News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Will we be able to play the original Elite on an arcade on a station? :)

(In 'Day of the Tentacle' you could play 'Maniac Mansion' on a computer in one of the rooms).

Maybe just the first docking to the lave station.

Last edited:
Will there be an ability to select missions from within the stations in beta or more interaction with 'contacts'? or is this planned for a later date?

Concerning expansion packages, will the original Alpha testers get a chance to test those before release? Or will you use some form of lottery to determine who gets to test them before release?

Calebe

Hi David, and well done on the award! :)

How pleased have you been with the stick exchange float? Has it helped Frontier as they planned? I've bought in and watch it going up and down. Will you be doing payouts any time in the future?

Loving E: Dangerous so far, even if I am still stuck on the Sidewinder side of things (lack of time to play etc). Roughly how many hours a day do you think you clock up actually playing the game??

Thanks for the Q&A ! :)

Cmdr Bifford

Damn, this threads moves so fast that my questions went unnoticed.

Oh well, I will see the outcome (and the answers ) anyway ... SOON :D

Dear David,

Been a long fan of your work, just recently jump aboard the beta after hearing about it.

Question: When the expansion packs arrives, Will we be able to fly directly from space into a planet and land in the city without a loading screen.

How did you and Ian design the models for the original Elite ships? Were they literally sketched on the back of the proverbial cigarette pack or something more scientific?

Quite different to the modern day versions no doubt!

Thank you David, and team!

Can you tell at this time how much 'camera work' we will be able to see in game? Example; 1st person(that we already have), and 'outside cameras' to where we can look around the ships (as well as our future player characters).

Damn, this threads moves so fast that my questions went unnoticed.

Oh well, I will see the outcome (and the answers ) anyway ... SOON :D

looking at some of the questions I would say that if it hasn't been answered the chances are that it wont be,, your best bet is to ask another question instead.

Hi David,

are you (and FD) still on the "planned route"? Will the beta have all features that you planned some time ago?

Would future expansions require additional kickstarter campaigns? Not just for the money but also to prove the demand exists?

Thank you David for answering my questions.

Will ED have api facilities to export player/resource data to third party/frontier applications in order for players to analyse their stats and etc

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Will we be able to play the original Elite on an arcade on a station? :)

(In 'Day of the Tentacle' you could play 'Maniac Mansion' on a computer in one of the rooms).

Maybe just the first docking to the lave station.

Sorry - last answer...

No, sadly you won't.

Thank you everyone for all the questions. Sorry I only scratched the surface of those questions.

Hi David.

Talking about friend's groups. Do you already have any idea or even working tech that would allow a whole group to travel in supercruise together ?

Great work with this game :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom