News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
David,

Which car are you taking to go see the Queen?

dbobevisitqueen.png

Yes people that's to scale!

Ahh - I'll probably take the train... ;-)

Hello David! Exploring space since pc CGA Elite!

Question:
If I exit from supercruise in arbitrary point of space far from POI what kind of orbit my ship will have?

Hi David

firstly it was a pleasure to meet you and the Team at the Baftas as one of the Elite Ambassadors,
and thank you for the opportunity.
AZ96bc6.jpg

My Question.

with the 30th anniversary only 2 months away, do you have any surprises lined up to mark this event for your backers. or will the anniversary be the launch of the public Gamma?

30 years is a pretty big achievement to mark within the Computer game industry, as not many games from the mid 80s have survived to be given a sequel after 30 years.

I'd like to know how "busy" systems will/can be with AI ships. Would love to see VERY busy stations in high population areas or production centers.

Question:
Currently, the best way for new players to make money is through combat and the best way for more progressed players to make money is through trading. Is there a plan to balance income between the different gameplay roles?

Hi David,

My 14 year old son is super-keen on game development & design, especially 3D modeling and animation. Do you think the modern 'Game Design and Development' type college courses offer a good route into the game industry ?

Rob

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hi David. Do you plan to introduce some sort of countermeasures (flares, mines, smoke bombs etc.) to the game? Thanks.

Hi David,

I was wondering about the mission system and how work is progressing on that front. Can we expect to see anything implemented soon(™)?

Cambridge

As a local person to Cambridge, what's the chances of popping in meeting the heroes on site and seeing a super up to date build running on the Oculus?

Expansion Pass - Good Value?

Hi David.

Will the expansion pass be good value for money, or is it more geared towards allowing people to "back" further development?

*cough* Mr Braben, Sir, What do you think of a character based on your very good self, from the exceptionally funny "Dockers" written by Simon "Listeri" Winnard and Grant "Psykokow" Woolcott?

Brilliant work so far, thx to the team. I am very interested in when/what you can tell us about an in game Trading Computer ( ie knows the prices I have seen myself) and your thoughts on out of game trading tools ( I don't like em myself )

In an interview with Scott Manley you said you never tried the programm/game Space Engine, have you now? If so what do you think of it?

What kind of information about different celestial objects can we expect to see in the system maps?

(I won't even bother asking about if this will come in SB1 on the 29th...I've heard "soon" enough times already :p. Besides, MIchael kind of "confirmed it yesterday anyway. :D)

Hi David.

A couple of questions;

1. Did Michael pass on the thank-you card from Lave Con?
2. I showed my 7 year old lad the galaxy map, which he thought was 'Awesome'. Just judging by both of my kids reaction, it could be an astounding educational tool. Have you had feedback on the Galaxy Map from fellow astronomers or people like Dara O Briain, or Brian Cox?

Cheers
Colin (Cmdr PhoenixDfire)

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
*cough* Mr Braben, Sir, What do you think of a character based on your very good self, from the exceptionally funny "Dockers" written by Simon "Listeri" Winnard and Grant "Psykokow" Woolcott?

I so want to hear the answer to this. :D :D :D

Love from a poor lowly Mod.:eek:

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David,

Another 1984 survivor, the original game, nothing to do with George Orwell...

So, the ability to hack the game could threaten to significantly impact peoples' enjoyment of the game and the credibility of the game itself. How difficult do you think it is to combat, and how is this to be done in ED?

This is always a problem. Server moderation is our first line of defence, but sadly some hacking will inevitably go on. Some hacks are easy to detect, some much harder. Deciding what to do is also tricky too - either forcing single player, or ultimately banning depending on what it is seem like sensible options.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom