News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance of larger ships swapping out cargo space for some 'fighter bays' which small ships could dock at and be launched from? This would be especially interesting when we get multi crew ships as well as having NPC pilots...

oh and a +1 for any information regarding missions...

Self protection

David,

Just wish to thank you on an excellent game so far and look forward to the continued development of ED.....

...on the ships already you have point defence, on medium sized ships do you plan to be able to install automatic self protective weapons such as Flak cannons to enhance self protection??

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David I know ur busy & stuff
& members on here that u know will more likely get a reply..
That's understandable..

My questions was

1). Panther Clipper when will we see this work horse?.
2). Forcefeedback will it be supported?.
3). The ships Huds layout will we see other layouts of huds
Rather than the one from the sidewinder?.
4). Hyper jumping will we see the approach to a system like in the battle video?
Instead of just going through hyperspace.. Then just appearing in a system without seeing it in the distance.. Then it getting closer.. Etc.. Would be better if this was put in later..
5). Super cruise will it be made so we just don't see main bodies.. In S/C..
That we an see asteroids & stations when slowing down..
So they just don't appear.. In front of us.. It's not that nice.. I know it's a beta..
So these things are not final yet.. But would be good if you can answer thx :D

1. Yes - not sure of the date, but during beta.
2. I'm sure we will - I don't have a 'when' just now.
3. We wanted to standardise the HUD layout for ease of switching between ships, but this is something we will look at for the much larger ships.

Hello Mr Braben,

In all games I play I am very much interested in ones that have their own living, breathing worlds with AI entities going about their business regardless of players actions.

Regarding the living galaxy in ED, what sort of activities can we expect to see the AI getting up to? , will these activities be able to affect other areas of the game?

That we an see asteroids & stations when slowing down.. ...

I imagine the transition will be made smoother at some point, but how much of the station are you expecting to see at ~30km/s ? :D

Another question about extraterrestrial life :

The C64 game Spacefighter had a fun minigame were you were able to catch animals on the planet surface.

Question :

Do you have plans for Mini-games like hunting rare extraterrestrial animals to make the "Planetary Update" more interesting ?

My last question went unnoticed, if you find the time to answer it, I would really appreciate it :) I just love Space- Lifeforms ^^

Hi David and thanks for rekindling the dreams of the 80s micro generation!

Two questions from me...

Q.) I checked out some of the details behind the Procedural Generation in the original Elite on the BBC e.g. the generation of the Government type, tech level system description etc and was even more amazed on how the whole game was crammed into a Model B. Is the level of PG and data compression similar in ED or expanded slightly to encompass planet styles, densities, rings etc?

Q.) What feature(s) would you have loved to have put into the original Elite if the hardware/memory allowed? What was canned from the BBC version?

Is there any chance of larger ships swapping out cargo space for some 'fighter bays' which small ships could dock at and be launched from? This would be especially interesting when we get multi crew ships as well as having NPC pilots...

good question :)

Not only this but will there be add ons to the ships like in frontier which take up cargo space such as better shield generators, engines ect ect so making your load out a decision and leading to 100's of individual styled ships?

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David I know ur busy & stuff
& members on here that u know will more likely get a reply..
That's understandable..

My questions was

1). Panther Clipper when will we see this work horse?.
2). Forcefeedback will it be supported?.
3). The ships Huds layout will we see other layouts of huds
Rather than the one from the sidewinder?.
4). Hyper jumping will we see the approach to a system like in the battle video?
Instead of just going through hyperspace.. Then just appearing in a system without seeing it in the distance.. Then it getting closer.. Etc.. Would be better if this was put in later..
That we an see asteroids & stations when slowing down..
So they just don't appear.. In front of us.. It's not that nice.. I know it's a beta..
So these things are not final yet.. But would be good if you can answer thx :D

Sorry - pressed 'submit' prematurely...

4. Hyperjumping - there are changes being made to this, but it will be different to that. The effect in the video at the time was a prototype.
5. Yes - this is being improved continuously. More to come... ;-)

Hi David

I am and old veteran of the original Elite on the BBC micro.

Their has been debate on whether ED will be on a single shard or multiple shards/instances. Are you able to confirm if ED will be on single shard or multiple.

I felt at E3 that Elite Dangerous was overlooked in comparison to the press that No Man's Sky was getting.

As I put together an Elite Dangerous video cast called Top Shift on You- Tube; Is there anything more the community can do to help raise the profile of the game in the Media?

good question :)

Not only this but will there be add ons to the ships like in frontier which take up cargo space such as better shield generators, engines ect ect so making your load out a decision and leading to 100's of individual styled ships?

Wasnt this mentioned in one of the last two newsletters about exchanging cargo space for weaponry and vice-versa?

do you ever feel put out when people compare Elite to other space trading games when we all know that all these other space games were all inspired by the 1984 Elite anyway.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom