Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta 5 Change Log

What's the background to

"Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank" ?

How is this being split?

nice changelog

to comment on the remarks about Avatars in chat,
IMHO
game needs whole new screen , called 'communication central' then we can have stuff like
switch for enable/disable avatars
long chat lines
message history
player group support
etc.

not the atrocious communication UI we have now (selection hell, scrolling hell, switching hell, frustrating, losing history etc.)

Last edited:
Please........Please

A message for developers.

Please take a look at the imperial clipper, it is certainly a lovely ship but leaves much to be desired for combat. :eek:

I don't care of player avatars, they are ugly in most as their owners in RL. I am not seeying them often (fortunately).

I prefer to see NPC avatars because they are communicating to me in most.
Imperial pilots should be different than Federal navy, and of course characteristic pirates, traders, and other, they all should be different but similar at some point by group.

Your words. So much truth.

slxIErI.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care of player avatars, they are ugly in most as their owners in RL. I am not seeying them often (fortunately).

Imperial pilots should be different than Federal navy, and of course characteristic pirates, traders, and other, they all should be different but similar at some point by group.

I absolutely agree with you, but keep in mind that such a change is way to much effort for a beta patch. Keep asking for it and we may see it in 2.4, but don't expect anything for 2.3. I think it's better to turn them off until (if) we see real NPC faces.

Last edited:
YES! That was the big one I was really hoping they;d fix.

Whats the point of showing an individual's face if they aren't individual but just generic clones?

THe point is to make RNG, 'faction' specific, faces. Different to empire/federation, and maybe also characteristic to PP region.
How do You think, we really want to see a clones?

Last edited:

Totally agree, this is imersion breaker , it's allways nice to see character faces. Frontier please fix it!!
Edit:
Animated gifs would be even better like in Freespace 2
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL41DE21933E906499&v=XcDNmNvtceU

Last edited:
I'm sorry to see the faces go. I think a better solution would have been to show NPC faces, not helmets. Maybe the algorithm is too slow to generate them on the fly, but perhaps a low-priority background thread could pre-generate a list of faces when we're at stations, in supercruise, etc. Save them to disk and they'd be ready to roll as needed. Authority ships could always use helmets to save computation time. Or at least show faces for individual mission targets. It helps make combat and other interactions in space feel more personal.

Edit: How about DD/MM for dates?

Last edited:
Nice fixes

This one caught my attention

Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank

Does this mean rewards are split in some kind of ratio?

Also does the same apply to a wing also?

Top Bottom