THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

After having slopped so much tears - can we please continue solving the rest of the mystery ? I'd really appreciate that. As it seems that it's not yet finished at all - April 29th is coming. Sorry, but how can anyone claim that the mytsery is solved ? One more clue is solved, nothing more.

Last edited:
Regarding the "single POI", I will wait and see. The megaship might be just one part of the story, there might be other traces of the expedition out there, there is still the reason for the expeditions and there still might be the thing mentioned in the rift expedition logs. Eventually it might be more then just a single POI.

After having slopped so much tears - can we please continue solving the rest of the mystery ? I'd really appreciate that. As it seems that it's not yet finished at all - April 29th is coming. Sorry, but how can aynone claim that the mytsery is solved ? One more clue is solved, nothing more.

29th will be just like The Hunt, The Guardians and the FR mYsTeRy (boooo!) ... but shhhh .. it's a secret :

ALL THAT FOR THAT ?

It was indeed quite a night. To go from a jumble of nonsense letters to actually sitting in front of the ship, hearing the voices of long-dead pilots, was just astonishing.

The sad thing about all this is that it's limited to a very few players who were involved in the actual discovery. The rest of us just get to see a video, or maybe fly out there and see what was in the video.

I don't know how else it could have been, honestly, but all of this cool story content seems to be like that. Only a very few ever get a cool experience out of it. Most of the player base doesn't even know about it.

Ah well.

Congrats to those who figured it out, and were rewarded for it.

Last edited:
Apparently everytime Braben, MB or even Drew (he did it because want to sale his goddamn book) say about "anything misterious that is already in game for long" was a complete bool.. LIE from start to this moment. And now we have a proof for that. For pretty much the first time. Or may be not the first, but this time is is not just a random thing. This is a regularity. Something you can expect. And if you can expect something. That just saying how bad it is. How lasy it is. How zero f it is. Like.. They are dying, they don't have power. They voice are exactly what you expect to hear from ppl in such situation. They clearly lost their engine PP and all of this. And what we see? A simple MEGA SHIP fully intact. They give zero F to even TRY to do something to make it good. This is their attitude to us. This is what i see.

Proof that they changed the asset for 2.3? Is that what's annoying you?

It has probably been updated several times. We have always known it was a standard in game asset, in the 'wrong' place. Available assets have changed constantly. It was probably just a simple USS with a ship, when the game launched. No logs or anything. Updating it with better stuff is fine in my opinion, as long as no one had found it.

Insane maybe, but fun.
I suspect space smurfette will be named (the reason she really placed the bounty on Salomé), and that will anger a lot of her cult^wgroupies^wfollowers.

She was not even born when Dynasty was hatched.

Well you just gave him a well excuse and no surprise he use it. Idk may be it is a surpise for you, but drew don't know any s* about game. In fact he did not even play it. He just advertises his books with "such things" to community. So far as i can see someone actually fall for it. Over all he use this community and game to advertise his books. Pretty much this.

Open your eyes.

So what? No one is forcing you to buy them or read them. I have read three of Drew's books due to this and I loved them. I am waiting for the next two. Also I have enjoy been part of this. It has given me objectives in the game on a number of occasions. I mean what do you want? It has provided fun, story, and content. What where you expecting?

"It" ?

A miserable human derelict that anybody could have found by chance years ago just like Jaques ?

The FR Mystery ?

I give up ...

Do you promise? Because you have said that about three times now and you keep coming back to moan more.

Drew acknowledged the entire communities effort.

So can we move on to the second riddle please?

At Phaethon's Reach, Follow the Path of Souls, DB-IB Fi(0) T-1319 SUM(10,7,5,3)

Is this one still relevant? I mean, if this one had been solved first it would have lead to riddle that's been solved?

Proof that they changed the asset for 2.3? Is that what's annoying you?

It has probably been updated several times. We have always known it was a standard in game asset, in the 'wrong' place. Available assets have changed constantly. It was probably just a simple USS with a ship, when the game launched. No logs or anything. Updating it with better stuff is fine in my opinion, as long as no one had found it.
What annoying me is their attitude to us. They don't even try. Just threw us a bone in Galnet. And this bone was not even a good one. Lore wise it was a damn SHAME. Drew says before that it is not a USS. Try harder to protect their f* up.

Last edited:
Do we know that the found megaship actually IS the rift mystery? Did I miss something?

We don't. It may very well be, but there may be a lot more we have not found. People are just jumping to the conclusion and having a tantrum. Probably because they did not find it.

We don't. It may very well be, but there may be a lot more we have not found. People are just jumping to the conclusion and having a tantrum. Probably because they did not find it.

Drew's Facebook suggests (to me at least) that there is nothing more to find.
Of course, if there is more then I'm sure Drew will pop up on the thread to let us know.

My 'tantrum' is down to the fact that the final clue was so lame, not because I didn't solve it.

Indeed. Since 2.3 beta, NaCl production has been higher than usual. (Probably down to global warming or something)
In any case, this whole FR Riddle and it's pointing to a megaship seems to be getting more than it's fair share of it.

It can't be the end anyway, there must be more if young Drew is going to write a sequel. (I hope so... whatever you might think of the quality, his novels are fun reads)

Key word is may be. Just as well may be NOT. I done for now. Will whatch a "story" on reddit forum and all of this. They even permit locked the HIP system with alien stuff on surface on one of the planet there. How silly is that? How open world is that?

. . . it would make more sense if the ship were powered down.

I noticed that too. Didn't the data logs say the reactor had been "taken" and the batteries were almost dead? Why is this thing lit like a Christmas tree? Things are turning and blinking, doesn't look very "derelict" to me.

Is this one still relevant? I mean, if this one had been solved first it would have lead to riddle that's been solved?

IIRC the event is about two different locations. It will be kind of a hunt and take place near the bubble. This is what Drew said in the EXO interview:

D: I am aiming for as much participation as possible. We have a plan for what the characters are attempting to do, but the outcome is not pre-written. It will take place in proximity to the core worlds and will involve a chase. Those wishing to be involved should ensure they are in the general vicinity of the bubble near the time. While the story of Elite Dangerous itself will continue onwards, a book needs a finale. I’m hoping that this event will be the ‘trench run’ or the ‘last stand’ of Elite Dangerous at this point in time. In the same way that Star Wars: A New Hope wasn’t ‘the end’ of Star Wars, but just the end of an episode, I’m trying to ensure that Premonition is also the end of an episode of Elite Dangerous, but it’s certainly not the end of the Elite Dangerous story. I hope that makes sense!

So I think we have to decipher the video clue too. Btw "Phaethon's Reach" could be kind of a Halo 5: Guardians reference - there's an update called "Memories of Reach", and Phaetons (sic) seem to be VTOL aircrafts in that game (don't know anything about Halo 5, though).

EDIT: And mind this part from Rebecca's last log entry:

The answer to why and who is back in the core, not out here. That's where I'm going next Wish me luck.

Now, Rebecca, where did you go? Tionisla Graveyard?

HTH,
[noob]

Last edited:
I noticed that too. Didn't the data logs say the reactor had been "taken" and the batteries were almost dead? Why is this thing lit like a Christmas tree? Things are turning and blinking, doesn't look very "derelict" to me.

Yes, interesting isn't it ? Preconceiving that the data logs are from October 3270 - about 33 years ago. In 33 years a lot can happen........ maybe "something" or "somebody" entered the ship and reanimated it ? I don't think that FDEV wouldn't have considered that power is lost on the ship for 33 years let it shine like a christmas tree in the present......

Was it ever determined where the location from Drew's video is? The one the "DB-IB.." clue is superimposed over, with the turquoise nebula to the left?

Regarding all the disappointed tantrums about the megaship in the rift being an anticlimax to the formadine mystery, I really think y'all are missing the point, the Zurara isn't the end of the rift mystery, it is merely the end of a chapter of the investigation and leaves a lot more questions to be asked than id gives answers to. Sure, it would have been sweet if we had found a technologically advanced civilization living in the rift that we were able to interact with, that would have been a worthy ending, but I do not think the Zurara is the ending of the rift mystery, merely the next step on the journey.

Top Bottom