Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Got a few closeup shots of the ship.
[imgur]pDf17[/imgur]

Notice that the ship appears to have 6 ports in the front near the canopy.

Could those be retro thrusters or weaponry?

Notice that the ship has 4 blue thruster ports even though there is a concave point on the other four petals that could have thruster ports but don't.

Is that by design or are Thargoid ships so far missing 4 thruster ports?

Is it damaged and trying to repair itself?

Why are these thruster ports similar to UAs and UPs in design? Could they have been thruster ports that have been ejected?

If so why? Are they malfunctioning?

I believe it is either that these thargoid ships are incomplete forms or a more perfect and powerful Thargoid ship.

We have yet to see a fully armed and if I could say... A-rated Thargoid ship.

This clearly isn't it.

Last edited:
To my mind, everything still points at the UA and UP being human creations, perhaps using 3rd party tech.

- they knock out both human and flower people ships
- they use morse-code
- they spy on ammonia worlds

On the topic of liquid life, Here is an exert taken from Wikipedia on ammonia based life.

A biosphere based on ammonia would likely exist at temperatures or air pressures that are extremely unusual in relation to life on Earth. Life on Earth usually exists within the melting point and boiling point of water at normal pressure, between 0 °C (273 K) and 100 °C (373 K); at normal pressure ammonia's melting and boiling points are between −78 °C (195 K) and −33 °C (240 K). Chemical reactions generally proceed more slowly at a lower temperature. Therefore, ammonia-based life, if it exists, might metabolize more slowly and evolve more slowly than life on Earth.[46] On the other hand, lower temperatures could also enable living systems to use chemical species that would be too unstable at Earth temperatures to be useful.

Ammonia could be a liquid at Earth-like temperatures, but at much higher pressures; for example, at 60 atm, ammonia melts at −77 °C (196 K) and boils at 98 °C (371 K).

Ammonia and ammonia–water mixtures remain liquid at temperatures far below the freezing point of pure water, so such biochemistries might be well suited to planets and moons orbiting outside the water-based habitability zone. Such conditions could exist, for example, under the surface of Saturn's largest moon Titan.

Perhaps the center is an ammonia liquid they need to survive, we cant go too long without water ourselves. Also note the bold word, Titan, which is currently unaccessable. Dont forget to include my name as the first to discover Thargoids on Titan. You're Welcome! :cool:

Last edited:
The central "eye" or clear part of unknown ship is full of fluid I think.
On many vids it appears to pour out/away as it rotates above the Barnie

If you mean the milky patch, that is probably just the reflection of the planet surface on the canopy. If not: Interesting. :)

The central "eye" or clear part of unknown ship is full of fluid I think.
On many vids it appears to pour out/away as it rotates above the Barnie

EDIT: False alarm, thinking it's now just the planet surface being reflected in the clear part.

EDIT EDIT.... What @jojon said! Lol[big grin]

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Hmmm... still not sure? Obsidian ants vid looks like reflection, but others don't
God knows [wacky][wacky]

Last edited:
To my mind, everything still points at the UA and UP being human creations, perhaps using 3rd party tech.

- they use morse-code

I have the same suspicion.

So it's presumed that the Flower Ships are using the barnacles as refueling points? It makes a lot of sense if you really think about it. The barnacles give off some sort of vapor at their zenith, so I feel like they've been placed on mineral rich (?) worlds as extractors for quick refueling. The ships can jump out of witch space above a barnacle, fuel up, and jump right back out within a minute or two. Perhaps the organic structures around barnacles are the result of the extraction process, altered biological matter springing up from the ground. This would also explain why Meta-Alloy derived Cargo Racks would be immune to the corrosion of UA's-because they're derived from the same biological makeup as the Flower Ships themselves.

- they use morse-code
We don't know they knock out flower people ships.

Only the UP spies on ammonia worlds. Even then, one type could be a spin off of another, and doesn't necessarily mean they're from the same creator.

Using morse could either be them attempting to communicate with us in a non-verbal method because they have translated the meaning, but not the sounds we make/they physically can't replicate our speech, or just game reasons to allow us as players to attempt the puzzles.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, Hyperdictions and Barnacle Pit Stops only happen on a 7 to 8 hour cycle. Is there a way of working out when they will start happening again? If not, can someone make a spreadsheet or something of predicted encounter times.
Thanks.
CMDR PlungedSphere34.

would require some excellent teamwork, but possible to drop a UP beside the Barnacle and wait for the Flower (OK, I know one would have to pick it time by time to avoid destruction) and when the flower starts sucking a third member (waiting in his ship until then) honks the UP ??? Would be interesting how (if) the Flower reacts to that :)

would require some excellent teamwork, but possible to drop a UP beside the Barnacle and wait for the Flower (OK, I know one would have to pick it time by time to avoid destruction) and when the flower starts sucking a third member (waiting in his ship until then) honks the UP ??? Would be interesting how (if) the Flower reacts to that :)

Maybe a good try to drop some UA and see if the flowership will take them during the operation. On youtube video we could see rock and srv are attracted by the ship.
Like a said , on alien site crash we find many UA... maybe they crashed because they have them on board. If UA are 3rd pary, maybe flower ship makes like us, they scoop ua to study them...with the consequence of the crash.
Maybe they use Barnacle like extractor for material to fix their ship and station (like us).

From what I've heard, Hyperdictions and Barnacle Pit Stops only happen on a 7 to 8 hour cycle. Is there a way of working out when they will start happening again? If not, can someone make a spreadsheet or something of predicted encounter times.
Thanks.
CMDR PlungedSphere34.

Just had my own experience. Happened at 45 after. So I don't think it's a specific time. Honestly, I was switching from solo to open until it triggered, Open is when it triggered. Pretty sure it will trigger in either mode, see no point in excluding others form this, especially since that was the case with the other events

Has there ever been any clarification that any of these events occur in Solo? In months of playing, I've never been hyperdicted by one of these craft around Maia, and I have the feeling I won't see one of them around a barnacle site either. If that is the case that Solo players are being intentionally left out, it's a kick in the teeth.

I was visited by one now Solo, so that works.. Then I tried private group for an hour or so, and it was a no show.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom