Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was visited by one now Solo, so that works.. Then I tried private group for an hour or so, and it was a no show.

What a coincidence :p good to see you [up] still a no show in Mobius for me and a few other people that are here. Tried solo twice and nothing either :(

Last edited:
Regarding letting it pull up a UA...This was one of the first things I tried last night and it pulled up towards the ship got stuck at the bright spot where things would get sucked up towards then simply fell back down again when the beam turned off. Nothing happened.

Last edited:
On the new flowership (Thargoid) encounters... there's something to consider here, gentlemen: The flowerships and the UA's may have no relationship whatsoever. Since the flowerships are harvesting barnacles and are (allegedly) grabbing the meta alloys, they could be using them to shield their cargo areas to carry those UA's similar to how we do it. It could be they are from two entirely separate races.

Is it possible that that the Barnacles are manufactured (seeing as they have some sort of logo on them). Maybe created to attract the 'Alien' vessels by someone or a corporate entity looking to 'capture' use them?

Is there anything on the Barnacle worlds that is a constant to attract growth i.e. Arsenic?

Last edited:
Could you be more specific about where this poi is? Maia isn't the smallest system around...

Not really "unstable", it seemed to be moving from point to point. I was in supercruise heading to Palin's from the star and it appeared and moved about a couple of times, as in appear in one place then disappear and reappear in another place.

On this image, from Bl1p's livestream, is what to me looks like a holo of the Barnacle, almost like our holographic landing pads we use to line up a landing. Is this it's way of lining up the Barnacle?

rdlpBNH.png

Sounds like you're experiencing the 'supercruise interdiction' bug. If someone in the system is being interdicted, there's a bug where you can see their weird blue circle effect too.

Probably this. I see it all the time in any system in a War state. Maia's still anarchy, right? Probably just someone getting interdicted by a pirate.

From what I've heard, Hyperdictions and Barnacle Pit Stops only happen on a 7 to 8 hour cycle. Is there a way of working out when they will start happening again? If not, can someone make a spreadsheet or something of predicted encounter times.
Thanks.
CMDR PlungedSphere34.

Did try earlier to capture data https://goo.gl/forms/hlTKZGGQU2jaoqSH2 but it got buried, and herding cats is hard :) (Thanks to CMDR Quinley for the single response [up])

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom