THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

So ... after 3 years searching among bugs and clues (a lot!), elaborating fantastic and exotic theories, in the end, a not very sophisticated riddle posted on GalNet and the FR Mystery is solved ? In one night ? One miserable human derelict ? That's it ?
COME ON !!!

I know no one here gives a , but I am no longer a "Rifter".
i know, I know... good riddance.

I may have missed something, but it appears that the Rift 'mystery' turned out to be an Easter egg hunt to a POI.
If that's the case, then what he^ said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you just gave him a well excuse and no surprise he use it. Idk may be it is a surpise for you, but drew don't know any s* about game. In fact he did not even play it. He just advertises his books with "such things" to community. So far as i can see someone actually fall for it. Over all he use this community and game to advertise his books. Pretty much this.

Open your eyes.

Ah, thanks - never seen that article. Then again, I only bought the game in the August of that year. (And only became aware of it's existence a month earlier)

Never trust anyone with a PR team like Aisling's.

So... What about the Conflux, the Gap, the theorised ELW beacons, the Sidewinder, the rest of the Dynasty fleet, the unrecognised ship signature from the FRift base logs, the hyperdictions, the FSD malfunctions and the Anaconda killed around a neutron star?

Are they still out there to find or are they just there in imaginary form?

Imaginary, and they always were.

It feels like FD just put a megaship there, and released a Galnet riddle pointing to it, just to finish this thing once and for all.

I wonder if the powers that be had dealings with this mysterious big bad. Maybe that's why we have huge swaths of permit systems, because we were completely outmatched and the leaders agreed to terms to keep Them placated. So then, were the three scouting locations really contingency plans? Or was nixing such long range colonization plans part of the agreement? Maybe Jacque's messed up everything by starting a new bubble so far away and that's why we're seeing things like Hyperdictions. Now there's a rush to make something useful out of meta alloys, and continuous CGs to develop Colonia. Maybe the powers that be are mobilizing. Fighting AND fleeing.

Its still possible that whatever they planed to flee from to the dynasty locations shows up at the 29th and "everybody has to make a choice" where to life next...

I think that would be too sudden for F "Slow burn" Dev.

CHILDREN OF RAXXLA - INTELLIGENCE TEAM DISCOVERY REPORT

Deciphering Method
Combined work of Commanders Jackie Silver, Lyrae Cursorius, EfilOne and Sajime Chent-Shi, as well as all the amazing thinkers in this thread, and finally Drew for helping out with dropping confirmations.

The Galnet clues lead us to the following :

Styx
Rhea
Yildun
Eurydice
Rhamnousia
Bellerophon
Epione
Eurycleia
Amphithea
Cronus
Daedalion
Chione
Iapetus
Anticlea
Aeolus
Erebus
Jupiter
Xanthus
Furies
Cassiopeia

Taking each starting letters, we then get :

SRYERBEEACDCIAAEJXFC0

"REBECCA" is cancelled out, leaving us with "SYREADIAEJXFC0", which is : Syreadiae JX-F c0.

The Zurara Comms & Logs Transcript

Below is the transcript of all logs found at the Megaship discovered in the system, named The Zurara. This is for ease of access. You'll also find the same transcripts, as well as screenshots of the logs in the link below, put together by Sajime Chent-Shi :
http://imgur.com/a/E3M0M

http://i.imgur.com/iilUmE7.jpg

It is highly recommended to go check out the place as well, the Logs have an audio version with voice acting as well !

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 1/4
[Male crew member]

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 1/4
01/10/3270

RECORDING

We managed to overpower the invaders. but not before
they took out the main reactor. We're dead in space. with
twenty minutes of life support left. Didn't get nothing out
of them before they died, but clearly it was all planned.
They took a drug which killed them. Doc says it's
nicknamed 'Hexedit'. First it kills your memories, then it
kills you. Neat and tidy.

So we're dead, just waiting for the end. This will be the last
log from the Zurara. Some of the crew have already killed
themselves. Others are praying to whatever deity they
believe might help them. A few are drinking themselves
into oblivion. I don't know what will get us first the lack of
oxygen or the cold. Battery power is about to die.

PAUSE RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 2/4
[Male crew member]

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 2/4
01/10/3270

RESUME

Me? I'm leaving this log. This far out I doubt anyone will
ever hear it, but well, what the hell?

We all signed up for the promise of big payouts, a year of
your life in exchange for enough to retire on. I guess I
should have looked closer at it, but you would have
probably done the same, right? No need to work again.
What's clear now is whoever was behind this mission
never intended for any of us to come back.

Damn, it's cold in here now.

PAUSE RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 3/4
[Male crew member, increasingly out of breath]

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 3/4
01/10/3270

RESUME

The folks managing the cargo, jees, they were all psychos.
The moment we completed the mission they just
'snapped'. Killed the ship and killed themselves. Some
kind Of mental conditioning. Doc said. We tried to get word
out to the other vessels when we found out. We got a
signal out. but I don't know if anyone received it. It will
probably freak them out. I don't think they know we're
here.

We dropped a series of beacons out here, all targeted
around Earth-like or terraformable worlds We prepped
some of the terraform candidates with seeders and
biofilters. No one can figure out why it was necessary. but
that was the mission. Just as we were turning back...
boom, those cargo-handlers went nuts.

PAUSE RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 4/4
[Male crew member, increasingly out of breath]

Zurara Ship Log Entry - 4/4
01/10/3270

RESUME

So that's it. We don't even know why we've been killed. But
someone out there knows. someone out there has blood
on their hands, a lot of it. If you figure it out. give them a
message from us. You know what I mean.

Funny. We were told there was something bad out here,
that it was haunted by ghosts...

I just never figured it would be us doing the haunting...

END RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log - Additional Log Entry 1/3
[Older female]

Zurara Ship Log - Additional Log Entry - 21/08/3273

FILE ACCESS ADDITIONAL

So this is what they were hiding. I'm leaving the old logs
for reference. I might need to come back this way again
and re-educate myself. Chances are my memory will get
zapped again. If I don't make it I'll have to leave clues for
others to follow. So, if you're reading this and you're not
me, here's the deal...

PAUSE RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log - Additional Log Entry 2/3
[Older female]

RESUME

Found this ship. Took me years. This is the evidence.
Nothing inside but void-frozen cadavers, perfectly
preserved, some with drinks still in their hands. But the
log. They sent these poor souls out here because they
needed waypoints. all prepped for every eventuality. Three
different zones it would seem.

PAUSE RECORDING

Zurara Ship Log - Additional Log Entry 3/3
[Older female]

RESUME

There's a conspiracy. Guess you figured that out already,
but it goes way up, way beyond the Feds, the Imps and the
Alliance. Something is coming, don't know what it is. but
it's bad and it's all being hidden. All this weird stuff far out
in the void? It's some kind of contineency plan. The
answer to why and who is back in the core, not out here.
That's where I'm going next Wish me luck.

R.

END RECORDING

Video Report
Put together by Shabooka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNq-tG4EgA

Commander EfilOne, out. o7

Now on to find megas in Conflux and Hawkin(g)s!

Playing devils advocate here, and not trying to diminish the result but would like to see what others think.

Looking at the clues presented initially regarding the discarding of veils and the rebirth imagery you could say we did at least get some hint that we were trying to resurrect something. However, solving the mystery by deciphering the continual cropping up of of constellations and the gods they were named for was certainly nebulous in the extreme if we were expected to have them in a specific order. Especially when Rebecca's name (which isn't related to the source material and not mentioned in the clues) was slipped into the final clue just so we could discard it. Does this look as though this was weighted towards CoR and CoR only?

Would it be salty to suggest this hasn't entirely played out how people had hoped? Personally I was hoping for something "alive". I do accept that dead civilizations are easier to programmed than living ones but still.

Also Zeeman has a good point.

Never trust anyone with a PR team like Aisling's.

Well, I never trust an Imp anyway. None of the Oddsocks family do. The name itself started as an act of defiance against an Imperial Senator by my grandfather, the great General Oddsocks* of the Bamuti Clothes War. ;)

*Edit: well technically, it was a derogatory nickname given by the Imps, but he took the name in pride.

Last edited:
I may have missed something, but it appears that the Rift 'mystery' turned out to be an Easter egg hunt to a POI.

It's always been evident that some would be disappointed with the solution to the FRift mystery. I fully expected to be, but am pleasantly surprised. I think the riddle was necessary because the slow search for the solution has overly delayed FD's storyline (and bottom line, since their next major influx of funding will come with series 3, and 2.4 must come first & I think that is now galloping towards us on multitudes of insectoid legs). And is a ship a POI? I would have said not. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I never trust an Imp anyway. None of the Oddsocks family do. The name itself started as an act of defiance against an Imperial Senator by my grandfather, the great General Oddsocks of the Bamuti Clothes War. ;)

Another vrep! :)

Drew acknowledged the entire communities effort.

So can we move on to the second riddle please?

At Phaethon's Reach, Follow the Path of Souls, DB-IB Fi(0) T-1319 SUM(10,7,5,3)

Last edited:
Ah, thanks - never seen that article. Then again, I only bought the game in the August of that year. (And only became aware of it's existence a month earlier)

Aisling is actually an interesting character. She is(probably) the daughter of the ex crown prince of the Empire and a federal high society glamour girl.

She has little reason to be loyal to the Empire.

I also suspect that ex Sirius employee, Felicia Winters will be on the first Exodus ferry. She has on PP decal. :D

I'm beginning to suspect that my choice of a Sirius Corp. system as my home system may come back to bite me.

No, unless I/we have a clear confirmation from FDev about these ships existing in-game now.

I'm with you. After spending days of bleary eyed searching of beige planet after beige planet during the great ruins hunt, I'm not going that far just to find nothing. If you want to spend your time searching, more power to you, but the great hunt broke me.

Last edited:

Sure it is.
An egg dropped by the Camelopardalis just when Perseus was remembered by the Vain Queen at the very entry of the Underworld where you must pass the Seven Veils and leave behind the Tiara and other trinkets before Charon gets you in but you can keep your Cor and give him your Anima, because you know The Key is also the Door .....etc..etc...
COME ON !!!!

Yes, we get you are salty. Can we move on?

Yeah, I don't get it. We're getting progress on a long running mystery and an in game event to go along with it. If it comes with a reminder that there's a new book coming out, who cares? It's not required reading. I mean, I guess I can understand some consternation if you spent a long time trying to solve it and then it doesn't live up to your expectations, but that's on you and your expectations, not Drew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom