News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
David,

As a Premium Beta player, I would like to say thanks for a great opportunity to get involved in the development process for ED.

Q.
With the radar limited to around 7km, will it have any bearing on exploration?

Thanks.

Cmdr. Rennard

Hi David,

The combat looks excellent, but in the finished game will there be the possibility of an occasional protracted engagement where it becomes more a battle of wits than of reflexes, hide and seek, running repairs etc, like one of those WWII Destroyer vs U-Boat movies?

Hi David, I'm loving every minute of ED so far. Still quite new to premium.

I had a few wow moments last night when i accidentally got pulled out of supercruise going through a planetary ring last night and it just blew my mind in the DK1.

I am wondering if there are any Super sampling or any TXAA in store as development moves closer to release.

Thank you for over delivering, haven't been this excited for a game in years!

Kind of an off-beat question, but considering the two big fields of activity (RPi, vgames)...

Are there any plans to integrate RaspberryPi support as some form of (or part of) Elite peripheral?

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David.

A couple of questions;

1. Did Michael pass on the thank-you card from Lave Con?
2. I showed my 7 year old lad the galaxy map, which he thought was 'Awesome'. Just judging by both of my kids reaction, it could be an astounding educational tool. Have you had feedback on the Galaxy Map from fellow astronomers or people like Dara O Briain, or Brian Cox?

Cheers
Colin (Cmdr PhoenixDfire)

Yes, he did.

On the galaxy map, I would love for their to be uses in education - I think there inevitably will once it is a bit more accessible.

Hi David, and many thanks for chatting to us. Congrats on the OBE, btw. With what I've seen with ED so far, I'll stand you pint next time you're in North Yorkshire ;). Jolly well done to you and your minions :D.

My question: how close are FD in presenting your vision of ED, and has mp (and comments within the forums) exceeded your expectations of how ED will evolve

My question is about the Friends list:

how it works? If you add someone as a friend what's will happen exactly? What are the options of the friends list?

Thanks and regards.

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David, I'm loving every minute of ED so far. Still quite new to premium.

I had a few wow moments last night when i accidentally got pulled out of supercruise going through a planetary ring last night and it just blew my mind in the DK1.

I am wondering if there are any Super sampling or any TXAA in store as development moves closer to release.

Thank you for over delivering, haven't been this excited for a game in years!

The render guys here are working on improving effects continuously, both in terms of performance and the look/quality. There is a lot more to come!

What do you think of "Dockers" written by two high level backers, Simon Winnard and Grant Woolcott, and voiced by the community, and what do you think of the character "David Broobin" in particular?

Hello thank you again for doing this.

Are there any mobile apps in development that will aid us with trading and navigating? Maybe after release? I would pay another $10 for such an app. It would be fantastic if we could navigate using our tablets and setting course while staying live in cockpit etc. Or uplinking with stations to obtain latest BBS and market data.

I have a very important question about flight mechanics.

"What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

Oh, and do you know if Ian Bell has been playing Elite Dangerous?

Hi David,

The discussion about groups, guilds and organisations has heated up in the forums. With people arguing also about your intention. Whilst we all agree that you believe that players can come together to organise influence on a system or dominate a market, how do you feel about larger organised groups with agendas, for example Goonswarm who want to break the game or dominate it?

shame about this style of Q&A

perhaps using twitch or something similar would have been a better way to chat with ur viewers David :(

Greetings forum and David!,

Yesterday I took the time and joined this amazing forum. I went ahead and introduced me in the introduction thread.

I have a little question. I'm still planning on getting Elite: Dangerous.

What are some of the things that are worth getting Elite for?

*I'm getting the Standard Beta*

Thanks and have a nice day!

PS tomorrow is my birthday forum :)

Afternoon David,

Not a question, but rather I'd just like to say that you and your team at Frontier have done a fantastic job with Elite: Dangerous so far, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.
I'm just sad that my father, who made Elite in the original 1984 Beeb version, isn't here to see what you've made of the game he enjoyed so much.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work :)

What do you think of "Dockers" written by two high level backers, Simon Winnard and Grant Woolcott, and voiced by the community, and what do you think of the character "David Broobin" in particular?

Hi David, will you be ignoring all Alien's questions during this Q&A? ;)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Q: You spoke recently about the game being able to take screenshots in 4x the rendered resolution and that this was the glimpse of Elite: Dangerous of the future.

When is that future going to happen, roughly?

Hi David,

ED is looking fantastic. I couldn't have imagined a game like this, back when I was playing the original on a ZX Spectrum! Congrats to all the team for their fantastic work.

My question is:
Before Elite Dangerous, there was Elite IV, which I think was pencilled in for Gamecube era hardware. Had development actually begun in earnest for Elite IV? Is ED a product or rebranding of Elite IV or was ED a fresh start?

Basically, whatever happened to Elite IV?

Thanks!
Stephen

Hi David,

Another "original Elite player from the BBC Micro" here.

Can you advise on whether "guilds" will be catered for in game, as well as whether it will eventually be easier for friends to match servers together?

Cheers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom