speed more than anything else; 'It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs'.

Saying that I would probably buy the Mark IV just because I could!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom