So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

I was going up in the rift to look for habitable planets and the hyperspace tunnel got clear but I thought that was just random tunnel look
Maybe the tunnel can look different depending on where you are

what you mean with ''the hyperspace tunnel got clear'' ??
explain better pls

Thought it was about time to repost this, from here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ift-(Part-3)?p=4795147&viewfull=1#post4795147

There could be a lot more settlements to find still.

Hawkin's Gap (ERP 001):

PLAA AEC XZ-Z B41-0, A1, Rally Point 2
DYNASTY EXPEDITION BEACON
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT 2
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC XZ-Z B41-0
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC IZ-N C20-1, A, Rally Point A1A
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT A1A
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC IZ-N C20-1
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC TT-B B41-3, B1, Rally Point B2
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT B2
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC TT-B B41-3
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC RY-B B41-1, ??, Rally Point 2B
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT 2B
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC RY-B B41-1
MODE STANDBY

Conflux (ERP 002):

PRU AESCS TY-J A64-1, A, Rally Point 3
DNSTY S6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT 3
CONFLUX
TY-J A64-1
MODE STANDBY

PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2, A, Rally Point CD1
DYNSTYS6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT CD1
CONFLUX
PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2
MODE STANDBY

PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192, A2A, Rally Point A3A
DYNSTYS6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT A3A
CONFLUX
PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192
MODESTANDBY

Formidine Rift (ERP 003):

EAFOTS EU-R C4-1, A, Rally Point C2
DYNASTY EXPEDITON BEACON
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT C2
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS EU-R C4-1
MODE STANDBY

EAFOTS GL-Y E2, A1, Rally Point 6
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT 6
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS GL-YE2
MODE STANDBY

EAFOTS LZ-H B10-0, D, Rally Point D1
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT D1
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS LZ-H B10-0

EAFOTS RA-G B11-0, 3, Rally Point 3
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT 3
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS RA-G B11-0
MODE STANDBY

That world look as dead as the Guardian world, an yet it was supposedly habitable, I presume they would set up base on the habitable world in the system. It look like their someone out there who is prepared to not only destroy intelligence life but all life and even the atmosphere of the planet they reside on.

May be we should be looking for planets which should have life on but no longer does.

Last edited:
I remember seeing some message before the patch about being trapped on a barren moon with the blue planet just above them. Wonder if that was related? Don't think I had the encounter, just saw it on the forum somewhere a month back.

The formidine Rift and Conflux log are beta logs, fdev love to have alpha, beta, Charlie and delta things, So it's possible to have other outpost in the area, taking the dates of the logs, they've spent a lot of time in the sectors, we'll probably leave more outposts, I'm coming tomorrow and I'll start some searches on Planets next to the beacons or looking for some pattern for an "exploration" to follow in the sectors o7

Fly Safe !

I remember seeing some message before the patch about being trapped on a barren moon with the blue planet just above them. Wonder if that was related? Don't think I had the encounter, just saw it on the forum somewhere a month back.

https://imgur.com/a/abD4f#bLh2o4K

Missed Target Log 2 of 4
B6 in COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9
-87.04, -10.52

Orions Folly

Bares a Striking Resemblence to these new sites that are turning up now https://imgur.com/a/0jpFj#L737a85

Last edited:
Still no sign of a base at EU-R c4-1 C 2... did anyone ever get a ctd on this planet or was that only at the conflux base and the LZ-H b10-0 D 1 base?

As i know, only 1 base found in conflux, and 1 in Formidine.

I am prospecting in EAFOTS RA-G B11-0 3 for about 3 hours, nothing found yet.

After taking a quick look at the known EAFOTS site, I've been looking at EU-R c4-1 C 2. So far nothing and at this point, I think I'm too tired to continue.

Good luck, Commanders!

Can someone tell me what kind of altitude the bases are visible from? Can you see them from low orbit or do you have drop down into meatspace?

On my way to Hawkin's Gap, get there tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what kind of altitude the bases are visible from? Can you see them from low orbit or do you have drop down into meatspace?

On my way to Hawkin's Gap, get there tomorrow if I'm lucky.

As said by The_Sprite :

I`ve seen it mentioned in the past that you can see the structures from about 9km high and lower

DavidMik :

t actually appears to load in the moment you enter glide mode. I was at ~40km altitude and started seeing it. I think the ideal search technique should be to pick the desired search area and an entry point to it, then glide in and try to swoop over as much of the area as possible at <40km up. Rinse and repeat.

Those 2 advices are good! But for me hardware and/or graphics settings must be take into consideration.

Good luck CMDRs! o7

Alright, calling it a night... no luck at EU-R c4-1 C 2. Must have made at least 100 drop-ins, but never set eyes on anything more than a few non-persistent POIs. I really only focused on the day side save for a few glides - perhaps tomorrow, some new areas will be more easily searchable in daylight.

Congratulations everyone. I saw the initial posts about the content coming online earlier just as I was heading to bed. I was too tired to log in and fly over myself (although I did consider it... I'm parked just a few kilometers from the site. Exciting times! Looks like Frontier came through for us after all! I'll login and take a look myself after I get off work.

A few thoughts based on what I've seen posted:

1. As others have noted "Formidine Rift Beta Mission" seems to indicate that there was at least one previous mission: "Alpha". Another possibility is that "Beta" is being used in the way we refer to "beta testing". This could have been a test mission for something bigger.

2. I think it was Eisen who noted that a "Habitable World" need not be an Earth-like world. The Moon is habitable, just not hospitable. The 29/11/3270 log entry stating that the system at least has a habitable system could be reference to the habitation module where the message itself has been found.

3. Another reference to the "Dynasty Expedition". Still not clear exactly what that is and if it came before or after the FR Beta Mission.

Of course now the real work begins. As more clues roll in we'll need to see how those pieces fit into the existing jigsaw.

Keep flying!

From the messages, it might be worth doing a bit of a comparison of hyperspace in the Rift/Conflux/Gap with hyperspace in the bubble. Differences were reported between hyperspace in the bubble and hyperspace near to the Pleiades when the hyperdictions had started.

This is something I was paying attention to in both my trips to the rift, and whilst I didn't take nots on paper, marking down how many different variations I saw, I did conclude in the end that is was pretty much the same animations everywhere int he Galaxy.

Having said that, it may have been changed, I am curious...

Z...

This is something I was paying attention to in both my trips to the rift, and whilst I didn't take nots on paper, marking down how many different variations I saw, I did conclude in the end that is was pretty much the same animations everywhere int he Galaxy.

Z...

I was flying one of my Alt Accounts in the Pleiades region the other day hoping (without success) to invoke one of those "hyperdictions". I did note that the the hyperspace load screen appeared different ... with more yellow/orange tint then the usual blue/greens. Hard to say though. Space madness and all. Could just be wishful thinking on my part. I need to sit down and compare some of my old video captures of hyperspace with some of the new ones.

I have some questions and comments :
1. Why does this mystery is not merged with the whole cannon discussion?

2. Based on quick reading of the clues from the 1st page, isn't this mystery supposed to be solvable on the prerelease version of the game? In other sentence, additional in game 'features' that has been added to the game should mean nothing and worthless in solving this mystery.
3. Speaking of which, I still don't understand what kind of mystery all of this about, I would assume however, it involves human, I mean it's clearly something that some human get involved with, and that's something usually military related.
4. And btw, what about attempting to lure our new friendly alien neighbor to the rift? Would you get hyperdicted there? The talking probe? And other unknown objects? On a second thought this already violate my 2nd point lol so it's possibly not going to work.

Last edited:

Z...

It's hard to know what's unusual about witch space, as they keep updating it. But someone did record one of the bigger white lights flying the wrong direction today.

- - - Updated - - -

I have some questions and comments :
1. Why does this mystery is not merged with the whole cannon discussion?

2. Based on quick reading of the clues from the 1st page, isn't this mystery supposed to be solvable on the prerelease version of the game? In other sentence, additional in game 'features' that has been added to the game should mean nothing and worthless in solving this mystery.
3. Speaking of which, I still don't understand what kind of mystery all of this about, I would assume however, it involves human, I mean it's clearly something that some human get involved with, and that's something usually military related.
4. And btw, what about attempting to lure our new friendly alien neighbor to the rift? Would you get hyperdicted there? The talking probe? And other unknown objects? On a second thought this already violate my 2nd point lol so it's possibly not going to work.

Problem with the mega thread is stuff just gets lost in there.

Top Bottom