Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants lots of closeups of the alien ship.
I have 8hrs of random video of it on my Twitch and on my youtube.

WARNING - My twitch is 18+ So videos may contain Swearing, Smoking reference, Drug reference, Mild Nudity, Pron references. or Not.

And some Alt-F10 closeup Images

Use however you want.

I spent 8 hrs watching lol, Some nice camera angles. Some bad landings lol.

Apologies. I am at alien/barnacle site with my white AspE in BL1P's group and just crashed into some CMDRs Orca. Here is what happened:

I figured out that scanning/freezing range of alien ship is slightly above 3000m. Sine there are rumours that ECM is partly alien technology, I have started ECM at 3500m and boosted toward the alien ship. The same moment the ECM is activated, my ship was frozen and I have felt directly towards some CMDRs Orca. I am prepared to reimburse the damage and take full responsibility.

Remedy for freezing is solo mode, full boost right away. During logout after freezing in group mode , there will be a message about alien scanning. So, as soon as You are logged in solo there will be no alien ship, but You can see unfinished scanning so run away fast to avoid another ship/srv freezing. No communication with CMDRs is possible during freeze state.

I have a funny idea why freezing is happening, if somebody else also expirienced that.

https://s17.postimg.org/kll0pyub3/Screenshot_0814.jpg

Edit: if it was CMDR TORvicRIFT777's Beluga I am prepared to self-destruct my Cutter in front of him.

I watched that and the Orca logged out so I presume he didn't take much damage

People are asking at a Barnacle site I'm at, if you need to reset the instance once the Thargoid does its job and leaves or if you can just sit and wait 8 hours (this also really a thing?) for the next one. Anyone know?

People are asking at a Barnacle site I'm at, if you need to reset the instance once the Thargoid does its job and leaves or if you can just sit and wait 8 hours (this also really a thing?) for the next one. Anyone know?

I have spent 6 hours at PLEIADES SECTOR barnacle's yesterday and nothing. 2.5 hours today and counting. To my knowledge there's no confirmed way on how to trigger the event. People have been mentioning time intervals but who knows.

Not sure what the "large balls" are you see in the cockpit - it seems empty, with 3 tunnels out of the back, one above the other.
I've been left in BL1P's instance with the captive flower ... do i risk burning the house down and leave the session on overnight? lol

some big pictures:

album: http://imgur.com/a/d3hBO

(edit: ah, dammit: just landed and the flower has decided that it can power me down and freeze me into an iceball again)

From the pictures (and my own observation at the site yesterday) there seems to be a well-like hole in the floor of the cockpit-like structure that resembles the hole on the underside in the middle of the ship.
I wonder if they are connected since the cockpit is exactly in the middle on the top of the ship.

Here another pic where you can see the hole on the bottom of the cockpit.

LSw2X25.jpg

...looks to me at 29 minutes after the flowership has harvested that the MA and other mineral pods are still on the barnacle spikes. which implies the "harvesting event" is not collecting the materials but is perhaps just concerned with the energy beam link to the barnacle. I think I've speculated before that the barnacle has some form of energy source due to it's glow (& maybe the "fireflies"), so perhaps this is a refuelling event. The apparent collection of material from the surface may be happenstance & due to the flowership's anti-gravity drive.

It could be that the meta-alloys are a by-product of the energy (or whatever is being collected) generation. Just because the alloys are useful to us doesn't mean they're of interest to them.

Last edited:
From the pictures (and my own observation at the site yesterday) there seems to be a well-like hole in the floor of the cockpit-like structure that resembles the hole on the underside in the middle of the ship.
I wonder if they are connected since the cockpit is exactly in the middle on the top of the ship.

Here another pic where you can see the hole on the bottom of the cockpit.

That's interesting! I've always thought the balls went to the underside, but thought they passed round where the cockpit curves into the interior of the ship (towards the top right in your image), but this definitely makes it look like there's a hole straight down to the bottom.

Haven't got time to find the old posts or fish out the photos right at the mo, but the patterns on the balls in the cockpit matched the patterns that could be seen inside the circle/dome/hole in the centre of the underside of the ship.

you guys are all at the barnacle sites like those people from that movie
[video=youtube_share;jyflxGvmwMU]https://youtu.be/jyflxGvmwMU?t=1m30s[/video]

Alright, so how many events have we had all together and what times did these occur. I know there was sheet that was trying to put that info to gether but I think it got buried a while back.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom