Completely unacceptable amount of bugs

Last night, I picked up a tourist who wanted to travel to the Taosha system. The contract would've paid $1.2M credits. After buying the requisite business-class cabin, outfitting my ship with a fuel scoop and generally being excited, the Taosha failed to offer up any plottable routes.

The Plot route button continues to this day to say "Route plotting failed." I took it upon myself to try to recurse navigate into the Taosha system, spending nearly six hours to get there. The Taosha system couldn be selected but would not appear in the Navigation window of my ship. So therefore FSD was unavailable, and the ETA hung at 2.4 days forever.

And, again today, I accepted another tourism contract. Only to find that Search is not functioning for the Tsohosaie system either. The pointer is stuck on the Taosha system from last night's fiasco.

I strikes me that FR wants to make it nearly impossible to advance in the game, or to drag out ranking up endlessly. If these issues aren't resolved over the next few days, I will bring a lawsuit against FR and PSN for selling me a game that does not work!

Last edited:
If it says "route plotting failed" it means somewhere along the route there is a system you can't reach because your FSD's jump range in not enough. Get a better FSD.

Hi Commander, I haven't encountered such bugs in my game. But I must say threatening with lawsuits before trying to resolve things? Normally you first try to resolve the issue and if that doesn't help maybe a lawsuit.

You sure these are bugs you are talking about? ED is rather complex when you start playing it. Some things don't seem to make sense in the beginning but they do after an amount of time playing ED. When I started doing passenger missions I also was thinking there were lots of bugs in the game but found out it was me who didn't pay enough attention.

Failed plotting routes are part of the game mechanics. It could mean you need to upgrade your FSD

Last edited:
Sounds like one bug - not an amount of bugs and it might not even be a bug!

How far is the system from your starting point?
What ship have you got?
What FSD have you got?
What jump range have you got fully laden with passengers on board?
Has anyone else you know tried to plot the same route?
Have you filed a ticket with FDev?

after all that...maybe its a bug and if it is then FDev will likely help you out. Rants happen, throw less salt...and keep calm!

Where does it say that that particular system requires pre-authorization? No where on any screen anywhere does it say that Taosha is restricted. This game is highly lacking in tips.

For instance, if you spend hours travelling to certain systems on tourist contracts--Dessareti--you don't know that you need a $1M-dollar Advanced Discovery Scanner to reveal the destination until you arrive there. The contract should suggest what's needed in order to succeed. This games appears to revel in failure.

Nope on needing a better FSD. I have a 4E, right now. I've charting 44+ jumps and used a fuel scoop to continue my flight. If you see dotted lines, you either need to refuel at a station or buy a fuel scoop.

These are definitely bugs that need ironing out. This game should've been thoroughly debugged before its release. I want a refund.

Sounds like one bug - not an amount of bugs and it might not even be a bug!

How far is the system from your starting point?
What ship have you got?
What FSD have you got?
What jump range have you got fully laden with passengers on board?
Has anyone else you know tried to plot the same route?
Have you filed a ticket with FDev?

after all that...maybe its a bug and if it is then FDev will likely help you out. Rants happen, throw less salt...and keep calm!

I have a Cobra MKIII and have purchased all possible upgrades. The jump range with passengers is 8.45LY.

I don't want to have to resort to filing tickets when a contract is time-sensitive.

Where does it say that that particular system requires pre-authorization?

On the galaxy map. Says permit required and you cannot select the system.

Just sounds like you had a bad day - i lost 40 million to crew. You live you learn - geez it made me annoyed but hey there you go, it was MY mistake - i did not check. I lost a 9 million rebuy ship due to a silly mistake - but hey i learned... and it was MY mistake. Could Fdev have done more to prevent me from making those mistakes - yes, but then so could I. Sounds like you had the same problem. You didn't check if you could go there first and now you know.

I think you have a misunderstanding about module ratings. A 4E is actually the worst FSD you can put into a Size 4 slot. A 4A is the best, and will give you the best jump range.

Module classes go like this:

E - worst, cheapest
D - lightest, better than E
C - middle of the road
B - heaviest, sturdiest
A - best overall

I'm guessing that you can't plot a route because your FSD just can't make the jumps necessary.

If your flying with a 4E FSD then you have not upgraded your ship completely. I have a new Python and thought I had upgraded my FSD but had not. I loaded up during a CG and found I could not return to the main base with my cargo simply because my FSD was not strong enough.

And as for your agitation with the game, just what kind of game did you think you were buying? And I seriously doubt you could win a lawsuit against Frontier simply based on that you are unhappy with the game. But hey, have at it.

Oh, welcome to Elite Dangerous ....

Chief

Where does it say that that particular system requires pre-authorization? No where on any screen anywhere does it say that Taosha is restricted. This game is highly lacking in tips.

For instance, if you spend hours travelling to certain systems on tourist contracts--Dessareti--you don't know that you need a $1M-dollar Advanced Discovery Scanner to reveal the destination until you arrive there. The contract should suggest what's needed in order to succeed. This games appears to revel in failure.

Nope on needing a better FSD. I have a 4E, right now. I've charting 44+ jumps and used a fuel scoop to continue my flight. If you see dotted lines, you either need to refuel at a station or buy a fuel scoop.

4E is not a big FSD. This is the same FSD that comes stock in a vulture, which can only jump like 8 ly. Also the stock in the Dolphin, which can only jump 10.5 ish stock. Upgrade that stat, as my money is on there being a slightly bigger gap between stars than the FSD can handle.

The only other time route plotting fails is if the destination is over 1000 ly or so away.

I've done a lot of passenger missions, and the only bug I've come across is one where if there are multiple tourist beacons in the same system, scanning one will also complete the others.

As far as needing an advanced discovery scanner, yes and no. It's helpful, but you can alternatively just scan the nav beacon next to the sun to update all of your system data.

I have a Cobra MKIII and have purchased all possible upgrades. The jump range with passengers is 8.45LY.

Umm - this is not good. I see the problem.. i dont think you will get down the shops for a pizza with that jump range - my DBX has a jump range at nearly 50 ly. My sidewainder has a bigger jump range that than - i think its about 10, or 9. something.

You want an A-module...and also the cobra isn't exactly a passenger ship but it can do the job. I think you need to do a bit more research.

I just booked a passenger contract for a destination that is 64.94LY from my current destination, Tsohodiae to NLTT 48502. The "Plot route" button worked this time. There are visible dotted lines where I'd need to use a fuel scoop to continue the journey.

This game is buggy. Period.

4E is not a big FSD. This is the same FSD that comes stock in a vulture, which can only jump like 8 ly. Also the stock in the Dolphin, which can only jump 10.5 ish stock. Upgrade that stat, as my money is on there being a slightly bigger gap between stars than the FSD can handle.

The only other time route plotting fails is if the destination is over 1000 ly or so away.

I've done a lot of passenger missions, and the only bug I've come across is one where if there are multiple tourist beacons in the same system, scanning one will also complete the others.

As far as needing an advanced discovery scanner, yes and no. It's helpful, but you can alternatively just scan the nav beacon next to the sun to update all of your system data.

This did not work in the Dassareti system. I scanned the nav beacon and flew to all of the planets. The names would appear when you flew close enough.

After failing the passenger contract, all of the planets suddenly appeared, including Dassareti 6, which was previously hidden.

Top Bottom