News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nah...I just want David to answer NEW questions instead of things we already know since before. ;)

Yeah, even he (David) must be fed up with answering the old questions, hopefully he'll get a kick at actually telling us something we don't know ;-)

Ab

If limited to one question - would like to ask if Frontier plan to utilise true 64bit architecture for the game, if not initially on game release but certainly for later expansions and whatnot. Many thanks (happy Alpha backer :) )

Think what Capt Hook here is referring to is that ED still launches a 32bit exe so its not currently running 64bit from what we can see. At least i wouldn't have thought so.

Question(s): It is already known that ships will be upgradable, but will there be different variants of ships? Ship availabily will depend on the type of system you are in, but will ships vary in price according to supply and demand? I'm guessing the current ships in alpha/beta are "used". Will we be able to purchase "new" ships (maybe with a shiny new skin, % bouns to ship systems, much higher cost).

Last question. Will we be seeing the Cobra MK1 and Viper MK1 :cool:

Thanks for creating a truly amazing game David :)

some suggestions for asking questions.

some suggestions for those who want to ask a question and get an answer. follow these basic rules and you will probably find that an Answer to your question will be answered by David Braben. this is based on previous Q&A

• keep the question short and compact as reading through a long essay style question only to find out that the answer requires an even longer reply means less time for other questions to be answered,

• ensure that the answer you are expecting does not require DB to be put on the spot about a topic that cant be answered or for it to take sides on an on going topic. because the answer maybe ambiguous.

• if the question is about something in a previous newsletter then I would expect a possible reply

good luck.

Hello Mr. Braben,

First thank you for Elite, it opened my eyes back in 84, i was 7 and i started coding after that, engineering later on, now i own a software company and working my own wonders. Thank you!

Now that i got it out of me :) a real question.

Will there be a special reward system in Elite, for achievements or discoveries, like charting unknown space and phenomena, or ending a war in a far away system, or even starting a war. Maybe a log of pilots actions that will be available to other players. Like a savior of a stranded ship.

I plan to explore the space, i would like to name my discoveries is there a plan for something like that?

It probably would give players another thing to strive for, not just rating, dangerous or elite, but maybe something like a chance to become a known explorer or a xxx system liberator, or something similar.

I would love to have such mechanics, as i would search for an opportunity to do something like that, more than a chance to improve my elite rating.

Regards!

Can an aussie who will be sound asleep, at 1:00am AEST when David turns up, I'd like to ask a historical question.

Looking back 30 years ago, what would you change in the original Elite, if you could go back and do it (while still remaining in the original hardware contraints of course) or, what got cut because of time constraints but you wanted in?

considering publication of the original game was delayed so they could add the radar i don't think time constraints played much of a part in the game design ;)

/me lays a virtual towel on the thread to save his place :D

Firstly hurrah...secondly ****** I will be in bed as that pesky columbus made the world round and its 1am in Australia mayte. I will catch up tomorrow.

Could I suggest you open a separate post, where you cut n paste the question to be answered and put DB OBE comment after it. Leave it locked to mod's and let us, the great unwashed post questions in here.

That way, those of us daft enough not to be living in blighty can catchup on a concise set of responses, instead of having to plow through 3248032402 million "Can we land on planets yet" questions.

Could I suggest you open a separate post, where you cut n paste the question to be answered and put DB OBE comment after it. Leave it locked to mod's and let us, the great unwashed post questions in here.

That way, those of us daft enough not to be living in blighty can catchup on a concise set of responses, instead of having to plow through 3248032402 million "Can we land on planets yet" questions.

I hope Michael is reading this

I certainly hope nobody is going to ask David to sign their wife's ***** in this one

[Oh thats so annoying damn spell checkers]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom