The "Has it been to Beagle & ishums reach" thread

Mengy posed an interesting question in another thread which got me thinking too and I wanted to know the answer, and for some parts I found plenty of info contained in this wonderful forum... But have all the ships been to beagle and have they been to ishums reach? I can only find evidence of the below as a starting point

so... if anyone can link to the thread or provide proof that would be great!

ShipBeagleDateIshumsDateComments
AdderAlexis Liamson23 Oct 3303Alexis Liamson23 Oct 3303
AnacondaMarlon BlakeLate Jan 3301Sam IshumMay 3302
Alliance ChieftainKenneth McGrew28 feb 3304Kenneth McGrew28 Feb 3304
Alliance Challenger
Alliance Crusader
Asp ExplorerKamzel Erimus18 Jan 3301KamzelJune 3302
Asp ScoutECLewis7 April 3302YerfDog14th April 3305
Beluga linerDuck of Death9 Nov 3302rOmiLaYuApril 3305
Cobra MkIIIBravada Cadelanne30 March 3302Zer0axisApril 3305
Cobra MkIVMarkzx5928 March 3302Possible Guardian tech
Diamondback ExplorerSandover25 March 3302Jimbo Jameson4-Jun-3303
Diamondback ScoutZer0axis10th Aug 3304Zer0axis10th Aug 3304
DolphinKenneth McGrew19 may 3303Kenneth McGrew19-may-3303
Eagle13a/24b 25th feb 330613a/24b25th feb 3306
Federal Assault ShipAbsolutePK28 March 3302Possible Guardian tech
Federal corvetteThe_Tenderizer0130 March 3302Drazkul29 Aug 3304
Federal DropshipPink one??Ed Elgar do von Rhein 31st may 3306
Federal GunshipPenny Umbra6 may 3305Possible Guardian tech
Fer-De-LanceMr Crown Vic P711st Dec 3302Possible Guardian tech
HaulerHalo Jones3 April 3302Ray Jordan19-Jan-3303
Imperial ClipperRikk23 march 3302Just Call Me DaveApril 3305
Imperial CourierSu'Ratt29 March 3302Marx11 Aug 3303
Imperial CutterKzasch24 March 3302Kenneth McGrew01 Oct 330465,804LY
Imperial EagleDraco252404 April 3302Possible Guardian tech
KeelbackMr Crown Vic P7110 March 3302Possible
KraitNova Viper Dwagoness29 June 3304Nova Viper Dwagoness30 June 3304
Krait PhantomRevyn0716th Dec 3304Revyn0716th Dec 3304
MambaLysianassa7 May 3305
OrcaJackie Silver8 Aug 3303Jackie Silver13 August 3303
PythonEryn Liamson27 March 3302Eryn Liamson15th feb 3306
SidewinderFrawd27 March 3302R4anger09th Nov 3304
Type 6Paleogamer27 March 3302Jantah5th May 3304
Type 7Halcyone27 March 3302CMDR Marko261231 May 3304
Type 9Olivia Vespera1 April 3302SpallBoy6th Nov 3304
Type 10Nova Viper Dwagon22 Dec 3303Possible Guardian tech
ViperSovereignWinter8th feb 3306SovereignWinter8th feb 3306
Viper mk IVAllitnil2 April 3302Possible 3.0
VultureWielkimagik15th Nov 3305Wielkimagik15th Nov 3305

I have also labelled ships where is possible with engineering to take a comfortable explorer (i.e SRV scanners, shields boost)
Plausible means it is possible however sacrifices and/or god FSD rolls are required (the t7 being the extreme most difficult case)
Impossible means exactly that not even a crazy maxer could get these ships there

Proof constitutes a dated screenshot with max distance from Sol or a picture of beagle etc you know the drill :) and it may just inspire you to take an Adder to beagle!! (or maybe ones already been?)

Last edited:
There is a Cobra MkII in the game? (you have a typo there Ken) :D

It is an interesting question though. I'd wager the Asp Scout might be one of the "have nots", and maybe the DBS as well?

Not to be a party pooper, but CMDR Quar Damek didn't reach Ishum's Reach in a Cutter, he got to Oevaxy BF-A d0 according to his post.
Theoretically, you could get to Ishum's Reach in a Cutter, but I believe you'd need a godlike roll on your FSD, and top rolls on pretty much everything that can have its weight reduced.

Not to be a party pooper, but CMDR Quar Damek didn't reach Ishum's Reach in a Cutter, he got to Oevaxy BF-A d0 according to his post.
Theoretically, you could get to Ishum's Reach in a Cutter, but I believe you'd need a godlike roll on your FSD, and top rolls on pretty much everything that can have its weight reduced.

This is correct. I had only 34ly jump range so no chance for Ishum's Reach. :)

FD's Ed Lewis made it to Beagle Point in his Asp Scout during Distant Worlds. I remember a Dropship making the journey as well. I think Allitnil was there in his Viper Mk4 and Ziggy in his T6, Dilbert. I'm not sure if there are any types that haven't been to Beagle Point but I'm not certain who the first of each class was.

FD's Ed Lewis made it to Beagle Point in his Asp Scout during Distant Worlds. I remember a Dropship making the journey as well. I think Allitnil was there in his Viper Mk4 and Ziggy in his T6, Dilbert. I'm not sure if there are any types that haven't been to Beagle Point but I'm not certain who the first of each class was.

There's also a T-9 (Olivia), two Corvettes (?), and a whole bunch of other ship types. The only ones I know for sure they didn't make Distant Worlds were Diamondback Scouts and Orcas, for everything else I'd have to check the arrivals form myself.

I can suggest https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=238632 for Beagle point. Honestly, to not put in Frawd's record for Sidewinder makes me sad, it brought me great joy while heading there :) . I think I was the first cutter, not certain about that though.

(meh, got beaten to the point, that's what I get for posting while exploring)

Thank you Cmdr...yes indeedy. The Grass Hopper II was the first sidewinder to make it past 65000LY and the first sidewinder to make it to Beagle Point, on 27 March 3302. I should also note that these records would not have been possible without the help of many awesome Cmdrs :)

Frawd

Last edited:
Yeah, when I was on the DWE in my 33.3ly Asp E I could not "reach" Ishum's Reach. When I get back up there in a few months on the Dead End's Expedition, you can be sure that my 58.8ly DBE is going to Ishum's Reach!!!

If I recall, the longest jump is of 82 ly aprox so the minimun jump range is just 41 ly so a Python probably can go there.

There is a Cobra MkII in the game? (you have a typo there Ken) :D

It is an interesting question though. I'd wager the Asp Scout might be one of the "have nots", and maybe the DBS as well?

yes it's a very rare ship indeed ;) thanks!

First Python to Beagle was, afaik, Henkka77 on March 28, 3302. The Beagle Point arrival form (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=238632) from DW contains some, but not all 'first of its class' info.

There are so many different sources of info, perhaps I should have stated my sources... but I will update as new info comes in - Thanks

I can suggest https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=238632 for Beagle point. Honestly, to not put in Frawd's record for Sidewinder makes me sad, it brought me great joy while heading there :) . I think I was the first cutter, not certain about that though.

Human error CMDR - I did Frawd a disservice, I had expected to put his name up but got engrossed in arrival dates and read the wrong year :eek: amended

Rightly so amended thanks

I've added them all in, it was a pink Dropship if I remember DW correctly although I don't remember the name - if anyone has dates I am happy to add them in

------Updated list from DW & 65kly Club--------------

Last edited:
Ishums Reach is the furthest point from Sol that anyone has been...It was first done by none other than Fireytoad in his Anaconda

if you know the date that would be great thanks ;)

I can help with the Semotus Beacon (Ishum's Reach).

Icytoad (CMDR Sam Ishum) was the first to reach it legitimately and get back with the data.

Here's his claim : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nce-from-Sol?p=4012479&viewfull=1#post4012479

He posted that on June 3rd 3302, I assume that's when he got back to sell his data. I visited it in an Asp Explorer in early June 3302 so he must have been there in his Conda before that, possibly late May 3302?

In early June 3302 I landed on "Distant Moon" (the furthest landable object from Sol - and claimed it for Salomé in a bit of story roleplay a few months later). I haven't seen any posts, videos or screenshots of ships on the surface of Oevasy SG-Y D0 B 9 F (Distant Moon / Salomé's Reach) that predate June 3302.

Regarding Beagle Point; I'm pretty sure nearly every ship type prior to the Beluga has made it to Beagle Point now - there's a record of all 571 piolts who made it there in April 3302 on Distant Worlds, and the ships they flew : Distant Worlds Fleet Roster

^^ Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom