News Changes to Ram Tah Mission Bonus Rewards

It's actually a significant effort. It's not all risky with explosions and the like, but it's taken me something like 8-10 hours to do.

if it takes 10 hours to do, then 10 million credits reward is perfectly fine.

What?
If ever there was a poster child for the sycophants, surely this is it.

post-2006553330-0-06105100-1466145836.png

You are funny guy.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.

Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.

Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.

It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

I should really get my Sparse in gear then - I'm at the first sight but it looks liked some artefacts didn't spawn and I gave up. I will try again then I've got 3 weeks to get that 201m :D

For what it's worth I'm entirely happy about the reduced payout. I'm tempted to actually go and check it out now that it wont drown me in so much credits for so little effort that it would kill any sense of legit progression.

Grrr. Was on my "to do" list following Dognosh's guide before went on hols as I haven't touched any of the alien "to-do" stuff yet. Now I am back I was gonna start it this week, but thought no, lets have a look at a Thargoid site first and then head to Ram. Still, can't think of a better way to get my fill of Guardian bases so will press on with the Ram mission next week regardless.

PS Can I be a poster boy too?
PPS Best not, on reflection.

This is still in cover up and damage limitation mode as far as the superpowers are concerned.

The description of the latest CG would rather contradict that assertion.

Honestly, I get that FDev are attempting to strike a balance between allowing progress to be made organically and nudging players toward making new discoveries and that isn't always easy because game-players tend to be tenacious and smart but it seems like they're erring a little too far on the side of obfuscation.

Perhaps all that's needed would be a slight change to the way in-game Galnet articles are displayed so that important information could be presented as a series of bullet-points, in a single article, and then "stickied" at the top of each station's Galnet feed, for as long as FDev deem them relevant, for players to read?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Honestly, I get that FDev are attempting to strike a balance between allowing progress to be made organically and nudging players toward making new discoveries and that isn't always easy because game-players tend to be tenacious and smart but it seems like they're erring a little too far on the side of obfuscation.

Perhaps all that's needed would be a slight change to the way in-game Galnet articles are displayed so that important information could be presented as a series of bullet-points, in a single article, and then "stickied" at the top of each station's Galnet feed, for as long as FDev deem them relevant, for players to read?

Galnet really does need to be reworked, but that's a whole another topic :D

Greetings Commanders,
As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.
Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.
Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.
It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

Thanks, was thinking about undertaking the mission, no further interest now, o7

Thanks, was thinking about undertaking the mission, no further interest now, o7

Yeh it's a shame isn't it.. I haven't done it either and I won't now. I guess the problem is:

Try to do the mission yourself in the true spirit of the thing - It's easily worth at least 200 million because it'll take you ages..
Do the mission according to the online resources and route optimisers - It's doable more rapidly..

So the reward is now far too little for some and before it was too much for some... Hmm..

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

Maybe, but would that stop people from complaining that what they deem to be relevant isn't displayed? That's obviously a rhetorical question.

I stand by the fact the superpowers are in damage limitation though, as far as the average person in the galaxy is concerned they have nothing to worry about the Thargoids, there's been no direct hostility with anyone except for some Federal ships. Which probably didn't make any of the major news outlets (except in imperial space I'm sure ;))

The galaxy is fully aware of Palin's links with Xenobiology, if you were interested in finding out more then he is the obvious place to start, the obvious downside to that is that you have to become allied with Sirius corporation who I trust as far as I could throw the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal. I have not been to Palin's base since it all became public knowledge, but I think that there should definitely be some news articles there (if there isn't) that would direct you to at least one of the Thargoid sites.

Anyhow, we're digressing :)

Last edited:
Might have a go at this mission over the weekend.

I've no idea what's involved in this, but does a lone CMDR have any chance of finding all the sites without using a guide or list of locations?

Why?

Well this really sucks.

I arrived at Meene literally last night to take the mission. I've been aware of it for only about a week, and figured I'd get a start before the weekend. I only have a couple hours on any given week day (at best) to play the game, so a big undertaking like that seemed best done on a Saturday.

I was shocked at first and hopeful that it was a glitch, because as hard as I looked online last night, there was no indication of the Ram Tah quest being nerfed. The thing is... I normally wouldn't even be upset. For all I know, I wouldn't have finished the quest anyway and would've taken a 60 or 70 mil payout happily. I don't want to be swimming in credits and I don't want to rocket myself into having the best ships in the game, because that's when the game gets boring.

But for the love of god, Frontier, why do you make us try SO hard? What I really want is a multi crew ship with a fighter bay so that I can play with others. I've got a fully kitted ASP X and Vulture, both of which support multi crew. Unfortunately, multi crew is essentially pointless in either ship because taking turrets would be idiotic.

I don't want to beat the game, I just want to have access to parts of the game without spending hundreds of hours of my life grinding. The Ram Tah quest was a great way to do that. This unannounced nerf of the quest is like a massive slap in the face followed by a middle finger on top of everything else that makes this game a struggle for me to love. I want to love it, I really do. Why do I have to try so hard to do so?

---

Oh, last thing. The point has been made several times now that you could just offer 100 million as a reward for the first time doing it and then lower it for any repeats. I even remember seeing someone from frontier directly respond to such a post without actually addressing that suggestion in any way. Please don't ignore constructive suggestions that players offer to help make the game more tolerable for people like me who don't have the time to put in.

While I love the sentiment:

• The initial site was found by looking at the starmap in a promo video, hardly 'in game'
  • Subsequent sites were found by exploiting an in-game bug which resulted in longer drops onto planets when near sites
  • The actual 'puzzle' required a massive number of commanders over an extended period - I very much doubt a CMDR could do it single-handed (even if they know where the sites were, which they wouldn't)
  • and most commanders are solving it using route optimizers

So I don't quite see how your words match your sentiments ;)

And they were also bugged for months on end without a fix.. Quite frankly, Frontier are their own worst enemy.

Unhappy!! Give us a warning ahead of time (as posted here before)! Besides that, YOU SHOULD WANT players to do this mission since it contains awesome lore! It also would have been nice if players got the full reward after the first time they finished the mission and maybe a lower reward for subsequent playthroughs, if you feel the mission was not meant to be replayed.

I'm seriously REDACTED . I had the mission and dropped it, to do some other things because I knew I could pick it up later. If I knew you would remove it/ change the conditions I would not have removed it.

Communicate better FD and consider reopening the mission rewards (for a specified time).

Last edited:
What is it reduced to. I friend did it last week. I wad going to, but outside of bubble trying to do the 5k loop to open palin. not got chance to get back do it with him.

What is it worth now, does anyone know

I had started this mission before and gave up about half way when it became clear it was impossible to finish fully. I was waiting for the bug to be fixed and was planning to start this weekend, but guess I'll do something else now because it's just not worth the time anymore with the reduced bonus. Oh well.

(posted by another guy on subreddit originally)

Guys... Seriously?
After dozens of puzzle bugs, impossibility of finishing the mission in certain modes, tons of research and player PATIENCE for you to fix it - you decide to stealth nerf it? After ED doing Cannon session on it?
This is really getting ridiculous, you already nerfed cargo hauling missions so on highest rep they are sub 1M for 150tons of cargo.
Why are you doing it. Please stop. You are only making people abuse things like Qunce more.

You just nerfed the ONLY real big content based no-exploit no-board hopping money maker.

(my own addition)
plz do not nerf anything anymore in the coming months. you will just over-nerf it like the division and ubisoft

What is it reduced to. I friend did it last week. I wad going to, but outside of bubble trying to do the 5k loop to open palin. not got chance to get back do it with him.

What is it worth now, does anyone know

111 for full completion (as opposed to 201 before). For partial completion, it's the same as before - only the bonus for full completion has changed, AIUI.

(posted by another guy on subreddit originally)

Guys... Seriously?
After dozens of puzzle bugs, impossibility of finishing the mission in certain modes, tons of research and player PATIENCE for you to fix it - you decide to stealth nerf it? After ED doing Cannon session on it?
This is really getting ridiculous, you already nerfed cargo hauling missions so on highest rep they are sub 1M for 150tons of cargo.
Why are you doing it. Please stop. You are only making people abuse things like Qunce more.

Where is the bolded bit referring to? I picked up about half a dozen million+ haulage missions over the last couple of days, a couple were >2 million. All missions popping up at the same time going to the same destination system (if not station) for convenience. And I'm Friendly, not Allied with the faction in question (unless there's something weird where payments go down when Allied).

I really DO get that this might have only ever been intended as a temporary thing.
I mean, if this guy is throwing money at people to go out and scan obelisks, there's probably going to be a point where he decides he's got all the info' from them, right?

You know what would have been a good idea, though?

Put information INTO THE GAME which informs people of what's happening.

Even if you don't want to change the mission briefing, would it REALLY have been impossibly hard to set it up so that Ram Tah sends a "mission critical update" warning people that he's got all the information he needs and as of [date] he's going to reduce the reward?

When you're changing the game in a way that is, apparently, pre-planned and intentional, players should be made aware of the situation via in-game methods rather than having to read a forum which is not, after all, something that all players will do.

Also, as others have said, when you are discouraging players from participating in one of the longest, as well as most lucrative, legitimate elements of the game while STILL retaining the ability for players to stack scanner/skimmer missions (which I seem to recall FDev saying would be stopped) it sends a rather unfortunate message as to how FDev envisage players earning credits in the game.

Wait you want relevant information *in the game*? haha. ED doesn't do that. Here's a list of 90 websites you need to play.

Top Bottom