News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Can an aussie who will be sound asleep, at 1:00am AEST when David turns up, I'd like to ask a historical question.

Looking back 30 years ago, what would you change in the original Elite, if you could go back and do it (while still remaining in the original hardware contraints of course) or, what got cut because of time constraints but you wanted in?

As a once avid player of Frontier & FFE, I'd wish to thank David for creating a game that will (eventually ;)) allow me to walk around those spaceports looking for the Lavean Brandy in the duty free!

On a serious note, back in the early 90's I remember flying around those massively impressive cityscapes with the wind turbines and freakish skyscrapers nestled amongst the hills.... will we really be able to interact out of our ships with this? Please say yes!! :eek:

This is really cool, but I have no clue what I would actually like to ask ...

On another note, this brings me back to a suggestion which I made looong time ago: having a button that allows you to jump to the next entry of a specific member in the same thread would now come in extremely handy ;)

No Offence, but 4pm mid-week UK time...

We're all at work... grinding the 9 to 5! not great timing if you ask me? something more like 6pm would feel more suitable. I recognise that 4pm is inside of working hours for David, but it would be better a little later if you ask me, then more of us can join in?

(Unless of course that was a completely, intentional choice)

No Offence, but 4pm mid-week UK time...

We're all at work... grinding the 9 to 5! not great timing if you ask me? something more like 6pm would feel more suitable. I recognise that 4pm is inside of working hours for David, but it would be better a little later if you ask me, then more of us can join in?

(Unless of course that was a completely, intentional choice)

They didn't say at what time he is going to finish so you may get your chance at 10pm tonight on the other hand he chose that time because he is at work and didn't want to be working out of hours as he has a life. :)
If someone is definitely going to be here at 4pm, can we just send all our questions to them so that they can pass them on for us, Michael ? :)

This is really cool, but I have no clue what I would actually like to ask ...

On another note, this brings me back to a suggestion which I made looong time ago: having a button that allows you to jump to the next entry of a specific member in the same thread would now come in extremely handy ;)
You can search a thread for all posts by a specific person
Where is this live chat?is there a link?

Here, no link required

I will have only one obsessed question, to David but is just ok if Michael or anyone else (from the devs or just someone in the forum who knows it) can answer me.

When the local 'in system maps' will be available in game ?

so, if i will be not online when the chat will start, please someone ask it to him for me.
and
thanks in advance for any possible kind of answer to that question.

If limited to one question - would like to ask if Frontier plan to utilise true 64bit architecture for the game, if not initially on game release but certainly for later expansions and whatnot. Many thanks (happy Alpha backer :) )

If limited to one question - would like to ask if Frontier plan to utilise true 64bit architecture for the game, if not initially on game release but certainly for later expansions and whatnot. Many thanks (happy Alpha backer :) )

They already do.

Taken from Newsletter 21:

Elite: Dangerous has been created using Frontier’s proprietary Cobra software technology (yes, named after the Mk III - check out the snake’s head), which has some unique features that make this all possible. Cobra has been constantly evolved and honed to keep pushing the cutting edge over many game titles and hardware generations. It is fully 64 bit, message based and designed to take full advantage of today’s (and tomorrow’s) multi-core architectures. It has already been used to deliver an extremely wide range of games at Frontier and throughout we have been improving and honing its capabilities – it’s almost as if we have been carefully planning towards Elite: Dangerous for many years... :)

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=cfcdbae60e

I don't have much faith in a decent Q&A session ... I'll be spamming it with my question until I get an answer, Tinman will be spamming with GIFs ....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom