Since a lot of people complain about the game not telling you of stuff happening, I thought I'd let you know the Federation lost a permit system

Since a lot of people complain about the game not telling you of stuff happening, I thought I'd let you know the Federation lost a permit system

You can find more about that here or here if you're a reddit user and you want to read our take on it.

This is a project that took over a year to reach fruition and thus I'd like more people to know about it. The system in question is Ross 128, the permit for which is acquired at the Ensign rank (Rank 7) of the Federal navy.

No hard feelings to the Federation, but at the absence of Alliance lore and the extreme tunnel visioning on Mahon, there will always be as much pressure to FD to deal with the achievements of our side.

In an unexpected turn of events, the LHS 2541 Alliance Combine party has seized control of Ross 128. A system home to one of the most high security penal facilities of the Federation, where access is locked through permit only available to higher Federal Navy personnel.

Since the founding of the Alliance of Independent Systems and up to this day, there has been speculation of the Federation detaining officials and civilians without due process within such facilities. For almost a year, Commodore Helena Stone has pursued the validity of such claims, pressing for an entry permit and inspection rights within Ross 128. It remains a mystery how, but Alliance Combine was granted access and permission to conduct an investigation within the system.

Within very little time of the faction setting office, its personnel swiftly acquired the means and local support to instigate a coup for control. Initial rumour indicates that the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps acquired access to the system through the investigative procedures and initiated operations towards its takeover. The final result only creates more questions regarding the details of how access was granted or by whom, since the Alliance Commodore has been regularly outspoken about her distrust towards the Federation and has often been credited of having close ties with the shadow diplomats.

Following the conclusion of the war, Miss Stone followed through her tradition of organising a public appearance and providing a detailed breakdown of the system's economic status and her plans moving forward its liberation. In particular, the system will prioritise civil development and growth instead of feeding in the incarceration establishment which the population previously had to financially sustain.

In order to cement a form of trust and clarity with the population, the report also included a complete disclosure of the prisoner files previously out of public reach and of confidential status. The majority of prisoners were pilots and statesmen captured during conflict, for whom a dedicated team is to be established for their rapid repatriation. Non-Alliance citizens will also be provided an integration program as an alternative, whereas Federal Officials will be transported to Sol.The facilities themselves are planned to be repurposed as a museum, exhibiting the Federation's covert practices, including document and video logs salvaged from the prison's data banks.
Most controversially, however, the lists also included names of Alliance officials previously considered missing due to unknown reasons, confirming the rumours circulating within the Alliance. The logs indicate no trial prior to their imprisonment and often mandate the extraction of information through any means necessary.

"This campaign has often been described as a warmonger's cause. I'd like the same individuals to repeat that assertion to the civilians returning home. It has become clear, the Federation has no plans of allowing our unity to thrive, nor ever did. Judging from the state of the systems liberated over this past year, I've also come to realise they have no such plans for their own citizens either. My place remains in the front line, alongside the pilots and troops willing to fight for the prosperity of the common man."

-Commodore Helena Stone

Buck Diamond, Wolf 406 Journal

[video=youtube;7ikxvy3EinM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ikxvy3EinM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

By DNA-Decay

Last edited:
You can find more about that here or here if you're a reddit user and you want to read our take on it.

This is a project that took over a year to reach fruition and thus I'd like more people to know about it. The system in question is Ross 128, the permit for which is acquired at the Ensign rank (Rank 7) of the Federal navy.

No hard feelings to the Federation, but at the absence of Alliance lore and the extreme tunnel visioning on Mahon, there will always be as much pressure to FD to deal with the achievements of our side.

Wow, has this ever happened before? And so is the permit still required currently?

Wow, has this ever happened before? And so is the permit still required currently?

There have been cases where a system would lose ownership to a native non-superpower faction, like what happened in Facece due to some power play bugs (now restored), but there hasn't been a case where a navy tied permit system has been actually expanded into by another superpower and taken over as far as I'm aware.

The home system of the faction we got in Ross 128 is ~60 LY away from Ross 128, so we didn't do it from next door either.

The closest case was Phekda, however that system is not tied to Navy Ranks. Phekda had its permit removed in the end. That system also has much less lore around it.

Last edited:
As far as we are aware, Faece was flipped to Independent, but a superpower taking the permit system of another we believe is unprecedented.

And yes, at the moment, it requires an Ensign Federation rank to enter this Alliance system. :D

Alliance 万歳

[ninja'ed]

Huge victory! And like Apos said not like we grabbed a random faction from next door. This is a main faction.

Last edited:
No big loss. Nothing of value is in that system anyway.

Lore wise the system has so much dirty luggage that it would probably be a full blown out scandal to have anything from there released to public.

Other than that, it's fairly small. But so is Guantanamo Bay.

well done :)

to bad permit giving factions are fix.

The permit is Navy locked, not faction provided.

It's an official (ex) Federal establishment.

That's the problem with the federation, nobody cares. Alliance meanwhile keeps expanding...

The main thing is the Alliances got a much dedicated group helping expand their influence. Federation is weak and Empire is in the middle. Star-Hunter i was talking about destroying authority ships there.

Lore aside, is it safe to say that the effect that this will have on the average persons gameplay is zero?

Well, that's the pessimistic approach. It has provided tonnes of joy to a quite sizeable part of our members. The eventual accomplishment of a feat that involves so much work is really exciting.

We can't provide that joy for everyone into the game, it would have to be their own project to reach the climax of "goal->effort->accomplishment".

Other than that, pressuring FD to deliver the player driven galaxy promised is one of the reasons such big tasks are taken. However, even if they were to deliver that promise, the average player would still get no joy out of the game without actually immersing themselves in the galaxy.

Not everyone will be affected by everything. An outcome will make some people happy, other people mad. And some people will remain bystanders and pretend they are better than that while remaining in stasis and calling other people crazy for having fun.

Last edited:
well it depends on the specific activities one considers as "gameplay", but probably yes. until we know what the consequences are lorewise, its probably not gona affect your gameplay.
It is more about PRESTIGE if anything.
and the fact that it took an incredible amount of work to pull it off.

if you could just remove the bad guy in charge of the federation would be great kthx. and im a chief petty officer btw, but currently grinding imp rank and made serf. mainly because hudson is a bad guy, and i dont trust him. instant response to thargoid coming back? war. no discussion. alright a fed fleet got what it deserved for hoarding thargoid stuff instead of leaving it alone. but thats like bombing a planet and acting all innocent and surprised when a defending fleet arrives and kicks the snot out of your bombers and saying 'no fair! we declare war on you'.

people like him in power CAUSE wars.

Top Bottom