Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

I'm wondering if the PSVR will be limited. It might only be available for outer space, to make sure nobody has any stomach-upsetting moments in their SRVs.

It might only be available in Arena, PSVRCQCC

I doubt it will be limited, that's why they put warnings and disclaimers on things. Its up to the user to take that risk

Will this require PS Plus membership to play?
Solo Play will not require Playstation Plus. Anything that requires direct multi-player interaction, such as Open Play, CQC, Private Groups will require Playstation Plus (PS+).

I would very highly doubt this to be true, XBox Live Gold is needed for Solo on XBox One because you cannot play this game offline (Solo needs a constant connection to Frontier servers - you get disconnected if a ping to the server doesn't happen within 10 seconds) so why would PS4 be able to connect to an internet service without it??

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I would very highly doubt this to be true, XBox Live Gold is needed for Solo on XBox One because you cannot play this game offline (Solo needs a constant connection to Frontier servers - you get disconnected if a ping to the server doesn't happen within 10 seconds) so why would PS4 be able to connect to an internet service without it??

Are you saying FDev claim you can play Solo on Xbox in their FAQ but you cannot actually do so?

PS4 can connect to the internet fine without PS+. You just can't play all multiplayer games, it doesn't block the internet from the console.

There are a few PS4 games which actually allow online play without PS+.

Last edited:
Are you saying FDev claim you can play Solo on Xbox in their FAQ but you cannot actually do so?

PS4 can connect to the internet fine without PS+. You just can't play all multiplayer games, it doesn't block the internet from the console.

There are a few PS4 games which actually allow online play without PS+.

E.g. No Man's Sky

:) I guess it depends on your definition of 'nearly'..... it's coming along nicely and, when it's ready, I'm sure our Marketing and Community Teams will let everyone know.

Gary, should your career with Frontier ever end up badly, you surely have one as a lawyer open for you. ;)

EDIT: ...or Press Secretary for a US president...

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Can a moderator either sticky this post or create a new locked post with a link to the FAQ please. The same questions (a lot of the time answered in the FAQ) keep getting asked. Cheers o7

Can a moderator either sticky this post or create a new locked post with a link to the FAQ please. The same questions (a lot of the time answered in the FAQ) keep getting asked. Cheers o7

Im sorry, i read that they have nothing to say at the moment...but i wish it to be posible...if not...is a beautiful moment fly a sidewinder without credits...the real begining.

Sorry for my english

Hi everyone. How can i transfer my pc account to my ps4 account to have my credits from the begining?

Thanks a lot ;)

I believe I have seen posts previously where people have had accounts moved over from PC <-> Console but they got their credits and possibly ships, but no ranking taken over

Any news about pre-order& What will be in it? Maybe price?
FD are surprisingly silent, both twitters ED & FD are silent about PS4 too.

FD, you should get the opposite way, speaking about this, u have ps4 build, make some videos, some training videos at ps4 build for newbie console users.
And for god's sake where is the psn store page with the game?
Other games have a page for a year before release.

Y u so quite? :D

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Any news about pre-order& What will be in it? Maybe price?
FD are surprisingly silent, both twitters ED & FD are silent about PS4 too.

FD, you should get the opposite way, speaking about this, u have ps4 build, make some videos, some training videos at ps4 build for newbie console users.
And for god's sake where is the psn store page with the game?
Other games have a page for a year before release.

Y u so quite? :D

Apparently, on Xbox the Horizons release date was announced a week before it dropped! I would hope for a PS4 full game release we get a bit more notice! Price is already announced in the FAQ as £39.99.

Top Bottom