News Ship naming and Name Plates – how it will work

They want money from the nameplates?
They cant give this kind of cosmetics free??
They are all greedy sons of..

Oh wait, i dont care.

Now Frontier, be silent and accept the currency im holding in my hand.

Yep, pretty much what everyone thinks and does!! It's just like pimping out your car!! "I'm not doing anything to my car!! I like it factory stock!!" Then you see something on another one just like yours and you go "Oh, that's nice! I would buy that!!" And you buy it!! Who doesn't like a paint job on his ship? Who doesn't want to show a name on the ship??Even the suits colours that no one else can see people will buy because they look good on the photos!! And I think they didn't ask for a lot of money for a set of name plates or suits!!

If I buy a pack of nine nameplates, but only like the look one of them, can I use that same nameplate design on more than one ship concurrently?

Ta.

If I buy a pack of nine nameplates, but only like the look one of them, can I use that same nameplate design on more than one ship concurrently?

Ta.

Yes, yes and yes you can!!! You can use the same design and all ships and you can use different designs on each side of the ship or ships!! Same goes the ship ID

I would like to add, not all nameplates look good on all ships. Some nameplates interfere with other panel borders / textures or just simply don't scale right.
That is also a matter of taste of course.

I bought them all but I get the most out of the practical and explorer nameplates.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I would like to add, not all nameplates look good on all ships. Some nameplates interfere with other panel borders / textures or just simply don't scale right.
That is also a matter of taste of course.

I bought them all but I get the most out of the practical nameplates.
Just my 2 cents.

Absolutely correct!!

Have to say tho - I am loving these nameplates generally. They look brilliant.

1Tjd4qz.png

Love the nameplates. My favorite part of 2.3. All I want now is some borderless/decoration-less nameplates. Even better if we can get some in different fonts, including some hand-painted-looking ones and ideally (though I recognize that this may not be practical) some in a hand-written/cursive style.

They don't consider it a problem, they changed description in store. ID plate can be put into name slot (but will display ID there).
Strange decision in my opinion, but functions as designed.

I discovered this recently and its awesome to have it this way... now one side displays the ID and the other side the name, but in the same place. The ships decals now look much more sorted. I really like this.

Top Bottom