Place to find Arsenic better than 1 drop per hour on planets?

Googled every guide, watched plenty of videos on where to find Arsenic. Currently following the advice of one, roaming a planet in my scarab that has 2.5% and I get one drop per hour. I'm aware of how to look for planets that have more or less, but I'm oo old for that much time. It's fun here and there, jist need a higher drop rate.

Apparently some time ago you could get a good deal of Arsenic from lava spouts or something but people are saying that is no longer possible.

Any advice on a good area?

If you are Elite the first planet in the founder's system. Probably got 75 in one day while I was collecting for FSD rolls.

That's a bummer if it's slipped back again. I am down to my last two tons and will need to go out hunting for it again.

I went to Deciat previously (where Farseer is located) and picked the moon with the 2.5% (approx.). I found it spawned better up on the crater rims rather than down in the craters themselves, but that may simply be a RNG effect deceiving me.

I found a load quite quickly in a planet in the Taexalk system. It has 3.6% Arsenic.
I forget which planet, but there's only 1 in that system with Arsenic.

Then just drive about somewhere flat-ish. (Too flat and it lowers the spawn rate, too bumpy and it takes ages to get anywhere)
Then look out for those Mesosiderite, which are single flat line on the very bottom of the scanner. Ignore anything else.

Last edited:
I found this hunt pretty darned frustrating the last time I had to do it. :(

Having been heavily involved with the Engineer feature from day one, I can say with 100% certainty that the availability of Arsenic as well as a few other required mats have been dramatically reduced in the last several updates. These were never that easy to come by before. Now they are ridiculously rare.

This has put me off to any new Engineering efforts requiring Arsenic, such as FSD upgrades. Knowing what it was like before, this is obviously some kind of RNG bug that Frontier either isn't aware of, or has chosen to put off dealing with.

Must suck for new players something fierce!

I found a load quite quickly in a planet in the Taexalk system. It has 3.6% Arsenic.

Then just drive about somewhere flat-ish. (Too flat and it lowers the spawn rate, too bumpy and it takes ages to get anywhere)
Then look out for those Mesosiderite, which are single flat line on the very bottom of the scanner. Ignore anything else.

I will have to check that system out! All my usual locations are worthless at the moment.

Just checked this system and it has 3 planets with Arsenic. So this system is probably your best bet OP, I'll be paying it a visit. Thanks Cosmicspacehead for sharing this info

Just checked this system and it has 3 planets with Arsenic. So this system is probably your best bet OP, I'll be paying it a visit. Thanks Cosmicspacehead for sharing this info
No problem.

It's also a great place to bounty hunt.
One of the stations is between a planet and its ring, and it has a HazRES!

It's my new temporary home. Lol

I believe the Arsenic rich planet I was on is around 1800-2500ls out, orbiting a gas giant. And it's blue. Or atleast the bit I landed on was. :D

I went to Deciat previously (where Farseer is located) and picked the moon with the 2.5% (approx.). I found it spawned better up on the crater rims rather than down in the craters themselves, but that may simply be a RNG effect deceiving me.

Deciat is where I usually get my arsenic. I've never had a problem getting as much as I need in an hour or so.

Perhaps you can improve your SRV technique. I drive as fast as I can and still control the SRV. I use thrusters to fly over large rocks, rather than drive around them. I pick an obvious object in the sky (or a particular compass direction) and generally head in that direction, so that I can avoid areas which I've already depleted and then recall my ship to wherever I end up. Learn the different signal patterns for the varying objects, so that you don't waste time shooting at rocks which don't have what you are looking for.

Here's a useful SRV scanner simulator: http://www.wavescanner.net/

Here's a quick reference: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Wave_Scanner

Last edited:
Wow, such awesome quick responses. Someone above mentioned something about a system being his home now... Which reminded me t ask.

I need a system Home where I can get to friendly. I'd like to be able to krank missions with the high payouts due to high rank. Touring missions and combat etc.

Any advice on what system? With that in mind, any system recommendations. For some reason my current is djiwal and Im friendly. Is that an OK system? What's the best way to get the highest rank fast?

Tnx

I always visit a barnacle site for most mats. Use this one for Arsenic

Barnacle with Arsenic and Cadmium
Pleiades Sector LN-S B4-3 C 3 -13.1651 -54.358

Take a disco scanner and also scan the barnacle so it appears as a permanent POI on your hud for when you come back at a later point.

Process is:

Shoot all the spikes
Hoover up what you need
Log out
Log back in
Repeat

Note that its RNG as to whether you get arsenic, however, these spikes will drop it at some point (its far quicker than bumbling around in an SRV looking for rocks).

Take a disco scanner and also scan the barnacle so it appears as a permanent POI on your hud for when you come back at a later point.

Process is:

Shoot all the spikes
Hoover up what you need
Log out
Log back in
Repeat

Note that its RNG as to whether you get arsenic, however, these spikes will drop it at some point (its far quicker than bumbling around in an SRV looking for rocks).

Thanks a lot. You've just saved me an excrementload of time.

Process is:

Shoot all the spikes
Hoover up what you need
Log out
Log back in
Repeat

Can confirm I am there and have gotten some arsenic so far, so thanks for a great tip. I'm having trouble finding some of the engineered materials, I got a lot of what I needed at Dav's Hope, but there are some I have not seen spawn there. Happen to know any other good spots like Dav's Hope or that crash site in Orrere?

Deciat 6D is pretty good. I got 30 in less than an hour there two days ago. If you don't find any within 10 minutes do the log out/log in boogie to cuff RNGesus about the head.

I find that mats for G5 Increased range FSD are the simplest to obtain; Deciat 6D for the Arsenic, Dav's Hope for the Chemical Manipulators and a high population system in famine state with a Distribution Center for the Datamined Wake Exceptions.

I find that it's the DWE that take the longest as you really are at the mercy of RNG with no real way of speeding it up.

None of it remotely fulfills the brief of 'engaging game play' though and is just shoddy, lazy game design.

Process is:

Shoot all the spikes
Hoover up what you need
Log out
Log back in
Repeat

Very, very helpful. A big THANK YOU!

Went to the Barnacle site earlier today. The RNG gods were a bit fickle - since I primarily wanted Cd, I mostly got As (24 total in 3 hours). I still got 9 Cd and 16 Tellurium. If I had had the need, I could also have collected tons of Germanium, Tin and some other stuff. Of course, the most dropped items are S, C, Ni and Fe.

I also got 35 meta alloys. This is a "double barnacle" site and drops 4 meta alloys per round, typically. Landing close by is a bit tricky, but doable.

Top Bottom